DAoC 8v8 instances

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Just an idea ;)

This idea could be implented as a 'mod'/ 'add-on' to the game.

It's pretty similiar to the GuildWars way of working,

create a character (class / spec points etc).

You start off in your epic-armor, or any basic armor if u wish. with standard bonuses (max +75). And at lvl 50.
(note: With this toon u cannot go into the PvE world.)
Other 'original' or new created pve toons who pve'ed themself to 50 and in gear can also join this area ofc.

You enter some sort of an 'meeting zone' with standard merchants for potions etc.

You can sign up for some 8v8 solo, but also as an group.

-you enter the 8v8 zone once there are enough people on both sides -

First team who elliminates the other team wins. (get rp per kill ofc).

If you win you automaticly can go on with ur squad if u want and u end up fighting a other 8 man team, who also won their previous 8v8 match.

By gaining rp you can ofc get better realm ability's and by gaining bp you can buy nice armors / weapons. (for PvP chars only usable in PvP and for original chars / pve chars usuable in both worls).

And ofc an ability to goto GuildVsGuild (if spread realm ofc so alb vs hib but not alb vs alb, for example). Where u can sign up when u have 8man in ur guild group, and choose a guild where u want to fight against.

(can even implent a laddar system here , like some fps games have, clanbase.c*m for example).

Ofcourse the higher ranking guild u beat the higher u rise on ladder with pts, and visa versa.

Note: no swapping of rp / bp per character, this must be made impossible.

Leaving a instance on purpose, would make u be unable to join a new one for atleast 30minutes.

...well just an idea,, pimp it up if u wish, but make sure its something that COULD be implented and not looking 100% like some stuff we see on non mythic servers.

flame away :D

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
This is not a first-person shooter. What's the point of being in an MMORPG then. Some freeshard should do something like that properly tho, for lan purposes. :D

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Similar to Warhammer and it's Scenarios.

More Renown you gain better armour you can obtain and morale points.

Soulja

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
This is not a first-person shooter. What's the point of being in an MMORPG then. Some freeshard should do something like that properly tho, for lan purposes. :D

Well congax tbh, there isn't allot of roleplaying left in DAoC is there?

ppl are all lvl 50 + suited up atm (which is a good thing if u'd ask me).

this way you can only get more 8v8 fights? This was for me allways the best part of daoc :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OMG this old chestnut, its a crap idea, really crap, crappier than a crap thing thats been crapped on by the lesser spotted crapping bird only found on the island of crapville.

Firstly, as in WAR, it takes players away from real RvR, which is the whole pivot of DAoC no matter how you see it, its a battle from 3 sides in a vast arena, not a little epeen 8v8v8 (there are 3 realms ya know, so you cant do 8v8!).

Then like guild wars and WAR, the uber fixed groups will decimate all, and then youll be back here whining like a girl that you cant get a pug and when you do you get whiped!

Then youll start a VN board like frenzy on here of ppl creating threads like "OMG I DIED!" and "OMG I KILLED j00!" as every 5 year old comes to tell us their woes. FH will become like VN with pubeless wonders bleeting on about their wtfpwnage and I personally will go into "WHY DONT YOU *&%*&^$ OFF YOU &*^&*^ &^%*%^ (($£&%$ &^%&^%*&^ WITH A &^£:~{: UP YOUR GODDAM @::{! AS NO ONE CARES YOU ~@::}{:~@ with a small monkey and a box of cucumbers."

Besides, miffic cant be arsed to put in new content, and this kind of thing has been suggested a million times before and ALWAYS been shot down by the community and miffic alike. Its a bad idea, now stop thinking and we will all get along fine.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
OMG this old chestnut, its a crap idea, really crap, crappier than a crap thing thats been crapped on by the lesser spotted crapping bird only found on the island of crapville.

Firstly, as in WAR, it takes players away from real RvR, which is the whole pivot of DAoC no matter how you see it, its a battle from 3 sides in a vast arena, not a little epeen 8v8v8 (there are 3 realms ya know, so you cant do 8v8!).

Then like guild wars and WAR, the uber fixed groups will decimate all, and then youll be back here whining like a girl that you cant get a pug and when you do you get whiped!

Then youll start a VN board like frenzy on here of ppl creating threads like "OMG I DIED!" and "OMG I KILLED j00!" as every 5 year old comes to tell us their woes. FH will become like VN with pubeless wonders bleeting on about their wtfpwnage and I personally will go into "WHY DONT YOU *&%*&^$ OFF YOU &*^&*^ &^%*%^ (($£&%$ &^%&^%*&^ WITH A &^£:~{: UP YOUR GODDAM @::{! AS NO ONE CARES YOU ~@::}{:~@ with a small monkey and a box of cucumbers."

Besides, miffic cant be arsed to put in new content, and this kind of thing has been suggested a million times before and ALWAYS been shot down by the community and miffic alike. Its a bad idea, now stop thinking and we will all get along fine.

:( i wanne divorce :twak:

Killder

Can't get enough of FH

What he said.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
exactly what i thought.

if ppl want instanced pvp go play WoW...

right but when ppl add on you it isnt good either?

i find it a little bit easy to reply with a quote like urs. Give some more info on why u think it instead of just saying what u think.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
right but when ppl add on you it isnt good either?
Oh no, Im going to sigh again, then get RSI raving on about adding in a multiplayer game....must.....refrain....ARGHHHHH!!!

Dude, what you suggested here will so not fix the issue of adding, its like yawn raping, you dont want it to happen but you know it will, sooner or later someone will stick their greasy kebab soaked finger in your gob while you enjoy gasping for brain oxygen and feeling generally good while doing it, so accept it and next time, go somewhere quieter for a nice phat yawn to avoid the prospect.

8v8v8v8v8v8vhamsters wont stop adding will it?

Afran

Part of the furniture
Fuck that, instanced PvP is what I've HATED about most recent MMOs

Soazak

Part of the furniture

This ^^^

I like the randomness of world pvp, don't fancy pvp in a goldfish bowl.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Oh no, Im going to sigh again, then get RSI raving on about adding in a multiplayer game....must.....refrain....ARGHHHHH!!!

Dude, what you suggested here will so not fix the issue of adding, its like yawn raping, you dont want it to happen but you know it will, sooner or later someone will stick their greasy kebab soaked finger in your gob while you enjoy gasping for brain oxygen and feeling generally good while doing it, so accept it and next time, go somewhere quieter for a nice phat yawn to avoid the prospect.

8v8v8v8v8v8vhamsters wont stop adding will it?

Aye, but then again you won't HAVE to sign up for the instances? there will still be open rvr arround?

And you get more people enjoying 8v8 and then perhaps also running so in rvr? + when its all quiet you dont get tower bashes but perhaps still some nice 8v8.

Perhaps implent 8v8 instances outside prime times? (or since europeans play us servers too activate em when pop is below X ?

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
GvG was awesome, but this wouldn't work in DAoC because the realm balance is bad.

Mid > Alb > Hib

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, but then again you won't HAVE to sign up for the instances? there will still be open rvr arround?
Taking 1 person from ORvR will have a sheep effect, they all follow along doing impressions of pidgeons going "coo coo look at the shinny new thing!" and suddenly everyone wants a go, so the defence (what there is tbh) or attacks there are will decrease.

And you get more people enjoying 8v8 and then perhaps also running so in rvr? + when its all quiet you dont get tower bashes but perhaps still some nice 8v8.
Sigh...its not 8v8 and cant be ever! Its 8v8v8, theres 3 realms, thats the single most important thing about DAoC, the thing that makes it totally unique and appealing. My guild find fights all the time, we go lab, we kill, we go NF we kill, action is never far away but you seem to be saying its hard to find. What if you cant get your 8 together, and end up standing in a circle in Svasud round ya handbags like an 80s disco, for 2-3 hours waiting for that illusive healer, how dull with that be as 1 by 1 ppl leave your group, which they will.

Perhaps implent 8v8 instances outside prime times? (or since europeans play us servers too activate em when pop is below X ?
There is no prime time anymore, forget being EU or US, its just DAoC. When would this stop too, when australia wakes up, when the sun rises in Bagdad, when Bluesky gets out of bed, stretches, drags his ass down the stairs and puts the kettle on? Population wont work, as individuals will log on, do /who laby, see no one there and log again, as theres no action.

I still say we dont need it, wont use it, and it will help kill off the already quiete rvr we have now, sorry to poo on the parade, but I cant see this ever working.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
When would this stop too, when australia wakes up, when the sun rises in Bagdad, when Bluesky gets out of bed, stretches, drags his ass down the stairs and puts the kettle on?
You bastard!!!!!!! Where the fook are the camera's? :D

Oh and erm... btw... those 2 girls really were nurses... erm... helping me with my "injury"... honest guv :fluffle:

What if you cant get your 8 together, and end up standing in a circle in Svasud round ya handbags like an 80s disco,
Don't even attempt to deny that you miss your flock-of-seagulls-quiff and leg warmers bouncing around to Kajagoogoo and Cyndi Lauper :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Having a "third leg" is not an injury!
Don't even attempt to deny that you miss your flock-of-seagulls-quiff and leg warmers bouncing around to Kajagoogoo and Cyndi Lauper :D
I only stopped last month when my missus took her handbag away from me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom