CANCELLED: Server Invasion...details within

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Most likely, so they are gonna ban the poor guy who joined the BG first? :p (Cuz' the raid leader will insta leave and rejoin ofc xD)

Mey

Part of the furniture
I like the second idea a lot, Imagine the shame of the French yielding to the Germans and then the English beating back the German’s “For Arthur!” o wait.. Nevermind.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Adianna said:
Okay, here what Sterntaler (German GM) posted on 4players boards:

http://daoc-guide.4players.de/forums/showpost.php?p=155124&postcount=36

Trying my best in translating it, so here it comes:

We have talked to him in the meantime and asked him to cancel the invasion.

That has nothing to do with any nationality conflicts. It would just be unfair to all the regular Avalon players who couldn't port to the frontier zones anymore because all the "/level 20" zerglings would block it.

We made a counter proposal:

All players start with /level 20 characters on "Cumbria":
- all UK players will play Albion (of course)
- all German players will play Midgard (suits best) and
- all French players will play Hibernia (if they have the courage)

and then let's rock. ;)

This is under discussion, had hoped it hadn't been made public yet.

I'll sort out with GMs and let people know.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
ye thats a pretty good translation of it..
and wats wit the german GMs QQin and telling peeps go do it on a diff server tbh, so they dont have to work more and the GMs on "cumbria" gtg into overdrive...pfft! :twak:

and wat about making a CG instead of a bg ehh ?? :p ...no ring leader then!

Tilda

Mey said:
I like the second idea a lot, Imagine the shame of the French yielding to the Germans and then the English beating back the German’s “For Arthur!” o wait.. Nevermind.
If its national conflict our cry should be "For TONY!!"

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I say we all make a shaman/cabalist/eldritch and spam aoe disease on each other....first one to be sick loses!

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

That sucks... I neither want to cry "Für Angie!" or "Für Merkel!".... and not even "Für Gerhard!" :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tilda said:

Haha i may join the german team just so i can shout "For Hoff"

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
So in short.

German GM's want to keep their server from crashing and ask Eggy to cancel it. Eggy then boos and hisses them and everybody jumps on the booing and hissing bandwagon.

How the fuck can it be "wrong" or "bad sport" for GM's to ask people not to crash the busiest daoc server in Europe?

For the love of god the German GM's even come with a counter proposal which will be just as much fun and less destructive to the fun of the players on that server.

And people still whine :p

Talk about "bad sports"

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
pfft..u always have more fun wen u get in trouble or destroy sumthing..guess thats y :fluffle:

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Eggy did the GMs say ur ban wuld be normal 3days/1month or straight up perma no matter wat ur ban history is ? :touch:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
(invisibletank) said:
and wats wit the german GMs QQin and telling peeps go do it on a diff server tbh, so they dont have to work more and the GMs on "cumbria" gtg into overdrive...pfft! :twak:
Maybe because Cumbria is the underpopulated Spanish server with an average of 75 online players and thus has the spare capacity to handle a huge server invasion? :rolleyes: (More details here.)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
average of 75..well wats the point in thuerg spamming so.. ? if there are 2 peeps to kill in rvr ?:eek7:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
(invisibletank) said:
average of 75..well wats the point in thuerg spamming so.. ? if there are 2 peeps to kill in rvr ?:eek7:

I see you missed the whole german players on the mid side, french players on hte hib side.

We'll be _so_ outnumbered incidentally :) given how many german/french players there are compared to english server numbers.

Gamah

Banned
if it was true "English" vs French * German then we would have about 100 players..seen as most of the English server is made up of vikings.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
surely the swedes/danes will join us brits as we have the best language in the worrlldddd!!!!!!!! *ego gets so big head falls off*

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
surely the swedes/danes will join us brits as we have the best language in the worrlldddd!!!!!!!! *ego gets so big head falls off*

Go and ask J.R.R. Tolkien about that. :p

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Back on the US servers about 30 people from Albion rolled /level 20tied Bonedancers on another server (old frontiers.) Went to Thidranki, had one skald bait the albs out of APK then zerged them with an Army of Darkness style fleet of undead. No crashes, little lag and no bans...

Different attitude of GM's between here and US, or different (better) servers... who knows.

Erulin the Bloody

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Erulin said:
Back on the US servers about 30 people from Albion rolled /level 20tied Bonedancers on another server (old frontiers.) Went to Thidranki, had one skald bait the albs out of APK then zerged them with an Army of Darkness style fleet of undead. No crashes, little lag and no bans...

Different attitude of GM's between here and US, or different (better) servers... who knows.

Erulin the Bloody

there's a diffrence between 30 bonedancers in thid and 200+ theurgists in agramon ;)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
The problem aren't 30 bonedancers... the problem are over 100 pet spamming classes. ;)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
30 people is nothing compared to the hundreds you'd get from a server invasion planned here on FreddysHouse.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ah so it ok for Germans to invade our server with ani's when there was no cap on shrooms and actually atttempted to crash it (Im quite sure that they said this was their aim) however moment english servers wand to go to a german server for a laugh with no intent of crashing it they threaten bans.... as such get out the logs and ban the Germans who ran in the old frontier and ruined prydwen rvr for a night!

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
lol, over 200 ? Each spamming pets ? Oke, that's different. Would be nice to see though. Could maybe start with a smaller number or ask the GM's what number would be acceptable ? :)

Erulin the Bloody

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Ah so it ok for Germans to invade our server with ani's when there was no cap on shrooms and actually atttempted to crash it (Im quite sure that they said this was their aim) however moment english servers wand to go to a german server for a laugh with no intent of crashing it they threaten bans.... as such get out the logs and ban the Germans who ran in the old frontier and ruined prydwen rvr for a night!

You can't ban those people twice... what more do you want to do to a permanently banned account?

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
<what more do you want to do to a permanently banned account?>

To quote John Cleese : Ohhh, skin im alive :)

Erulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom