cats in the garden

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
is there any product or plant you can buy to deter cats?

their piss stinks and im sick of collecting it for Tdc's sexual exploits :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Bottle it and label it Stella, sell it to 15 year olds hanging around outside offlicences.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
just go to your local hardware store, in the sections for weed killer they normaly have something to deter cats.

(NO ITS NOT WEED KILLER !!! - there are special bottles of cat deterant stuff)

tris-

cats, kittens, they are all shit. i just want to tie them to a road and run them over with a steam roller. apparently that isnt acceptable though :/

cheers tears ;)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
A hose? Or a bucket? A good soaking - especially when they are young - can work wonders to prevent them wandering into your garden again.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
is there any product or plant you can buy to deter cats?

their piss stinks and im sick of collecting it for Tdc's sexual exploits :/

Actually yes there is.

In Makro *ahem* we sell these weird little machines that act as deterrents, I think they generate a pitch outside of our hearing range that cats and dogs really REALLY hate. So basically makes them get out your garden, they're fairly cheap too.

I'll grab ya some info when i'm in tomorrow.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Get a spud gun and hit it in the cat bollox. Wont come back

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Anything citrus. They don't like lemon at all.

Alternatively plant catnip in next-door's garden.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
How about a scarecrow dog

scarecrow_DSCF3943.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry but the garden is no longer your property. It now belongs to the cats, and you are there with their permission.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Air rifle, cats have no legal status. You are not liable for murdering someone elses cat :)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Air rifle, cats have no legal status. You are not liable for murdering someone elses cat :)

Cruelty to animals, fine or for repeated offense you'll get locked up.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:
Actually yes there is.

In Makro *ahem* we sell these weird little machines that act as deterrents, I think they generate a pitch outside of our hearing range that cats and dogs really REALLY hate. So basically makes them get out your garden, they're fairly cheap too.

I'll grab ya some info when i'm in tomorrow.

These things piss me off as I can hear them. Its Fucking hard to tell where its comming from though.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Tears said:
Cruelty to animals, fine or for repeated offense you'll get locked up.
Not if you kill it in one shot. Thats not cruel - or are you saying the entire meat industry in the UK is illegal?

/edit - and quite frankly, who gives a shit? Humans are top of the foodchain, people who spend more time caring about poor little cuddly animals than about their fellow man should be fucking shot.

Stoned Viking

Fledgling Freddie
Option A : Grab the cat, put strong mustard in its behinds, watch
and laugh... Trust me it wont come back!

Option B : In the case of several cats, catch two, bind their tails together
and put them over a robe hanging from two trees.... watch :p

Yes, sarcasm is a gift....

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
Not if you kill it in one shot. Thats not cruel - or are you saying the entire meat industry in the UK is illegal?

/edit - and quite frankly, who gives a shit? Humans are top of the foodchain, people who spend more time caring about poor little cuddly animals than about their fellow man should be fucking shot.

I am saying if you see your neighbours cat and shoot it with an air rifle then you have serious issues and would deserve the fine youll get

Just because humans are top of the food chain does not mean they shouldn't care about the welfare of other life on this planet.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Can you think of a good reason why we *should* care, though? Excluding ecological reasons where humans kill so many of a population it dies out.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Same reason you shoudn't walk around bashing random strangers in the head with a baseball bat (aside from the legal reasons). It's wrong, if you don't understand that you're what's called a sociopath.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Please explain why its wrong. It wasnt wrong when we lived in caves, or when there were kings and everybody liked hunting.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Times were much more violent back then - I could go in to it in more depth but I can't be bothered as you're obviously being a cantankerous git at the moment and I'm not in the mood.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:

Twat. Cemented.

And you're a troll.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Seriously, I'm not trolling for the sake of it. I just dont see the point in caring much about animal welfare. I certainly dont take the same view with humans, and I dont generally practice mindless/random violence upon animals, but as I say I just dont really care about them. Millions of animals/humans die in the most unimaginable pain every day due to entirely natural causes, do you see people moaning about that? No, you get people who say that testing drugs to keep humans healthy is morally wrong and they then go and dig up corpses and shit through people's letterboxes.

I may be a troll/sociopath/whatever but I dont go around digging up peoples grandparents because they dont subscribe to my world view.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I do like that technique. You essentially advocate shooting a cat, people disagree with it and you compare them to animal rights extremists who do insane things like digging up graves. It does seem to be a common method used to make a point but the fact people seem to miss is that the world simply isn't that black and white.

Yes digging up peoples grandparents is quite insane. That doesn't mean we shouldn't give a shit if someone shoots a cat.

But like I said, I'm not getting involved in this conversation. Honest.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
see we have a maurading cat, just appeared in the last few month, must be a new neighbour, we live in he center of town, its still very green in the center of my town but you still get town problems such as rats, now all the rats have vanised but also so has squirrel that used to frequent the gardens :S

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Sadly though, that's the natural order of things.

I wouldn't like it myself if my cat was shot but you see Chilly's thinking along the same lines at how a cat would think themselves, "it's smaller than me, and I can kill it so I will".

I don't know many cats that wouldnt think twice about ripping a mouse/birds head off after toying with it for a bit killing it slowly.

Now one thing you can do is use an air-gun thats not loaded to shoot a blast of air up their arse, cats REALLY hate it and after a few times of doing that I can guess the cat wouldnt come back in a hurry.

tris-

i actually agree with chilly :/

tris-

its ok for dogs to kill cats, and us not kill the dog.

but us our selves cant kill cats?

k :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom