Catacombs Warlock movie

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
hmm wonder how this will work in 8v8 combat if u get what i mean, was the pause thing him preparing the spell or did the mythic guys like pause it so he could talk? (the balls still rotated) if its him preparing the spells wont it take too long in combat? obviously its overpowered, specially if they get lifetap, prepare 3-4 lifetaps and walk out, nuke some 1, then fire off ur lifetap every 2 seconds :p but hopefully they wont, or if they do the lifetap wont b able 2 b 1 of those glowy balls (4second BDer lifetaps gay, 2 second warlock lifetap? hmmmm :D) :S <see's a nerf coming for a class that isnt even out yet?> any hoo

but lets say jumping a warlocks not gunna b as fun as jumping a runie :p:D

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't be surprised if this class is going to get nerfed to hell and back. Have two warlocks in your group, have each of them go to town on a healer.. meh.

Xplo

Banned
well once he is out of prepared spells he has to prepare them again ;)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nice idea - a caster who can front-load. Will be dead-meat once those saved spells have gone though :)

Litmus

Resident Freddy
cant realy see this class being a new savage/BD fotm class(thank god) due to the fact that once it has fired off its 5 spells in the 10second cap... its shaged, because i doubt hes gonna have time to stand around for 20secs preparing new spells.

Oh well, maybe im wrong, cant realy see much until you actualy play it.

"eheh, this class is gonna be so overpowered man". "yeah dude". - Could only be american tbh.

Carrera

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I know they can still cast spells normally aswell..

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
They can cast spells normally they just take double the casting time. Although they get a free secondary effect with it.

Herjulf

Banned
What u saw there if i understand correctly is spells that he can "pre load", in total it can be 5 spells i believe.
Which is instacast/fast cast once used.

in addidon to that warlock will be able to weave spells and combine 2 spells at the same time and by doing that will be able to get em combined at scoutrange+, TOA items excluded in that ofc, thus toa +range and +casting speed will do wonders.

I am not so shure theywill be very gimp.
They will have longer cast time shure, but with acces to kobold/frostalf high dex, removel of MoTa cross all realms it might be a interesting addition indeed.

Eroa

Banned
casttime is everything in rvr, if you aint got it, you wont get groups end of the day

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
anyone else notice there using the old charachter models there :p

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
casttime is everything in rvr, if you aint got it, you wont get groups end of the day

that was cast speed only using a staff, no buffs, no RAs and no ToA bonuses

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I don't like the idea of a caster I can't interrupt. Worried that this will be another Bonedancer.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Btw, it's only when you hear a shrill American yell, 'Isn't that going to be overpowered?' that you realise just how geeky this game is.

Eroa

Banned
Ocalinn said:
that was cast speed only using a staff, no buffs, no RAs and no ToA bonuses

yes, i dont care how fast he casted there.. but they have 2xcasttime then normal spells, that is stated by mythic

Eroa

Banned
Loxleyhood said:
Btw, it's only when you hear a shrill American yell, 'Isn't that going to be overpowered?' that you realise just how geeky this game is.

no.. we all heard it, and i guess those events where they show off the things attracts the realy geeky ones playing, and not the larger base who is quite normal people strangly enough :)

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
That movie showed fuck all, even if it be warlock skills, the char was completely naked, and god knows if they even properly sorted/opted the class.

I don't think you can really draw conclusions from a movie that's being played by a Dev that doesn't even know how to play his own class. (seeing him messing around with the mouse is just funny)

And tbh, those ball indicators; "Hey mates, I'm a warlock, zerg me fast!" is worse than wearing a HE cloak as a 50 Rejuv cleric if the warlock ends up being overpowered.

People sure as hell will target/take it down 1st thing :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't look too bad to me - once you blow your instas, you're left casting normally, not as silly as a BD which can go on tapping till he runs out of power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom