CATA D/L without serial key

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
544
Hi this is a kinda odd question i guess.
But i bought my copy of catacombs and activated it and everything. and now my cd drive broke down and i wont be able to afford one until next month.
Is there anyway to download a launcher (like toa client) for catacombs?
i want to start playing today.

and again, i have the cds i have the serial i have activated it. i just cant install it from my cd drive
 

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
590
Borrow a freinds CD-ROM Drive to install then remove CD-ROM Drive, as darkage doesnt need CD inserted in drive to load.
 

Eva

Part of the furniture
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
1,387
I made a rar for friends who wanted to dl it through patcher before they got the game so they were good to go instantly. Download this and copy your toa folder and put the 2 files in there, then run the .exe and you will update to 1.73 catacombs version.

(Blame sept is webserver isen't on :p)
 

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
478
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=53710

u can find there info about how to get cata client.

basicly u need camelot.exe, patch.bin, login.dat, files for the US catacombs.
when u run the client it will DL the catacombs from mythik which is about 900MB if u have toa already. After download is done change these files with files to euro version and it will patch from goa with smth like 20MB and your done.
 

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
544
ok thanx for help.

and i dont think its only the cd that is broke, it might be cables and stuff aswell :(
 

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
420
Kelio said:
Hi this is a kinda odd question i guess.
But i bought my copy of catacombs and activated it and everything. and now my cd drive broke down and i wont be able to afford one until next month.
Is there anyway to download a launcher (like toa client) for catacombs?
i want to start playing today.

and again, i have the cds i have the serial i have activated it. i just cant install it from my cd drive

cd drives IIRC are only about 8 quid aint they surely u can afford that :( if not.... go mug an old lady and then u can buy a decent one.
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
Here is a much easier way to do it.

Open the update.dat file in your ToA folder.
Change the word atlantis to catacombs in both lines.
Save the file and connect using the ToA client. You'll patch the difference between the EU ToA install and the EU Catacombs install (about 900MB).
 

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
544
ah thanx again, now i wont have to download at 10kb/s from US :clap:
 

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
478
Requiel said:
Here is a much easier way to do it.

Open the update.dat file in your ToA folder.
Change the word atlantis to catacombs in both lines.
Save the file and connect using the ToA client. You'll patch the difference between the EU ToA install and the EU Catacombs install (about 900MB).
I did tryed that 1 day before cata release on europe, and i've got a message that i have to many corrupted or missing files so i though GOA does not allow anymore this way of "patching". I remeber mythik chaged some time ago the patcher so u cant pach if u need to DL more then 700MB but its worked for me.
 

inqy

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
458
take a copy of your toa folder before you do it. handy for when you need to run the toa client with unactivated (cats) accounts which I discovered after. doh!
 

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
FH Subscriber
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
12,497
inqy said:
take a copy of your toa folder before you do it. handy for when you need to run the toa client with unactivated (cats) accounts which I discovered after. doh!

My mate tried that on MY PC xD I laughed at him... He reinstalled ToA while I fell asleep =( Sent him a Cata key today XD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom