Football Bye Bye Ronaldo :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ofc they could replace him, Ferguson has a habit of getting the best out of what he has, with 75 odd million to play with UTD would be even more scary.

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like its taken a slight twist with Sepp Blatter putting his nose in.

Sounds somewhat contradictory to me though what he has said... You sign a contract, yet you should have the freedom to move to other clubs?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Blatter is moaning that clubs have used long contracts to get around the Bosman ruling. He really needs to take a good long look at football, he seems to think clubs have power over players. Can you imagine football if players were even more powerful than they were now and contracts meant even less?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
ofc they could replace him, Ferguson has a habit of getting the best out of what he has.

I sooo disagree with this.

Rooney is now awful, good as a midfield player but that isn't his job, Carrick is now also a shadow of his former self when he was at Spurs.

To me Ferguson has a habit of forcing players to do what they don't want.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
I sooo disagree with this.

Rooney is now awful, good as a midfield player but that isn't his job, Carrick is now also a shadow of his former self when he was at Spurs.

To me Ferguson has a habit of forcing players to do what they don't want.

What? Carrick is significantly better than when he was at Spurs, sadly :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Blatter's agenda is nothing to do with players being "slaves" (on 100 grand a week. Idiot) and everything to do with his desire to curb the dominance of English clubs in Europe. The man is best buddies with Ramon Calderon and an honorary Real Madrid club member ffs! Interestingly, he also directly contradicts his own comments about excessive player power that he only made about six months ago. Ronaldo signed a five year contract of his own free will, no "slavery" involved. If he wants to go, he should put himself on the transfer list, but of course he knows that could hurt him financially.

I actually want Ronaldo to go, but in a way I'd prefer it if he went to anyone but Real, but that's not going to happen so United should just hammer Real for every penny they've got.

Trem

What? Carrick is significantly better than when he was at Spurs, sadly :(

You really think so?

He was a delight to watch at Spurs and now he is just a nobody, all imho of course.

Blatter's agenda is nothing to do with players being "slaves" (on 100 grand a week. Idiot) and everything to do with his desire to curb the dominance of English clubs in Europe. The man is best buddies with Ramon Calderon and an honorary Real Madrid club member ffs! Interestingly, he also directly contradicts his own comments about excessive player power that he only made about six months ago. Ronaldo signed a five year contract of his own free will, no "slavery" involved. If he wants to go, he should put himself on the transfer list, but of course he knows that could hurt him financially.

I actually want Ronaldo to go, but in a way I'd prefer it if he went to anyone but Real, but that's not going to happen so United should just hammer Real for every penny they've got.

Yeah its funny isn't it?

Funny how Platini and Blatter are getting involved in this but they say nothing about the Italian clubs and Spanish clubs when it is the other way around.

I know it won't happen but I would love Ronaldo to sit on the bench forever now, I know there is a ruling where players have to play so many games or they can leave but I would just play him in the cup matches or against Stoke, Hull and West Brom.

Marc

FH is my second home
if you listen to the real united fans, ie, those that actually go to every game, they will tell you that Rooney was one of their most important players last season along with Tevez. This was all before Ronaldo wanted to leave. I dont know how they came up with their conclusions, but I will go with it because they watch the game week in week out, not just some bit part highlights on match of the day.

As for Blatter, well LOL. Up yours united. Hes right imo. United cant have it both ways, like when they tapped up Rooney or when they made Horse head, Beckham and Stam leave. Now the shoe is on the other foot they go cry to FIFA. lol. No wonder FIFA told united to go fuck themselves.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Funny how Platini and Blatter are getting involved in this but they say nothing about the Italian clubs and Spanish clubs when it is the other way around.

Thankfully UEFA have actually realised that siding with Blatters comments this time is just supid.

DaGaffer

BBC SPORT | Football | Europe | Real Madrid close in on Benzema one of fergies targets is headed to real as well, think all united fans wanted benzema, i certainly did

Yeah, bad news. I'm particularly annoyed as the fuckwit radio station I was listening to in the car on the way home said United were looking likely to buy him! Get home and find the deal was announced online at 3 o'clock (I was driving home at 6). Fucking idiots.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
according to some united were offering 35 rising to 40 but seems zidane talked him into joing real. fergie and united took too long tbh, soon as ronaldo was they shoulda got him

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I don't think it would have made a difference, Zidane has been grooming Benzema for Real for years now. Let's face it, Benzema is blatantly Zidane's illegitimate son.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
but moneywise it makes sense.

thats unfortunately all there is in football now. you don't see all those great players playing football for the sake of playing football. they do it purely for the money. sure they wont backtrack in the leagues to far no matter how much money the wannabie buyer has, but still.

i'm actually more fond of the low league football tbh. mostly they play for the joy of playing and nothing else.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
thats unfortunately all there is in football now. you don't see all those great players playing football for the sake of playing football. they do it purely for the money. sure they wont backtrack in the leagues to far no matter how much money the wannabie buyer has, but still.

i'm actually more fond of the low league football tbh. mostly they play for the joy of playing and nothing else.

Hold on now -Ronaldo and united have made a fortune from this deal, but he has always said, consistently, that it is his dream to play for Madrid (as much as that hurts to admit). He grew up as a child watching them. Kaka refused Man City (more money for himself and Milan) for footballing reasons. There are a lot of players that move or don't move for the sake of football, however all footballers are working - very few people will do a job or sport solely for the love of it, what the earn will be a very important factor in their decision.

Trem

Its starting to look like the big players don't want to join the English clubs anymore. Not very many big signings yet and they all seem to either want to stay where they are or are going to Real and Barca.

Strange really and you just know I will blame Platini for it, like he has some secret agenda and threatens the players if they were to join an English club. Hes keeping his fucking mouth shut now all the players are going to Spain isn't he?

DaGaffer

Hold on now -Ronaldo and united have made a fortune from this deal, but he has always said, consistently, that it is his dream to play for Madrid (as much as that hurts to admit). He grew up as a child watching them. Kaka refused Man City (more money for himself and Milan) for footballing reasons. There are a lot of players that move or don't move for the sake of football, however all footballers are working - very few people will do a job or sport solely for the love of it, what the earn will be a very important factor in their decision.

Going to be interesting to see how that Real team gels. The petty side of me wants to see Barca stuff them again in their first encounter.

More importantly, I wonder where United go now? Aguero, maybe, but the problem with buying players from Spain, as citeh are finding, is the wage bill is enormous because they want to negotiate on after-tax earnings (weak pound and low tax for sports stars in Spain). Having said that, a striker from Spain is most likely and I also think we should look at Sneijder as a proper Scholes replacement.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's swings and roundabouts, Spanish football suffered for a few years as the Premier League rose, and no doubt will again, but also the climate and more technical, flowing football is a draw for some players -not every player wants to adapt and play the english game.

Gaffer - I still have faith in Anderson to replace Scholes, but I was upset we missed out on Ramsey last summer -he has been good for Arsenal for such a young player. I'm very wary of the price tags on all the strikers at the moment, Aguero, Villa and Benzema are all way to much. I think Silva would be a wise move for use, but past that I am struggling to see who we could get without taking a risk or spending way over the odds.

DaGaffer

It's swings and roundabouts, Spanish football suffered for a few years as the Premier League rose, and no doubt will again, but also the climate and more technical, flowing football is a draw for some players -not every player wants to adapt and play the english game.

Problem with Spanish football is that its effectively becoming the "Big Two". Seville and Valencia are skint, so there's even less competition between the haves and have-nots than there is in the prem, where it looks like we'll probably have a genuine "big five" this year. Best football in Europe (for fans) is Germany at the moment, real competition all over the league.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That is actually our own fault though, read a great blog on teh beeb about him. He was one of the best attacking midfielders as a youth, scoring freely. We have molded him into a defensive player to improve his all round game, we just need to remind him of the attacking side again.

Trem

I like Anderson now, I thought he was a pile of turd at the beginning but he impressed me in the games I saw last season. Him getting better is fuck all to do with Ferguson though :p

Don't forget Hargreaves as well........if he ever plays again with his legs made out of twigs and dry cereal.

DaGaffer

I like Anderson now, I thought he was a pile of turd at the beginning but he impressed me in the games I saw last season. Him getting better is fuck all to do with Ferguson though :p

Don't forget Hargreaves as well........if he ever plays again with his legs made out of twigs and dry cereal.

I'm beginning to doubt Hargreaves will ever come back, sadly. Someone of his calibre, and Fletcher not suspended, would have made all the difference in the CL final.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hargreaves is done for, it's a real shame as well, best (english) defensive midfielder going. Even if his knee recovers enough for him to play, it will only be for one or two seasons max.

Trem

I rate Hargreaves very highly as well, England have also missed him *spits on Carrick*.

It is a shame indeed, just as the world was sitting up and taking notice of him.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
it looks like we'll probably have a genuine "big five" this year.

No such thing. The only way there will be a big five is if there were Champion's League placings for five teams. The league would be much more competitive if the Champion's League was just that, a competition for the champions only.

Man City are certainly being linked with some exciting names but it will be hard to make the team gel and does Hughes have the nouse or the wits to make it work? I'm thinking not.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well you could say this years gonna be important for both wellbeck and macheda. for reserves and youth sides both have a york/cole type of understanding. and theres also tosic

Yaka

Part of the furniture
That is actually our own fault though, read a great blog on teh beeb about him. He was one of the best attacking midfielders as a youth, scoring freely. We have molded him into a defensive player to improve his all round game, we just need to remind him of the attacking side again.

same thing could be said of fletcher when he was younger, hed zip about here and there and score goals, injurys fucked him over.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Its starting to look like the big players don't want to join the English clubs anymore. Not very many big signings yet and they all seem to either want to stay where they are or are going to Real and Barca.

Strange really and you just know I will blame Platini for it, like he has some secret agenda and threatens the players if they were to join an English club. Hes keeping his fucking mouth shut now all the players are going to Spain isn't he?

No, he isn't. He's very vocal about Real Madrid's spending, and he came out AGAIN today criticising it. I'm sorry but you're being totally blind to the things he's saying and ignoring anything that isn't aimed at the English.

And it's nothing to do with him. It's everything to do with wages and climate. Over here the top earning tax is 50% but in Spain it's something like 20%, which is a FUCKLOAD of money at the rates they receive.

I hate Platini an enormous amount, but you're beginning (like many others) to talk utter, utter shit about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom