Football Bye Bye Ronaldo :)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
IMO He should of come out a couple of weeks ago and said he was staying. Same thing happend with ZZ and Fatty Ronaldo. They didnt quash any of the news, two weeks before the new La Liga season and they were Real Players

bbc linky

Aada

Part of the furniture
IMO He should of come out a couple of weeks ago and said he was staying. Same thing happend with ZZ and Fatty Ronaldo. They didnt quash any of the news, two weeks before the new La Liga season and they were Real Players

bbc linky

Sounds like you are happy he is going because he won't destroy every team in the PL again next season?

Personally if he left the PL it would be a great loss to English football as he is about the only player who can really get you excited when you watch him.

Then again i really cannot blame him for wanting to go to Spain and play in a more technical league where you are not constantly under the threat of having your legs broken for doing a trick or two.

It is actually quite amazing that he hasn't had a horrific injury in his time in the PL.

If he wants to go then United should sell only if Madrid will give £80 million that way they could go about signing a quality replacement.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If Real really want to stump up 98M euros then Fergie should bite their hand off; if, as I've heard, they're talking about some kind of £20m a year installment plan, he should tell them to fuck off. I'm really not sure how Real can afford this; financially they turn over less than United at the moment (thanks to all that CL winners windfall money).

If they do stump up the money then I don't think the Glazers would give Ferg the whole lot for new players, but even if they gave him half that would get them a Benzema and a world class RB (not Alves unfortunately, he's just signed for Barca).

Personally though, I think Ronaldo's being fucking stupid; Real is a quagmire of politics, primadonnas and in-fighting, even on the pitch (look what happened to Owen). I think he wants it so he can say he's the most expensive player in the world; but the reality of being a Real player is a bit different to the image, as Beckham would attest (and he's also told Ronnie he shouldn't go to Real yet). Finally a lot of senior Real players are questioning the logic of spending so much money on one player; not a good sign, especially for a team that's so unharmonious at the best of times.

If he does go for 98m euros, the only winner in all this will be United (and Ronaldo's agent).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
... I'm really not sure how Real can afford this...

Since when have Real Madrid bought on the basis of what they can afford? They're one of the most financially bent teams in history, getting heuwge debts written off regularly.

I'm betting the deal's been done ages ago and what's happening in the press now is a carefully stage-managed dance to stop the manc fans going out of their trees. Fergie will be happy because he'll get to buy two or three 20million+ players this summer.

For me, it's the one thing that's pleasing me in the news at the moment - I don't think that the dirty Mancs continued presence anywhere other than just hovering above the relegation zone pleases anyone outside of London ;)

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
It would be poor for the PL I egree but people will finally see how boring the PL is now!

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is actually quite amazing that he hasn't had a horrific injury in his time in the PL.

The reason he hasn't suffered an injury is because he tends to fall over before anyone manages to touch him, a nasty trait that has appeared in our league more and more.

A lot of what is floating about is rumours and partial truths but either way the fact is he may be a good player but loosing him wouldn't be a massive issue for Man U and certainly wouldn't be the end of PL in any way.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
The reason he hasn't suffered an injury is because he tends to fall over before anyone manages to touch him, a nasty trait that has appeared in our league more and more.

A lot of what is floating about is rumours and partial truths but either way the fact is he may be a good player but loosing him wouldn't be a massive issue for Man U and certainly wouldn't be the end of PL in any way.

I do think that has come out of his game. Gerrard is a for worse offender of that and nothing gets said at all about that because hes Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wanker:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Most players would say that they would love to play for Madrid.

I will be very surprised if Utd let him go.

75M is a shit figure for him. His image rights over the next few years will surpass that.

With his goals this season he has made Utd more cash than that this season.

His mother needs to be snipered.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
? Is he going now?

Nope, not yet at least.

As a United fan, it would be gutting to see him go, but after making comments like this, it is impossible to see how his relationship with Fergie could continue. Memories of Beckham, who to be honest I diddn't mind seeing going, and his conflict with Fergie spring to mind.

Should be interesting to see what happens next season if he does go.

And Ronaldo is, in my opinion, one of the brightest, talented and charasmatic footballers in top-flight football. If we do sell him, we better recieve enough money to gold-plate every available surface in Old Trafford.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I do think that has come out of his game. Gerrard is a for worse offender of that and nothing gets said at all about that because hes Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wanker:

Tee hee. Gerrard a bigger diver than Ronaldo! You'll be saying Didier Drogba isn't a stroppy twat next...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is the usual pre contract renewal rumour mill in action, it increases the players time in the spotlight and increases his wage packet. He won't be going to Spain which is one of the most boring leagues on the planet. Why on earth would anyone drop a division (in class) and do that?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Tee hee. Gerrard a bigger diver than Ronaldo! You'll be saying Didier Drogba isn't a stroppy twat next...

Its a fact for those who dont wear the red googles :p

Drogba is misunderstood too

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Why shouldn't he go? He's achieved two Premiership titles and a Champions League winners medal with Utd - why not go and try and take on a new challenge elsewhere?

Apart from the odd exception, footballers are THAT loyal to their club these days.

Anyway, I'm not exactly shedding a tear for Utd ... they did the same to Everton with Rooney ... swings and roundabouts.

rynnor

Rockhound
Since when have Real Madrid bought on the basis of what they can afford? They're one of the most financially bent teams in history, getting heuwge debts written off regularly.

They get repeatedly bailed out by the Spanish government in an anti-competitive way which is illegal by EU law but hey :p

rynnor

Rockhound
don't these people have binding contracts?

Yes but Ronaldo's not talking about breaching his contract - Real Madrid will buy out Man Utd assuming they can agree.

I think its kinda silly of him football wise since hes with the most sucessfull club in the worlds best league atmo - going to Real Madrid is a step down - but moneywise it makes sense.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, a lot of newspapers being sold of the back of this.

Ronaldo has forced Madrids hand. He has only said that he would like to go there if Man U get a deal that is agreeable to them. Otherwise he will carry in playing for United.

It's win win for Fergie. Huge cash windfall for lots of new players, or keep Ronaldo for another couple of seasons.

I do think Ronaldo will find it hard if he goes to Madrid for the amounts being talked about. Can you imagine the dressing room unrest if he is paid almost double his peers wages? And the pressure on him to perform? Real have created a stupid situation.

I know we all need footy gossip in the close season, but I really do think FIFA should clamp down if clubs try to poach players via the press.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes but Ronaldo's not talking about breaching his contract

That's true - but the dirty little shit is bending it as far as it will go.

He signed a new deal last year when he gave his comittment (effectively his word) to stay with the mancs for the next five years.

Wind-on 12 months and he is the main source of the current problems - because he's got no honour. His word means dick.

Real Madrid's whole business model is about bringing "world superstars" to the club - they're effectively the lifestyle-tv club of choice. It doesn't really matter if the players aren't the most effective - as long as they've got the huge crowd draw. Owen was the best goals-per-minute player in Spain during the season he played there but couldn't get a game, Beckham was past it but girls love him. They sell shirts to people who don't really give a fuck about football but love the lifestyle of these stars.

Bear that in mind Real Madrid were always going to come calling for Ronaldo. If the lad wasn't such a self-absorbed tosser he'd have done the decent thing and come out and said "I'm staying" - like he promised the Mancs last year...

...but I hope he goes. Man U wouldn't have won this season without him. :)

n00b

Loyal Freddie
f*ck cristiano
i am just glad Holland played such a great game against italy :)

:clap:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
It is the usual pre contract renewal rumour mill in action, it increases the players time in the spotlight and increases his wage packet. He won't be going to Spain which is one of the most boring leagues on the planet. Why on earth would anyone drop a division (in class) and do that?

It's not a pre-contract rumour mill, he's been in his new contract for quite a while.

I'll state that I'm a Man U fan, I'm sure I'll be told I'm biased with whatever I say then ;)

Ronaldo = £80 million. Yes please. No £50 million, no £65 million and we'll give you some hopeless turd that played well for 3 games, no £4 billion but you'll get it over the next century in instalments. A decent amount of cash and he's replaceable. He has been amazing all season for us but he has still continued to choke in big games. For that money he can and will be replaced, a good manager makes sure of it.

Sometimes people forget that Managers don't even manage, but they lead players not only in their footballing career but afterwards. Ronnie shows signs of quality on and off the park and if he leaves without a little bit more guidance from SAR he'll be, as DaGaffer says, in the quagmire of Real politics.

Think of it just from a premiership perspective - even the 'big 3' managers have chosen their players to guide - Mourinho saw Terry and Lampard in a different way to make them special, Wenger has done the same with Gallas and Henry got a lot from him before then, SAR, not accounting Beckham, even has Bruce & Hughes managing as he was their mentor when they first started in the job when there wasn't any conflict of interest. He could be a good captain for any side , he just needs the maturity, trust and leadership to get there - he won't get it at Real, which is a shame because the Portugese team would benefit from it too.

Ch3tan got it right - are the Real players going to be happy with a player being paid twice more (or in many cases 3 times or more) than they are? They'll accept it if he is brilliant every game but that is highly unlikely. British football at least doesn't sugar coat it as the continent does and tend to accept it, the 'Galacticos' (aka: *****) never do accept it.

And he took advice from Scolari? The man says, "yeah, leave the premiership, it's the right time". No shit sherlock, It's the right time for him to see Ronnie leave.

Ronaldo passing himself pillar-to-post won't do him a favour in the short term, though I agree he should go somewhere else in the next 2-3 years. So many players have managed to fuck up their careers at Real, if he wants to though, suppose you have to let him. And if 'fucking up' includes a massive pay rise, I'm sure he'll cope. :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It would be a horrid move for him. A few bad games and he will be hated, then benched. Spanish fans are far to fickle. The league is of pretty poor quality and he wouldn't have anywhere near to the supply he gets at UTD, Rooney and Teves are a massive part of why he has done so well.

UTD however would still do well without him.

Oh and no, I am not a UTD fan :)

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I am a united fan and would have accepted this with more grace if it wasn't this season (we won the league and CL, surely that would buy us a season) Also I don't really like the way he's gone about it, even RVN managed his move better, which is saying something.

Also it seems the knives are out, at united, for ronaldo..
Why United should let this ego walk off to Madrid | Sport | guardian.co.uk

So, yes, I say we milk Real for all the money we can.

/Edit Ronaldo, apparently, has mentioned the fact that Scolari had a 'conflict of interest' and said it was fair do's and he just took the opportunity when it presented itself.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
See, I do not really mind how he has gone about it, more that Real are getting away with the same old tricks again.

Ronaldo has always said that it is his dream to play for Madrid, but he has maintained that he is happy at Utd, and that it is not up to him anyway. He can ask for a transfer, but if Utd say not this season then I do believe he will shut up and just play until next summer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yes but Ronaldo's not talking about breaching his contract - Real Madrid will buy out Man Utd assuming they can agree.

I think its kinda silly of him football wise since hes with the most sucessfull club in the worlds most watched league atmo - going to Real Madrid is a step down - but moneywise it makes sense.

Corrected.

Players can now buy out their own contracts. So it would be almost impossible to just sit him in the stands and keep him at Man Utd which has been suggested by Fergie.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
See, I do not really mind how he has gone about it, more that Real are getting away with the same old tricks again.

Ronaldo has always said that it is his dream to play for Madrid, but he has maintained that he is happy at Utd, and that it is not up to him anyway. He can ask for a transfer, but if Utd say not this season then I do believe he will shut up and just play until next summer.

I agree here. And he would be the better man for it. It would show his maturity as a professional footballer and that he works for the team, which I believe he often does.

RM have always been cnuts for tapping up players, and the fact that they get away with it year after year annoys me - they're courting their fans, but are basically, for the talent they have and the money they pay, wank. Spanish league? Fooking rubbish. And they even got his Ronaldo's mum saying how much an RM move would be a dream for him, not once, but every week for months. FIFA and UEFA should hammer them.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's "i told you so" time

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Chelsea | Robinho linked with Chelsea move "Neither Robinho nor I like the fact that Real Madrid can use him as part exchange in their bid to sign Cristiano Ronaldo," said Ribeiro.
"We don't like this attitude and we want Madrid to start valuing Robinho because at the moment they're not.
"Robinho's priority is to continue at Real Madrid, but he cannot stay in a place in which they don't recognise his talent and at the moment Real Madrid are not doing that and I'm not talking about money.
"I'm referring to the fact that they are undervaluing him in comparison to Cristiano Ronaldo."

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand him wanting to move to Portugal or Spain, his English isn't great and it's a strain to work in a country where you struggle with the language.

Thing is, he will not win as much with any other club side in Europe and Man Utd simply cannot replace him, regardless of how much they sell him for, if they sell him, because there is no-one else that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom