Motoring Car Advice + Opinions Please.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
We currently have a Nissan Navara pick up and a 1.2 Punto Mia (in burnt orange ffs!). I have decided that it makes more sense for me to use the Punto for the school run and Samm use the yeehaw! truck for getting to work, that way it keeps the miles off the Navara and it also makes it easier for me to park along the horrendous school road.

I am starting to struggle with the image of the Punto now, I can't believe I ever ripped the piss out of Meg for having a lady mobile but here I am in the same tangerine (boat).

I love the Punto to drive, its spacious and good fun and I have been looking at the HGT version but am struggling to find a decent cheapish one.

I want something that is small and nippy but doesn't look like a chav car, I do like the Saxo VTS but I can't have one of those, I am 36 for gods sake!!

Any ideas luvs for something that will be useful, nippy and small but not gay looking?

Cheers.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Being anally fisted by a midget while riding a bike and the kids sit in the basket on the front?

That MIGHT be less homo than your punto.

Srs note: Golfs are pretty hot.

2.0 TDI <3

Fweddy

FH is my second home
You should get this.

I like the look of the new Fiestas and hear they're fun to drive.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
this. small, nippy, 6 liter V8. 19"alloys. why, Samm could trundle it down the shops, no worries mate!

Trem

So far on the whole you guys have been about as much help as a bra in Ethiopia :eek:

I quite like the Clio Sports but they will be too small inside, I am 6'4"

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can have my old Type-R for 12 grand. Expensive, maybe, but then I owned it :)

Trem

I always thought of you as driving one of these mate...

1972 FORD CAPRI 3500 BASE MET GREY, NO RESERVE,RARE CAR on eBay (end time 18-Sep-09 21:08:50 BST)

Other than that.. fucked if I know - I'd have thought golf was the most sensible suggestion... or something like Civic Type R? Or is that our of your price range?

Dunno mate - you're the car head ;) Why not something retro like an old xr3i ? :p

M

Yeah they are a bit pricey chum, this will be our second car and used for all the stuff the pick up is too precious for.

I was looking at the Civic VTi but the prices are a piss take.

If I could find a mint XR3i I would have it! :D

Been looking at the old Yamaha RD500 (motorbike) on Ebay and they are going for like £6000, the 80's are in fashion!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Seriously Trem, have a look at the Fiat 500. Its a great little car.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Being anally fisted by a midget while riding a bike and the kids sit in the basket on the front?

That MIGHT be less homo than your punto.

Srs note: Golfs are pretty hot.

2.0 TDI <3

Er, he wants something nippy and fun? So why the fuck are you suggesting a lardy diseasal? Golf TDi's are great as a company hack, but extracting fun from one? You must be joking. The torque all comes in one big lump, meaning it shifts initially then leaves you on the wrong side of the road with no go and in need of another gear.

How about this (with the original rear lights back on)?

Venture Autos : " 1.8 HGT FITTED SAT NAV AIR CON , "

Or an old 3-series, like an E30 325i?

Trem

Would love an old 325 Sport but they are too small inside for me.

I like the HGT Bodlar but I'm afraid I can't have a yellow car :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

I had a brand spanking Clio 182, I bought one against everyone's advice - "don't buy a French car!". I bought it under advice from Evo since they were coming on each other's faces over how great a car it was.

It was a heart breaker. Brilliant to drive, well equiped, but it literally fell apart. In no particular order (from what I can remember):

- Central locking failed.
- Misfired every single morning shortly after setting off.
- Broke down completely after 4 weeks, thermostat temperature sensor to blame.
- Brave servo failure.
- Dashboard flashed like a Christmas tree on several occasions, had to stop and start engine to get it to stop.
- Wheel arch lining fell off at 80 mph, interesting scraping noise for sure, used duct tape to secure it into place.
- Oil leak from cylinder head gasket, was with Renault three days to fix, needed to have cylinder head removed, new gaskets and seals around associated bolts.
- Trim rattled like ratty the rattle snake.
- Renault customer service is like Arnold Clarke with aids.

Crap car.

That's all I remember. I won't ever have another Renault.

Bodhi

Would love an old 325 Sport but they are too small inside for me.

I like the HGT Bodlar but I'm afraid I can't have a yellow car :D

Red One - Fiat : 2000 FIAT Punto 1.8 16v HGT

Blue One - Fiat : HGT 1.8 ltr 16v

THis one will probably be a better steer - Fiat : Punto GT Turbo

The reason I'm suggesting more Puntos is I have one. A '98 Mk1 Sporting 16v in white. Tis a cracking car, only big problem I've had was a knackered clutch cynlinder in 2 years. It's currently SORN'd til I get my licence back, but I cannot wait to get in it again. Smiles per mile are off the scale frankly.

Bodhi

I had a brand spanking Clio 182, I bought one against everyone's advice - "don't buy a French car!". I bought it under advice from Evo since they were coming on each other's faces over how great a car it was.

It was a heart breaker. Brilliant to drive, well equiped, but it literally fell apart. In no particular order (from what I can remember):

- Central locking failed.
- Misfired every single morning shortly after setting off.
- Broke down completely after 4 weeks, thermostat temperature sensor to blame.
- Brave servo failure.
- Dashboard flashed like a Christmas tree on several occasions, had to stop and start engine to get it to stop.
- Wheel arch lining fell off at 80 mph, interesting scraping noise for sure, used duct tape to secure it into place.
- Oil leak from cylinder head gasket, was with Renault three days to fix, needed to have cylinder head removed, new gaskets and seals around associated bolts.
- Trim rattled like ratty the rattle snake.
- Renault customer service is like Arnold Clarke with aids.

Crap car.

That's all I remember. I won't ever have another Renault.

From what I can gather Renaults either break down a lot or randomly crash into walls, bringing convenient safety cars out.....

leviathane

Part of the furniture
My lil clios still going strong, only problem i have with it is its a crappy fwd. Ofv there are better cars out there.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am starting to struggle with the image of the Punto now, I can't believe I ever ripped the piss out of Meg for having a lady mobile but here I am in the same tangerine (boat).
Actually my orange motor hasn't arrived yet, so for now, it's just you ;)

Trem

Red One - Fiat : 2000 FIAT Punto 1.8 16v HGT

Blue One - Fiat : HGT 1.8 ltr 16v

THis one will probably be a better steer - Fiat : Punto GT Turbo

The reason I'm suggesting more Puntos is I have one. A '98 Mk1 Sporting 16v in white. Tis a cracking car, only big problem I've had was a knackered clutch cynlinder in 2 years. It's currently SORN'd til I get my licence back, but I cannot wait to get in it again. Smiles per mile are off the scale frankly.

Emailed the guy about the red one to see where abouts he is, the others are perfect but bloody miles away :(

Why are you banned Bods?

Have to agree even our 1.2 8v is a brilliant car to drive, I do love Alfa's and Fiats I was close to having a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo until common sense took over.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
No to french

Yes to Japanese

I've gone Jap and I'm not going back :)

(well it almost works)

Bodhi

Why are you banned Bods?

Let's just say I was a little bit silly and a big bit unlucky. Played football, had literally two beers, got pulled on the way home, was 6mg over the limit :(

Lesson learned.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Unless I've missed something, you haven't said how much you want to pay. I'm also guessing if you're ferrying the nipper you want 4/5 doors? (so that's the Fiat 500 out, which is a shame). Give us some facts man!

Trem

Unless I've missed something, you haven't said how much you want to pay. I'm also guessing if you're ferrying the nipper you want 4/5 doors? (so that's the Fiat 500 out, which is a shame). Give us some facts man!

I adore the Fiat 500 I really do but its too much moola.

I would say £3000 tops and it doesn't have to be 5 door as the boy sits in the front with me......possibly handy to have 5 doors in about 7 months time but you haven't heard that from me ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Here's a thought for you, Seat Leon. You can get a 20V Cupra for that kind of money; good as a Golf GTI to drive (it is a GOLF GTI basically), 5 doors, a shitload less money.

Bodhi

Here's a thought for you, Seat Leon. You can get a 20V Cupra for that kind of money; good as a Golf GTI to drive (it is a GOLF GTI basically), 5 doors, a shitload less money.

Well yeah, but saying something is as good to drive as a Golf GTI of that generation is like saying something is as reliable as an Xbox 360? I'd say one of

Punto HGT
BMW 328i Sport
Pug 306 GTI-6
106 GTi
Fiat Coop 20v Turbo
Alfa GTV6
Golf GTI 16v / VR6 (MK3)

Of all of them, I'd probably go for the 328i to be honest. It's the only one that isn't wrong wheel drive for starters.

Trem

I do love those cars and the mid range is special, hmmm I shall sniff around today at some I think. Wonder what insurance group they are, I am 3 points away from Bodhis pony :p

Well yeah, but saying something is as good to drive as a Golf GTI of that generation is like saying something is as reliable as an Xbox 360? I'd say one of

Punto HGT
BMW 328i Sport
Pug 306 GTI-6
106 GTi
Fiat Coop 20v Turbo
Alfa GTV6
Golf GTI 16v / VR6 (MK3)

Of all of them, I'd probably go for the 328i to be honest. It's the only one that isn't wrong wheel drive for starters.

The 328 is a pile of shit though luv, wouldn't pull my hat off and would be shocking on fuel.

Pug = NO! :eek:
Alfa GTV6 = *fap* but how bad would that be on fuel but even so *fap*
I would have a mark 2 Golf GTi 16v if I could find a good one, had one years ago and it was great.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So far on the whole you guys have been about as much help as a bra in Ethiopia :eek:

just rip the seat out, shove a beanbag in there and presto.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom