Catacombs Warlock movie

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The last part of the presentation and the most impressive was the Warlock presentation. All through the demonstration, all I was thinking about was, “watch out Albs, here comes your death.” I’m not taking sides or anything, but “GO MIDGARD!” The Warlock can weave spells together creating duel effects when they hit the target. The down side to this is it takes twice as long to cast those spells.

The real power of the Warlock will come in what is called Chambered Spells. A Chambered Spell is a spell the Warlock prepares before the fight. A warlock can chamber up to 5 spells. The spells he or she has chambered flows above his head for all to see. When he releases a chambered spell it costs the warlock no mana and is an instacast. However, there is a two second timer between casting chambered spells. Another feature that the Warlock will get is what is called primers, which the warlock weaves into his spells. The three primers that Matt mentioned are Instacast, Powerless Cast, and Extended Range Cast. Yes, Archers beware. The warlock weaves one primer with one secondary spell for the desired effect.

Could be overpowered, depending on what the "chambered" spells can do. Do they nuke hard, can they stun, mezz.. etc. The Warlock sounds like a frontload class, doing massive damage at the start of the fight. What if you chamber five spells: DD > DD > DD > Stun

Question isn't will it be overpowered... but how overpowered :p
Mythic don't add gimped classes to expansions. They need silly "I win" classes to tempt people into levelling them = more hours played = $$$$$$

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
1 advantage i see in the class is when it quickcasts it could quickcast a DD and snare 2 run and nuke, or maybe 2 DD? has mythic said if there gunna b able 2 quickcast 2 spells?

tbh i think this class will b gr8 in PvE, bolt + snare, nuke, nuke, then fire off 1-2 of ur chambered spells :D (was that last chambered spell a root? certainly looked like one).

also i take it this class now counts as mids version of petspamming (not complaining bout the class just wondering how it will b :S classed).

also wonder if they thought about floating aoe balls? if this class gets aoe nukes, could b nice :D 2 aoe nukes (cast at once :p) inst aoe nuke which casting 2 more nukes, etc etc :D with good support this class could b cool (with bodyguard this class could b wowzor IF its a strong nuker)

least imo

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL @ wont like three almost insta castable spells be like overpowered. How geeky did they all sound

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
Btw, it's only when you hear a shrill American yell, 'Isn't that going to be overpowered?' that you realise just how geeky this game is.

he sounded just like edie murphy when he does a white guy in raw/delerious

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Helsvell said:
They can cast spells normally they just take double the casting time. Although they get a free secondary effect with it.

if they are based on mystics they will have DD, Root and Debuffs etc as well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
hmm wonder how this will work in 8v8 combat if u get what i mean, was the pause thing him preparing the spell or did the mythic guys like pause it so he could talk? (the balls still rotated) if its him preparing the spells wont it take too long in combat? obviously its overpowered, specially if they get lifetap, prepare 3-4 lifetaps and walk out, nuke some 1, then fire off ur lifetap every 2 seconds :p but hopefully they wont, or if they do the lifetap wont b able 2 b 1 of those glowy balls (4second BDer lifetaps gay, 2 second warlock lifetap? hmmmm :D) :S <see's a nerf coming for a class that isnt even out yet?> any hoo

but lets say jumping a warlocks not gunna b as fun as jumping a runie :p:D

as i understood it u cant "prepare" unlimited spells, so the warlock only have like 3 or 4 spells and then he gotta prepare a new batch... cant see much thats overpowered about that one. sure, u cant interrupt him while hes casting those 3 or 4 spells. but once hes done casting those hes pretty much helpless if theres ppl attacking him (much like any other caster). atleast thats how i understood it.

/edit: Darksword, warlocks dont get quickcast. they can chamber spells but they dont recieve QC.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
1 thing tho, they have said that the warlocks spells will be 4 sec casting time no matter how much dex you have...So does this mean that dexterity is completely useless for a warlock?

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
Probably not, as they will have other spells than chambered-spells, that are affected by dexterity, as far as I know.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
as i understood it u cant "prepare" unlimited spells, so the warlock only have like 3 or 4 spells and then he gotta prepare a new batch... cant see much thats overpowered about that one. sure, u cant interrupt him while hes casting those 3 or 4 spells. but once hes done casting those hes pretty much helpless if theres ppl attacking him (much like any other caster). atleast thats how i understood it.

/edit: Darksword, warlocks dont get quickcast. they can chamber spells but they dont recieve QC.

most casters are useless when being attacked with the exception of QC, MoC, Necromancers and BD. Chambered spells will probably be best saved until the Warlock finds themselves in a situation where they cannot cast normally. Using them all up right away would be a waist, especially if they don't have MoC (or even have access to it).

Herjulf

Banned
one thing i noticed spells will dexwise be capped at 4sec. +castingspeed will however affect castspeed. of chambered spells(?).
Which makes Warlock maybe not nescessarily having to be a high dextrous race. OFC valkyn preffered for piety reasons i reckon.

Question is.. will warlock be mystic or seer? or new line?

cuz if warlock is seer, piety will only affect power(?)

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
. OFC valkyn preffered for piety reasons i reckon

Ehh in what game ?? I hope your talking about Frosties , cause Valks dont have higher than " standard " piety , only thing they have max in is flea's ...

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
they will nerf it just like all classes in game they've nerf'd :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Damon_D said:
Ehh in what game ?? I hope your talking about Frosties , cause Valks dont have higher than " standard " piety , only thing they have max in is flea's ...

50 Shaman 50 SB 50 Skald 50 Savage 50 Aug healer 50 Supp SM 50 Supp RM 50 Dark SM 50 Pac healer 50 Warrior 50 supp BD Moderna 4TW

Jesus - look at all those toons! You ever kissed a girl son? ;)

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Jesus - look at all those toons! You ever kissed a girl son? ;)

1. Owned!
2. This class won't be overpowered unless they get AE dmg spells... They can kill one person really fast I guess, but imagine them having 5x AE DD loaded up... that's one zerg-killing machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom