Can i use my european game on the american servers?

MrCeill

Fledgling Freddie
Hello.

Basically as the title says. I want to join a friend on the american servers, but would rather not have to buy the whole 3 expansions again just to do so, is there any way?

Thank you.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you'd need to do somthing (I can't remember exactly what) to the Update.dat file but it is possible to "switch" to the US servers with copies of the EU client.

However, you'd need to buy American copies of the clients because european accounts/CD-Keys won't work on the US servers.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
The game it self you can use by just patching to the US game by changeing the info in update.dat (as someone else already mentioned).
But when it comes to playing the game you will need a US account, by either buying flesh copys of the game or to buy an account on the cheap from ebay or summat( dont think Mythic take the same stance as GoA do on account tradeing.. i.e they dont realy care).

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
u can use S.I and Classic on USA servers but afaik u need American TOA (i got one i migh part with (usa toa that is)

but as mentioned above u need NEW cd keys to make a new acc. if your friend has a 2nd acc for you then u will have no problemm at all making the transition as long as u edit the update.dat correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom