Bye Bye EB

• Thread starter old.CrimsonHaze
  • Start date
B

bigbb

change the current EB shop to a BarrysWorld Lan Arena then, simple pimple.

S

Summo

Originally posted by bigbb
change the current EB shop to a BarrysWorld Lan Arena then, simple pimple.

Ooh, man... Have a bar connected directly to the BW LAN. Could play each other and/or peeps on the public servers.

I hear there's a good spot in central London recently become available.

O

Ono

I have an idea!!!

[DIG]
Why don't they change the unused shop into a Video Games retail shop that sells games at competitive prices?![/DIG]

:p

M

MYstIC G

there not closing them monks, there just rebranding
UK stores will be renamed Game within the next year, allowing the firm to distance itself from a US chain carrying the same name.

W

Wij

Yeh, but if there's a GAME across the road I'd guess it's bye-bye.

M

Munkey-

This brings to mind my post the other day about the GAME and EB inside the trafford center

B

bigbb

Originally posted by MYstIC G
there not closing them monks, there just rebranding

What Wij said, they're not going to have two GAME outlets within 50meters of each other....or are they?

S

Sar

It'd make more sense financially to keep the Game store and close down the EB store in a situation like that.

I hve that in Belfast. Games on one block (to use an amaericanism), and EB is on the next block. Game's just been refurbished less than 2 months ago, so I can't see them closing.

Bye bye EB.

W

Wij

So BW's parent company won't be EB any more. They'll probably rebrand the whole company to be called GAME. The net related division might have a trendy name like "GAME n".

So, Barrysworld will be a group of GAME n.

Not much change there then :D

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by bigbb
What Wij said, they're not going to have two GAME outlets within 50meters of each other....or are they?
Well i can't say that if I had 2 stores across the street from each other, which are both profitable, that I'd close one of them down just because they were now sharing a name.

I would tell you why I keep reinforcing that point, but I doubt it'd be allowed.

C

Ch3tan

Well GAME already does the e-shop bit for EB so it wont be a massive change. In towns with both GAME and EB stores I guess it will mean a closure or relocation of one.

B

bigbb

Originally posted by Wij

Not much change there then :D

*light patronising chuckle*

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by Ch3tan
In towns with both GAME and EB stores I guess it will mean a closure or relocation of one.
"The two stores will probably stay, after all if they are both profitable and busy then removing one will be a strain on the other."

S

]SK[

EB and Game in notts used to be about 4 shops apart. EB closed and the staff went to work at Game.

C

caLLous

hmm... another salisbury lad eh?

and if the two shops are still in the places i remember them being in (EB by the poultry cross and GAME in old george mall), then they're significantly more than 50m away from each other :p

M

mankatron2001

i'm pretty sure there are both a GAME and an EB in Swindon, both fairly near each other... i never liked EB, always used GAME :/

B

bigfoot

We work for EB New Media, which i presume will become Game New Media.

K

Kempo

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Wij

Not much change there then
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

me waits a few days then decides to get it

rofl thats good :D

T

throdgrain

theres a game and a eb within 50 yrds of each other in crawley too but they both seem to be doing pretty well.i prefer game myself tho,must a spent 350 quid in there recently :(

O

old.Kez

There's always an EB a few streets from Game, its some unwritten T&C.

C

caLLous

the two shops are practically opposite each other on the high street in plymouth... but game is much better... eb's staff are a bunch of clueless cock custards (no offense to any eb staff present on the forum :p)

Users who are viewing this thread