A

Afroninja

Originally posted by Aussie-
if a caster EVER

-misses a nuke
-fumbles a nuke
-or gets a lvl ~50 nuke fully resisted

then start whining .

my level50 bolt has missed on grey cons lots of times.
my level47 nuke has been fully resisted on a number of occaisions.

whine on :)

T

Trinilim

I think bolts work like arrows now (AIIEEEE!!). As in, if the target is running, you miss, in combat, you miss (feature of the bolt), facing you, you miss, /waving to you, you miss, charging you, you miss, goring you with a large sharp object, you miss, /laugh spamming at your dead body, you cannot cast while dead. :\

A

Afroninja

aye, that sounds about right :)

although there was one grey con at the mid df entrance. doing nothing except standing there. Flame Spear still missed :)

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Trinilim
erm... wtf? That has what to do with what I said? seeing as you quoted me.. o_O
My point being that you're posting bullshit and just trolling for flames.

I reach this conclusion because your arguments are invalid for the current patch. Your perception of caster damage output for Hibernian casters in 1.54 is way off the mark.

In addition you continue to post the same arguments which are invalidated by responses but ignoring these responses, so I must presume you're just trolling because you're bored.

O

old.anubis

lol, just found this post over here, and this is coming from hibs
spirit resist: 26% items + 5% racial (celt, spirit res) + 24% warden + 9% AoM III + 35% enchanter RA = 99%
You cast your Soul Annihilation spell, you hit for 5(-600) <== :rolleyes:

A

Amadon

Anubis if you notice the post is about casters in general, not just hibernian casters.

The hardcap on resists of 50% along with diminishing returns for higher resists as suggested in the enchanter TL would solve your problem, nullify the overpoweredness of the chanter RA and BoF, and maybe make casters in general feel more useful in RvR, without making them overpowered.

Please try follow the discussion before mindlessly trolling.

O

old.anubis

no cap afaik, the figures are real, from one battle with LA ppl
cap with even 70% would be nice

soz, i've read only first page

T

Tyka

anubis what u are saying is not true, no caster can do get 600 points reduced in one nuke, impossible. not saying its impossible to have 100% resists, but you just cant do that amount of dmg.

A

Amadon

Yeah the hard cap isn't in yet.

I was talking about a suggestion that the Enchanter TL made in his TL report to Mythic that a hard cap be put on resists at 50% and that resists above 26% be subject to diminishing returns.

I think someone mentioned that in this thread already.

Sounds like a good idea to me for all realms, so I can only hope they listen :)

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Tyka
anubis what u are saying is not true, no caster can do get 600 points reduced in one nuke, impossible. not saying its impossible to have 100% resists, but you just cant do that amount of dmg.

well, pbae can ;). 99% from 605 will be 600, we have a whoopy 5 dmg left on the best dmging spell in game :clap:

T

Tyka

ah right, then no single target nuker can do that amount of dmg ;)

didnt know there was many pbaoers in mid ;)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Amadon

My point being that you're posting bullshit and just trolling for flames.

I reach this conclusion because your arguments are invalid for the current patch. Your perception of caster damage output for Hibernian casters in 1.54 is way off the mark.

In addition you continue to post the same arguments which are invalidated by responses but ignoring these responses, so I must presume you're just trolling because you're bored.

ah fuck off, you think I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about? Once I figure out how to put in screenshots I'll put proof on here :\, damn .tga file.. hitting tanks for 600 damage every 2 seconds in the immediate vacinity is so incredibly nerfed! Should be at LEAST 1k! FECKING MYTHIC!! :rolleyes:

V

vulcan1

ah fuck off, you think I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about? Once I figure out how to put in screenshots I'll put proof on here :\, damn .tga file..

WoW Mind your blood pressure bud. take a chill pill.

Heres something to help you sort your tga files out, convert to jpeg/fiff and you can post what ya like :)

http://www.xnview.com

See some of us casters are nice :rolleyes:

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Tyka
ah right, then no single target nuker can do that amount of dmg ;)

didnt know there was many pbaoers in mid ;)

Bolt of Obliteration hits for plenty too ;)

A

Amadon

ah fuck off, you think I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about? Once I figure out how to put in screenshots I'll put proof on here :\, damn .tga file.. hitting tanks for 600 damage every 2 seconds in the immediate vacinity is so incredibly nerfed! Should be at LEAST 1k! FECKING MYTHIC!! :rolleyes:
PBAoE is not a nuke.
Can u not read?
The whole discussion is about casters not being able to kill tanks at full range because of resists.

PBAoE is a total different story, to be able to use it effectively you need to have 2 expensive 30 minute timer RA's up (MoC = 24 pts, Purge = 10 pts) and a druid with his insta's ready.

Why your argument re pbaoe is utter bollocks:
- if a tank is in range to be hit by pbaoe for around 500 damage (which is what I see in practise with MoM1), then that tank is also in range to hit the caster for much more than that (I've been hit for 700+ by a polearmsman), but the tank has 2x as many hps and better armour, and the tank's damage dealing is front-loaded
- if the tank is in range, he is also in range to hit the caster and thus interrupt the caster, reducing the 500 damage to 0 damage

So basically what you're saying is that the only way for a caster to be viable in RvR is to use PBAoE with 2 bitch expensive RA's and ensure a druid has his insta's ready and saved just for that caster? And you call that viable?

Casters are meant to kill at range, casters can't any longer because of resists. PBAoE is the only spell that currently does the kind of damage that casters should be dealing (given it's weaknesses, hitting for 600 damage with PBAoE is fair). Ranged nukes do NOT do that kind of damage. Most people did not roll casters to deal damage at close range, we're forced into it because it's fast becoming the only partially viable spec if you have the realm points and a willing druid.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by vulcan1

WoW Mind your blood pressure bud. take a chill pill.

Heres something to help you sort your tga files out, convert to jpeg/fiff and you can post what ya like

http://www.xnview.com

See some of us casters are nice

:clap: thanks

and amadon, what would you classify a PBAOE as then? It's not a DoT, it's not a Bolt.. Does it do direct damage? yes.. Is it castable? yes.. So..erm.. what makes it not a nuke? :p

and might wanna think of all the different places an enchanter/eldy can be when casting pbaoe before you immediatly assume I mean right in front a tank and waving his ass for the tank to put his foot in. Ever been to a MG? well.. pretty sure you have, you know what the doors look like when they're broken? Well.. if you get a pbaoe behind one of those doors, you can nuke an easy 3-4 times before anyone figures out where you are, and by that time, because of the insane damage they do, you're dead.

If only I could find that screenie of memeerf (might've been someone else, not sure) nuking me with a cold DD for 450 when my cold resists were 40% and wasn't debuffed :(

But anyways, last whine on this thread, it's too long allready :p

Casters got nerfed! :hat: :hat: :kissit: :hat: :hat:

A

Amadon

dropoff from pbaoe is pretty bad, anyone not standing within melee range from me I hit for about 0-300, the damage figures you talk about are only possible if you're really close to the caster. I have never hit anyone not within melee range for more than 300 damage (ex crits). I only have MoM 1 tho.

As for pbaoe behind milegate doors - u're prime mez bait there, and again, u need purge or a bard who's awake and willing to demez you every 2 seconds, and you get interrupted by every aoe cast on the doors, so yeah.. you can use moc to counter aoe spells, and purge to counter mez (or gp but u dont get immunity, or a bard constantly unmezzing u - which takes 2 sec at least), and you have to hope someone runs close enough to the door.. which is all aside from the topic of the thread again.. as I said in my previous post, pbaoe is the only damage spell that is viable in rvr, and it's not that easy to use it effectively either.

and yeh.. thread's gone on long enough bout time i did some work :p

cya at another /whine thread :D

N

-Nuked-

PBAoE is not a nuke.
Can u not read?
The whole discussion is about casters not being able to kill tanks at full range because of resists.

PBAoE is a total different story, to be able to use it effectively you need to have 2 expensive 30 minute timer RA's up (MoC = 24 pts, Purge = 10 pts) and a druid with his insta's ready.

Why your argument re pbaoe is utter bollocks:
- if a tank is in range to be hit by pbaoe for around 500 damage (which is what I see in practise with MoM1), then that tank is also in range to hit the caster for much more than that (I've been hit for 700+ by a polearmsman), but the tank has 2x as many hps and better armour, and the tank's damage dealing is front-loaded
- if the tank is in range, he is also in range to hit the caster and thus interrupt the caster, reducing the 500 damage to 0 damage

So basically what you're saying is that the only way for a caster to be viable in RvR is to use PBAoE with 2 bitch expensive RA's and ensure a druid has his insta's ready and saved just for that caster? And you call that viable?

Casters are meant to kill at range, casters can't any longer because of resists. PBAoE is the only spell that currently does the kind of damage that casters should be dealing (given it's weaknesses, hitting for 600 damage with PBAoE is fair). Ranged nukes do NOT do that kind of damage. Most people did not roll casters to deal damage at close range, we're forced into it because it's fast becoming the only partially viable spec if you have the realm points and a willing druid.

:clap::clap::clap:

N

-Nuked-

and might wanna think of all the different places an enchanter/eldy can be when casting pbaoe before you immediatly assume I mean right in front a tank and waving his ass for the tank to put his foot in. Ever been to a MG? well.. pretty sure you have, you know what the doors look like when they're broken? Well.. if you get a pbaoe behind one of those doors, you can nuke an easy 3-4 times before anyone figures out where you are, and by that time, because of the insane damage they do, you're dead.

ok so basically if we "nuke" from point blank range .. we get hit by the tank for more dmg then we do ourselves. (with our lower HP and non existant absorb) so obviously we die. but luckily we get to defend keeps to get rps .. huh what is that guy so upset about, trin is obviously correct we still do enough dmg ... ah its ok maybe next patch mythic will give us stealth so we can infact get inside the keep while the albs/mids are attacking it, so we can infact get rp's without a groups help and all i have to do is run from realm to realm from keep to keep to do it, and get past about 2+fgs bashing on the door wait a few secs to get ported inside the keep then pbaoe the door? cool im so glad i can kill people if im standing behind a door - i might try it, never know it could be fun or i might go to an MG when the doors are broken and nuke 3-4times before someone looks behind the door and ganks me or maybe if the doors are closed, albs and mids might forget how to use space bar and i might be able to get 6-7 nukes in
:hat::hat::hat::hat:

i dont play nuker to stand behind doors and nuke ppl or be sneaky at MG's i prefer to use a nice void bolt from distance to take 50% hp then finish you off with a simple DD and i wana do this while standing in the middle of a field! maybe nukers should have got ganked - but not so much that a polearmsman can hit me for the same dmg i hit him for and the only way that im able to do this is if im using a pbaoe standing at his feet with lower hp and armor. get real .. no point in playing when its so unballanced!

E

Ezeine

I don't think the situation is that bad. There are loads of ppl out there with poor or average resists (yes, even with SC).

/em is killed by a fire specced Avalonian or some other gimped caster

:sleeping: Good thing you finished trolling this thread moron.

I

inuyasha

imho

I still feel mages rock =)

not alb mages, but mid and hib mages rock =)

alb mages is dead, since no one feel like protecting them, rofl

D

Danya

If only I could find that screenie of memeerf (might've been someone else, not sure) nuking me with a cold DD for 450 when my cold resists were 40% and wasn't debuffed :(
That might be because memeerf is an enchanter so has a heat nuke, moron. :p

O

old.giriam

Ever been to a MG? well.. pretty sure you have, you know what the doors look like when they're broken? Well.. if you get a pbaoe behind one of those doors, you can nuke an easy 3-4 times before anyone figures out where you are, and by that time, because of the insane damage they do, you're dead.

youre not the brightest of the bunch are you? when you get damaged by someone then you get them targeted automagicly, so all you need to do is /stick and spam a style. add to that the fact that everyone spams aoes on the doors and if you stand close you will be mezed/debuffed/gtaoed/interrupted and not to mentioned keeled.

that being said pbaoe is usefull in keep situations and standoffs, and its also usefull in other cases but the DD is the bread and butter of every caster, pbaoe is very situational.

G

K

Kobold

I have never hit anyone not within melee range for more than 300 damage (ex crits). I only have MoM 1 tho.

Then ur gimped, not all mages :m00:

I killed like...20 mids/albs yesterday with my DD, and my average damage is at least more than 400 damage per DD (i got mom2). A few got high resists and I may hitting for down to 300 in a very few situations, but mostly I hit for about 450 + crits alot with WP2. SO I won't say mages are gimped at all.

It's only the l337 freak groups/guilds mostly that will have all capped resists and best resist buffs at all times, and they prolly win the fight anywayz :p

I

inuyasha

mages rewl

dropoff from pbaoe is pretty bad, anyone not standing within melee range from me I hit for about 0-300, the damage figures you talk about are only possible if you're really close to the caster. I have never hit anyone not within melee range for more than 300 damage (ex crits). I only have MoM 1 tho.

As for pbaoe behind milegate doors - u're prime mez bait there, and again, u need purge or a bard who's awake and willing to demez you every 2 seconds, and you get interrupted by every aoe cast on the doors, so yeah.. you can use moc to counter aoe spells, and purge to counter mez (or gp but u dont get immunity, or a bard constantly unmezzing u - which takes 2 sec at least),

Why does a bard need to unmess you every second second? Your immune for 2 min =)

And of damage...if you cant do more then 0-300 damage before people get to you, the respec :D Last night i two hit killed a skald for 540damage each blast, and you dont get over to me in melee =) (1500 is looong melee range :D)

I wanna team with a mana ench which is not suicidal, so i can try my blasts with 50% heat resist =)

I

inuyasha

lol

after each day of solo rvr...

I laugh at the question of this post :D

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Eternal[EW]

Then ur gimped, not all mages :m00:

I killed like...20 mids/albs yesterday with my DD, and my average damage is at least more than 400 damage per DD (i got mom2). A few got high resists and I may hitting for down to 300 in a very few situations, but mostly I hit for about 450 + crits alot with WP2. SO I won't say mages are gimped at all.

It's only the l337 freak groups/guilds mostly that will have all capped resists and best resist buffs at all times, and they prolly win the fight anywayz :p
Try quote in context please, I was talking about pbaoe and it's falloff, not about ranged nukes. My DD/snare (mana specline) does about 350-400 damage ex crits, and that's without high resists. Against high resists I see about 200-300, and that's what I feel is nerfing casters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom