Football Bye Bye Ronaldo :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
No, he isn't. He's very vocal about Real Madrid's spending, and he came out AGAIN today criticising it. I'm sorry but you're being totally blind to the things he's saying and ignoring anything that isn't aimed at the English.

And it's nothing to do with him. It's everything to do with wages and climate. Over here the top earning tax is 50% but in Spain it's something like 20%, which is a FUCKLOAD of money at the rates they receive.

I hate Platini an enormous amount, but you're beginning (like many others) to talk utter, utter shit about him.

OR you read it totally wrong and misread my tongue-in-cheek way of having a go at him.

Besides, gifv links to him slagging off Real Madrid please I for one haven't read anything along those lines.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Because the british sporting press ignore it Trem. He was vocal about Ronaldo's transfer, and Kaka's. I'm sure he will have something to say about Benzema's as well -whether is gets translated or reported here is a different matter.

Trem

Because the british sporting press ignore it Trem. He was vocal about Ronaldo's transfer, and Kaka's. I'm sure he will have something to say about Benzema's as well -whether is gets translated or reported here is a different matter.

I honestly think he will ignore the Benzema transfer because it was sorted by a Frenchman for a Frenchman.

We will see.

I think real are gonna fuck up again this year, after all this money spent I still think they will win fuck all.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
prolly the only defensive player they are after is the one at pool, which prolly mean ramos shifting to. they should be splashing the cash for 2 rock solid central defender. when they had zidane, backham, figo etc they all spent most of the time bitching putting byaern munich's "fc hollywood" years to shame

Marc

FH is my second home
Whoever said the highest tax rate in spain is 20% is misinformed.

It is 43%

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OR you read it totally wrong and misread my tongue-in-cheek way of having a go at him.

Besides, gifv links to him slagging off Real Madrid please I for one haven't read anything along those lines.

Michel Platini Slams Real Madrid's 'Excessive' Pursuit Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Goal.com

From 11 June.

Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid Transfer: Manchester United Accept World Record Offer For Forward | UK News | Sky News

From 12 June.

Platini criticizes high transfer fees

Yesterday.

Sky Sports | Football | Primera Division | Real Madrid | Platini embarrassed by fees

Yesterday.

And my thanks go to DaGaffer for not making me dig up another link to prove some ill-informed person wrong ;)

Trem

Yes well done on proving me wrong in something I was not serious about. Besides lets see him complain if the money isn't going to an English team, yes he will moan a little but won't shout it from the roof-tops if Ribery goes to Real.

For example he slightly moans about the Kaka transfer but makes a bigger issue of the Ronaldo one

Ronaldo's transfer stood out for me, but if Real have guarantees from the banks...On a personal note, I don't understand how anyone can spend 90million (Euros) on a player. I'm embarrassed," he told L'Equipe.

Oh and by the way all the links you posted are the same story ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He talks about all of them, but those (english) articles only focus on his quotes about Ronaldo.

He has moaned about all the transfers -this is the man who believes clubs should not operate in debt, that clubs should have salary caps, that players under a certain age should not be the subject of transfers between clubs. His aim maybe selfish -because it will benefit leagues such as the French league, but not all his suggestions are bullshit. If you have a club like Madrid that can get (a reported) £800million credit line from the banks, then you have a very uneven playing field.

Honestly Trem, I hate it when he bangs on an on about English teams -but that is mainly because Italian and Spanish teams have no been as rich or successful recently -or subject to as many foreign takeovers.

Trem

Honestly Trem, I hate it when he bangs on an on about English teams -but that is mainly because Italian and Spanish teams have no been as rich or successful recently -or subject to as many foreign takeovers.

Well why all of a sudden is the Spanish league so rich again? Mind you it does only seem Real are you rich kids atm.

It is honestly starting to feel like back in the day when the English teams simply couldn't get any of the big name players and we were battered everytime we played Italian/Spanish clubs.

It all seemed to get better when (the quite simply awesome) Jurgen Klinsmen(sp) gave Spurs a cameo season (or 2 can't remember) at the end of his career. That seemed to open the floodgates for foreign players to want to play here.

You know who I support and you know who I bloody hate but when it comes to Europe I support English teams so seeing how its going is quite upsetting. I would want nothing more than for Utd or Chelsea to win the Euro cup next season but at this rate they don't stand a chance.

Having said the above all the players Real have now don't make a team, imagine the amount of ego's the manager has to contend with.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Stop being all doom and gloom, 4 world class players to madrid does not mean a crisis for English football? Italy and Germany have it much worse, we have a huge amount of world class talent already in this league -and more to come, the transfer window is not over.

Winning in Europe is about playing well as a team, not having the best of the best players. I still think Barca will whoop Madrid next season -they play so well together, Madrid will need a while to gel.

The spanish league is not rich - Madrid as always get huge loans, Barca need to sell to buy, and everyone else is in shit loads of debt. The Italian league still has not recovered from the scandals of past seasons, and they have effectively killed grass roots football with a lack of funds and no tv deal for anyone bar serie a.

Think of where Leeds would be if Platini's rules for club finances were in place 10 years ago? Salary caps, not spending above your means.

Trem

Think of where Leeds would be if Platini's rules for club finances were in place 10 years ago? Salary caps, not spending above your means.

Bloody good point actually.

I just wish Platini gave the impression that he cared about English issues as much as he does about the other countries. I would love to find a picture of his face handing over the Champions League cup to Man Utd and compare it to one when he was giving the cup to Barca this year. It was sickening on a Gordon Brown type level as to the glee on his face because Utd lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom