Call of Duty Demo - Now on the FTP

P

Pakman

Except some of the same people who worked on MOH are doing this.

Q

Quige

Originally posted by Embattle
No, CoD is nothing to do with EA or MOH.

You could be forgiven for thinking so from the screens tho'- it's lusher and even more detailed, but there's an immediate familiarity to playing it, and that same Omaha Beach chaos and moments of panic.

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Its made by Infinity Ward - 22 of the guys who made MOH in the first place.

T

throdgrain

It is a bit moh-like , but maybe thats the q3 thing more than owt else :)
I like it btw :)

E

Embattle

I think it hides the Q3 engine well, which for me is important.

C

Cdr

Althon XP3000+, 1gb RAM, Radeon 9700

Run it at 1600x1200, everything I can turn upto max in the in-game options I have done - runs no probs at all.

Very good game.

I liked the atmosphere, the anti-aircraft tracers firing up in the air, the paratroopers comming down - its very funkeh.

The full game should be a corker

T

Teh Krypt

What other games... that are out are like this? :)

A

adams901

Full graphics @ 1600x1200 = jumpy :(.

Thats on a
P4 2.8 (800MHz)
1GB Ram
Radeon 9700 pro

L

leggy

Originally posted by Embattle
I think it hides the Q3 engine well, which for me is important.

I agree

Too many games using the engine are close to being clones of each other. Aesthetically that is.

W

Wij

MOH was SHIT single-player and sadly underrated multiplayer. Weird eh ?

Downloading now anyway...

S

Summo

Why do you bother, Wij? You always whinge about 'realistic' shooter games, anyway.

Play Quakeworld again, fella.

W

Wij

If there were any casual players left I would. Logging on to play against some obsessive who hasn't seen daylight since his school gave up trying to find him and knows DM4 better than his own back yard could be a slightly depressing experience for a tender-spirited Wij though :(

X

Xtro

Just played it, lovely. Most pissed off that I couldn't go and snap up the full copy straight off.

S

Summo

A short demo, but very nice indeed. I like the new prone position and the whole things plays nicely. I see they're following the Band of Brothers plot as they largely did with Spearhead, but that's a great series to base a game on, so why not.

I shall be purchasing this.

W

Will

Looks good. I do like my realistic teamplay games. *cough* Op Flash plug *cough*

I shall download and try tonight. Unless Viet Cong has finally turned up on my doormat.

Q

Quige

spot on review imo .... made me want to turn the stereo up loud & go play it again.
I think I will :)

Interesting that part about the Germans keeping coming until you move forward and take a position .... I thought that was what was happening. Does the same thing happen with your squad? Bods die but you always seem to end with the same amount.

E

Embattle

I didn't realise that, although most of the time I rushed em :)

D

Darkov

I'm pretty sure each time I finished with the same number of teammates, but I could've sworn I started with more. I guess it's regulated to ensure you can always do the mission, and you don't finish a sole survivour.

Very impressed with the performance, I'm running Gefo4 PCI card and most things are terrible on it, anything on the Q3 engine generally slows down with a lot of characters on screen, the few exceptions are Raven games and now this, which just flew along all the time.

So.. when do we get an MP demo and a forum on here for the game? :)

Q

Quige

Originally posted by Xtro
Just played it, lovely. Most pissed off that I couldn't go and snap up the full copy straight off.

Ditto ... it would fill the time until HL2 nicely :D

Maybe I'll buy Chaser after all ... I noticed that my local Game was saying November for ETA on HL2, tho' I still keep seeing online quotes "still on for the end of September" in other places.

D

Darkov

Heh, HO made an error.. the November thing was wrong, as of Friday morning the date should've changed back to September, although no specific day in September.

Unless they got an email this morning.. tis my day off so wouldn't know then.

B

bigfoot

Hmm, played it last night, although it was quite good and enjoyable I actually thought it looked poorer than MoH.

M

Moving Target

I thought it had a more realistic look than MoH.

J

Jonny_Darko

Fan-bloody-tastic. This is the most promising FPS I've played in years. (OK, haven't played HL2 yet but...)

The AI and atmosphere impressed me especially, and the illusion of free-roaming has been done extremely well.

E

Embattle

Only thing I'm worried about is how well it will work in multiplayer mode :eek:

X

Xtro

Damn. Played it again - many times. I want this game.

W

Will

Installed this last night...bah, I want the full game now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom