Call of Duty Demo - Now on the FTP

R

reubs

Originally posted by Wij
Was ok. Not that impressed.

There's always one :rolleyes: Admit it, you're only saying that because you think it makes you look kewl and interesting.

D

Deadmanwalking

I have same prob as Adams.

Athlon 3000+, 512mb 3200 ddr and a radeon 9800 pro.

Runs like shit even on 800x600 with everything turned down.

W

Will

Yet my XP 2000+, GF4 Ti4600, and 512MB of slower RAM runs it wonderfully at 1024*768 with Quincunx (damn that mode sounds dodgy) anti-aliasing.

Shows its not release code yet, I guess.

D

Deadmanwalking

Prob not to friendly to Radeon cards :(

O

old.milou

On another board, someone's posted this, for what it's worth:

I have been looking at the pk3 files and think I found the MP modes, maps and weapons. These may change though in the real game.

Multiplayer Game Modes:

Behind Enemy Lines
DM
Retreval
Search & Destroy
TDM

Multiplayer Weapons:

US
1. M1A1 Carbine
2. M1 Garand
3. Thompson
4. BAR
5. Springfield
UK
1. Lee-Enfield
2. Sten
3. Bren LMG
4. Springfield
Ru
1. Mosin-Nagant
2. PPSh
3. Scoped Mosin-Nagant
Ger
1. Kar98k
2. MP40
3. MP44
4. Scoped Kar98k

(this list was taken from the mp game menu script)

All weapons (in sp non-fixed)

BAR
Bren LMG
FG42
Kar98k (scoped and unscoped)
Lee-Enfield
Luger
M1A1 Carbine
M1 Garand"
Mosin-Nagant (scoped and unscoped)
MP40
MP44
PPSh
Springfield
Sten
Thompson

M2 Frag Grenade
MK1 Frag Grenade
RGD-33 Stick Grenade
Stielhandgranate
Panzerfaust 60

Maps (sp and mp)

airfield
berlin
brecourt
car ride
chatau
dam
dawnville
factory
huntgen
pathfinder
pagasus day
pagasus night
pow camp
red square
rocket
sewer
ship
tank drive country
tank drive town
trainstation
truck drave

This took about 10 mins to find so I haven't spent long on it and may have missed a few things. Nb all of this is of course unconfirmed its just from me ripping appart the pk3 files in the demo

W

Will

Might be something to do with drivers and the 9800 Pro, since only that card has reported any problems.

W

Will

I don't lie...I'm sure you have the most recent drivers though, while DMW might not. Why not compare versions.;)

W

Wij

Originally posted by reubs
There's always one :rolleyes: Admit it, you're only saying that because you think it makes you look kewl and interesting.

Nah - watch your teammates for about 3 seconds and it's painfully obvious that they are thick, pointless, endlessly respawning fodder. You could lie down and sleep in half the map, harldy engenders a feeling of danger. Nothing new here.

L

leggy

I find it easier to accept that Margaret Thatcher was a good PM

W

Wij

Originally posted by leggy
I find it easier to accept that Margaret Thatcher was a good PM

Whatever floats yar boat lubber !

D

Darkov

Pfft, I don't care if the AI isn't THAT amazing, simple fact that you get some great street fights is still better than bloody MOHAA. And MOHRS won't even have bloody cities.. pansy Americans playing in the sand and tropical islands :(

S

silverthorn

Man, I just downloaded it late last night and it had me gripped...

It's the first FPS I've played in a long time where you ain't one man against a million to save the world :D

C'mon Wij, unclench man and join in the reverie of it all :wij:

;)

Q

Quige

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Well she owns Tony 'Smile' Blair.. :p

Surely only someone who didn't live through the Thatcher years could say such a thing. Tony may be a bit creepy god lover, but even so he is a far far better alternative to the old evil bitch (imho). I count the days until she goes .... people often die close to the deaths of their partners ... with Denis gone it can only be a matter of time :)

D

Darkov

If the man dies first the woman usually lives quite a few years, if the woman dies first the man usually dies within a year.

:(

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Quige
Surely only someone who didn't live through the Thatcher years could say such a thing. Tony may be a bit creepy god lover, but even so he is a far far better alternative to the old evil bitch (imho). I count the days until she goes .... people often die close to the deaths of their partners ... with Denis gone it can only be a matter of time :)

"Ooh, a little bit of politics there, Ladies & Gentlemen" (pushes up jacket sleeves in an eighties stylee). Thatch was a necessary evil - painful but the alternatives were worse.

T

TedTheDog

Originally posted by DaGaffer
[BThatch was a necessary evil - painful but the alternatives were worse. [/B]

In the same way amputation cures the common cold.

T

Testin da Cable

only if it's the head that gets....oh I see now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom