Catacombs instances

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Is it me, or are they full of bugs all the time ?

Virtually every dungeon, mobs get stuck in walls, or your pet ends up fighting the mob inside walls. I have to think twice before PBAOing as I might inadvertantly snare a mob inside the damn wall !

I just took my 31 Thane inside Gossamer Grotto. It said dungeon was for one level 31 player but all the mobs were green or blue (instead of yellow).

WTF's going on ? I would have thought they could have fixed wall bug issues in the recent patch...obviously not. Anyone else bugged by catas bugs ?

razeredge

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep know the feeling, had a lot of it on my cabby, keeps dissapearing through walls, get used to it though, can usually just put him on passive to bring him back and resume the fight but occasionally he goes into other room in dungeon agros mobs there, and when i call him back, he takes the long way round (through corridors rather than the way he took originally), and agros every single mob along the way and brings them back to me :( , there's also the bug where it logs you out to the character select screen when u enter the dungeon, although its less frequent

Tijl

Loyal Freddie
Noticed this as well, in the 40+ taskdungeon near CS and in barrows-barbarian room instance. With castertic, gave up on instances for this reason.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Tried RightNow for raising these as bugs for investigation?

I'll post a link to this thread on E&E forums, but please RightNow it as well.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Not really done too much catacombs instances, but from what I recall the only bug I encountered was the one where client logged to character selection screen when you zoned in.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
I just took my 31 Thane inside Gossamer Grotto. It said dungeon was for one level 31 player but all the mobs were green or blue (instead of yellow).

Well it's obviously a very clever instance ... not only is it looking at your level it's also taking the thane-gimpfactor into account when deciding what colour mobs to populate the instance with!

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Yep Instances are a nightmare for pet classes ,I always lost my necro pet as it chased half way around the instance although I found the CO5 dungeon the worst when I'd summon it and in some places like in the frontiers it would just get stuck and I'd lose it altogether :(

The other thing I noticed in some instances was the weird graphics /texture lines where you could be standing 5 feet away from a mob go to cast and it wouldn't be in view, move over the weird line and every thing was fine apart from the fact the mob aggroed you at this point which isnt great for a normal caster ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
swifteagle said:
The other thing I noticed in some instances was the weird graphics /texture lines where you could be standing 5 feet away from a mob go to cast and it wouldn't be in view, move over the weird line and every thing was fine apart from the fact the mob aggroed you at this point which isnt great for a normal caster ;)

Yeah. I'm playing a caster toon at mo, so elected long corridors. And the damn mobs start disappearing into the walls so I get "target not in view". Next thing I know he's appeared right in front of me and I gotta do an emergency insta root and leg it so I can get some range ! Very frustrating

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:

I assumed that the dungeons are made up of sections, and that texture lines were where these met. I found in most of them that I could always cast into the next section, but rarely into sections beyond the next section.

Darzil

jrjr999

Fledgling Freddie
Takhasis said:
Tried RightNow for raising these as bugs for investigation?

I'll post a link to this thread on E&E forums, but please RightNow it as well.
Will not take you long it happens on all instants u can be an inch away from a mob and it says you cannot see your target from here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom