Buy Catacombs Online, Download + CD KEY

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Just checked my emails and had the "Your pre-order is now available" one...went to the site and hey presto...I got another pre-order. Again. My desk now has teeth marks in it. :mad:

Sent an email to DLgamer - reply says new stock available in...no I won't tell you, I'm gonna make sure I'm first in the queue! :p

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
I havent got anything yet :(, hope they got cd keys enough to cover my pre order :s

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
There shouldn't be any problem Evergrey hopefully.

We will all just have to be a bit more patient, keys should be here in the afternoon and i don't mean 12H01.

xanir

Fledgling Freddie
it's almost 12:01 where's my CD key :p

on a more serious note, is the expected delivery going to be enough for all pre-orders or just some?

edit: someone needs to put FH clock forward by an hour ;p

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
xanir said:
it's almost 12:01 where's my CD key :p

on a more serious note, is the expected delivery going to be enough for all pre-orders or just some?

edit: someone needs to put FH clock forward by an hour ;p

All preorders will be covered and then some.

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Well everytime I get to the pre-order stage and it says it's availible I click the buy button and it puts me to the back of the queue, this has happened twice now. Not too good.... don't worry I emailed your 'black hole of doom' support address but I think it just trashed it as I never heard a single reply.

Ah well... back to the end of the line for me.....

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
Did you add the support adress to your green list ? did you check your junkmail bin ?

You'd be the only one not to have gotten an answer let alone twice.

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Good now I feel special.... I have a reply every time I click buy it say pre-order made or something and I get a new pre-order email to my account....a la :)
Pre Order

your order ref #XXXX has been taken into account, this product is on pre order only at the time being :

DL Catacombs UK(x1)

The program should be available on 03/30/2005.
As soon as it is available, we will send you by email all instructions to buy it.
You can join us for any questions at this adress :
order@dlgamer.com

The DLgamer Staff

You know I feel to be stuck in a never ending episode of the twilight zone :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
you get the "pre order again" if you missed the boat...

i.e. they send out an email saying "pre order available" when it's available.

Once X amount of people have got their copies (by clicking on that) it's no longer available, so it's back to a pre-order.

My advice, live inside your email inbox, twitching at any noises that sound like "new message".

Well actually no, my advice is wait for this afternoon :)

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't realise that the pre-order was a FPS and you had to be constantly spamming refresh in order to get the key... ;) I suggest their site should not say pre-order availible when it isn't ;) and if they assign you a key they should actually take it away from you after the day it says it will be availible (which was today for me before I became Mr Oncemoreatthebackofthequeue). I never get the pre-order availible email though I always have to find out by logging into the site :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
check your spam folder?

I got my first one at 5pm on friday but didn't read my email till 7pm by which time the servesr were overloaded and they'd put it back onto preorder

saw the second one at 8 or 9pm last night, don't think you had to be massively quick camping your inbox or the website ;)

preorder is just really a "let me know when it's available" hence you don't pay till you collect it (and you're well within your rights to say "nah don't want it now" plus I imagine a few people have preordered that will then forget about it and ignore it, rather they didn't keep keys for people that don't actually want them after all)

Maybe a pay for preorder system would be better for this particular situation but it'd have its own problems, plus it'd have to be implemented ;) not gonna happen by the time there's more cd keys :p

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
We decided from the get go to not have paying preorders since we didn't want people to feel tied to us and also because sometimes editors change their minds about who they give their product or when.

We felt that the flexibility of this system would be the best for gamers.
It has a lot of advantages but the main drawback is the situation we are living right now which is less product than clients with some crazzy mofos camping the site.
There isn't much we can do about it given that we will not switch to paying preorders, it's against our philosophy.

Trallisx

Loyal Freddie
Is there any ETA for the next round of Pre-orders to be released so they can be purchased? I ordered mine at around 12.30 gmt and I'm curious as to when the purchase email will be delivered to me so I can get my CD key.

Cheers

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
Trallisx said:
Is there any ETA for the next round of Pre-orders to be released so they can be purchased? I ordered mine at around 12.30 gmt and I'm curious as to when the purchase email will be delivered to me so I can get my CD key.

Cheers

I think some people have programmed bots to hit us every 10 minutes with emails asking us when the keys will be on. :p

The support is about 30% less efficient than it should be right now just from the people nagging.

But i see the end of the tunnel, it's near, very near !

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
DLgamer-oot said:
I think some people have programmed bots to hit us every 10 minutes with emails asking us when the keys will be on. :p

The support is about 30% less efficient than it should be right now just from the people nagging.

But i see the end of the tunnel, it's near, very near !

So your all expert box openers then now?

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Just ordered my copy(s) waiting for download instructions :kissit:

Sugah

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah i've noticed its gone to available but my pre order is still pending. Don't wanna bother the support department though.

DLgamer-oot

Fledgling Freddie
Download is going to be (very) slow for 10 minutes until the servers balance the load between themselves.

Do not stop downloading and restart that corrupts the files, just be patient and in 10 minutes speed will pick up.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
In reply to Sugah's/Samaroon's posts:

Well I just went on to site, saw it was available, clicked buy, gave my payment details etc, got order confirmation, and just now download instructions come through.

I ignored my previous pre-order email, just ordered it as I saw it was available. I havnt received any email regarding my previous pre-order email.

The order number im downloading with now, is different (and higher) than the order number I got when I pre-ordered.

Seems like it became available for a short while on the site before the pre-order emails have been sent out.

It still says available, so you could try and buy now (if it will let you).

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
DLgamer-oot said:
Download is going to be (very) slow for 10 minutes until the servers balance the load between themselves.
Downloading at capped speed atm :)

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Just got my pre-order available email :) ... dont need it now though. Canceled it so I dont hold up the queue :p

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Keys activated, patching (900 mb tho x 2 comps) ... also downloading installer from dlgamer. I think that's called stress testing my connection :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom