Motoring Car Advice + Opinions Please.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
But my mechanic will love me :p

Maybe, maybe not :) If you're only doing low mileage in it it'd not cost much more than most other cars to run.

Well, maybe another grand or two a year :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
But my mechanic will love me :p

haha :D
Maybe, maybe not :)
I think a 50% chance that your TVR will break is too optimistic :p

Trem: how about the diesel Mini? it will do a zillion miles to the gallon, etc. if it bores you maybe you could get the engine replaced by the one in the BMW 120d or so? 160odd horses!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I hear that 95% of all the TVRs ever built are still on the road...

...The rest made it home.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
How about a renault megane?
Did you actually read the thread? :eek:
I had a brand spanking Clio 182, I bought one against everyone's advice - "don't buy a French car!". I bought it under advice from Evo since they were coming on each other's faces over how great a car it was.
<snip>
Crap car.

That's all I remember. I won't ever have another Renault.

Work colleague bought a yr old Megane, has had it in and out of the garage more times than enough due to electrics... he wont touch another renault ever again
(I had similar electrical problems with a diesel clio from 2001)

Calo

Part of the furniture
Toyota yaris? even a nuclear bomb will not destroy that.

vauxhall astra coupe?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The 328 is a pile of shit though luv, wouldn't pull my hat off and would be shocking on fuel.

Pug = NO! :eek:
Alfa GTV6 = *fap* but how bad would that be on fuel but even so *fap*
I would have a mark 2 Golf GTi 16v if I could find a good one, had one years ago and it was great.

328i stats - 0-60 in 5.9, 146mph top speed, 30mpg easily attainable. None of the other cars mentioned so far would see which way it went.

YouTube - BMW 328i Sport Gruppe M induction noise sound

Seems pretty fast to me. What's more it sounds utterly utterly divine.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Where are you getting those stats from? My Z4 is a 3.0si with 265 bhp, it does 0-60 in 5.7. 5.9 sounds a bit optimistic.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I was convinced I remembered Autocar had it at 5.9, but upon researching it, I can see it's 6.1. Still not exactly slow mind.

BMW 3-Series

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The less-than-200 bhp 328i? I really dunno mate, I thought that was around the 7 second mark, even the E46 330ci weighed in at 6.5 seconds to 62 going on the official beemer figures and that has 231 ponies.

I see what it is: that link above has 0-60 figures which would probably account for the BMW times being higher, there would most likely have been a gear change after 60 mph.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I was sure the 328i is an underpowered overweight car.

Could of sworn I went in one once and was bored shitless. Don't get me wrong I like Beemers but if I were to get one it would have to be rapid.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well concidering theres speedlimmits, having a fast car is more then just a little pointless tho...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
328i stats - 0-60 in 5.9, 146mph top speed, 30mpg easily attainable. None of the other cars mentioned so far would see which way it went.

Especially the Chim, as the driver would be so far ahead of it he wouldn't be able to see the BMW in his rear view mirror.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Well yeah, but saying something is as good to drive as a Golf GTI of that generation is like saying something is as reliable as an Xbox 360? I'd say one of

Punto HGT
BMW 328i Sport
Pug 306 GTI-6
106 GTi
Fiat Coop 20v Turbo
Alfa GTV6
Golf GTI 16v / VR6 (MK3)

Of all of them, I'd probably go for the 328i to be honest. It's the only one that isn't wrong wheel drive for starters.

I've got an alfa GTV parked outside right now that's rear wheel drive I'll have you know :)

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
But that isn't the model of GTV that Bodhi was talking about. Which model is it? There have been a few that are rear wheel drive.

RB

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Alfa Romeo GTV6, don't have any pictures of it in digital format, but here is the model Alfa Romeo GTV6 the one outside is a bit bruised and battered as it's done up for rallying.

same model different year. Either way it's a dirty Italian rot box :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Alfa Romeo GTV6, don't have any pictures of it in digital format, but here is the model Alfa Romeo GTV6 the one outside is a bit bruised and battered as it's done up for rallying.

same model different year. Either way it's a dirty Italian rot box :)

Got ya, I was thinking of the GTA I think, the one that was on Top Gear when Hammond was hypnotised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom