Bush junior 2nd Term!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Frizz said:
To elaborate; why do we care who wins? I know i don't. And i'm pretty sure that whoever wins, will have only the smallest of significance on my life, being a Brit an' all.

Agree absolutely. I'm sick of this being all over the news all the time. I don't remember us becoming part of America, so why should this bother us in the slightest? Why is it even considered news to us? I'll be interested to hear who wins in the end but that's it. I don't want to hear about who's campaigning here and who's campaigning there. It's sad and pathetic. I really doubt that the Americans hear too much about our elections. They probably hear about who is likely to win and who has won and that's it. That's how it should be over here.

Will

/bin/su
Dillinja said:
...I don't remember us becoming part of America, so why should this bother us in the slightest?
I can't believe I have to say this, but we have troops in Iraq because of America...what America does affects us. Also, the election is a bit of a farce, in the "land of the free", and its in English, so its easy to get on TV.

The US election is also getting a lot of airtime in the middle east. I think they realise how much the US election affects them.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i personally am really worried about bush being back in the white house for another term

The man just seems to be very trigger happy, the fact he went to war with 2 countries in the space of 4 years is rather worrying

Also his dad is a right bastard and somehow everyone manages to forget his genocide in south america really easily

Will

/bin/su
Two wars in four years is really rather low for a US President. Clinton managed two himself, as well as several pointless airstrikes and cruise missile attacks.

</devil's advocate>

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Its the news of something that is the most important thing happening at this moment. You dont really have to care whats going on, but a lot of people outside of america do care because they feel that america have significance. Im sure the UK top stories about the police shooting trial and *cough* the events of iraq and the black watch are more important to you. However America is the biggest power in the world and who is their supposed leader cant really be blamed for such attention and many do feel that america's foreign and economic policies do have a direct consequence on the way we will live.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Will said:
Two wars in four years is really rather low for a US President. Clinton managed two himself, as well as several pointless airstrikes and cruise missile attacks.

</devil's advocate>

clinton was in for 8 years

Will

/bin/su
Yes, I realise that. I don't have the figures to hand, but I remember reading that the US has averaged about one war a year since it became independant.

I'm pointing out that the Democrats aren't that much better, and just because Bush has done some things people don't agree with doesn't mean that a Democrat president will be sweetness and light.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
aye i hear ya m8 :)

i was just hoping that someone whos had to pull comrades out of burning pits of napalm and seen the horror of worse way more up close than any other president has might actually not be so keen for it :D

ive got a horrible feeling theyll go to war with korea soon as well :(

tbh worries me that the yanks are allowed to make decisions like this lol the majority of americans ive seen/met are pretty dim

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Will said:
I can't believe I have to say this, but we have troops in Iraq because of America...what America does affects us. Also, the election is a bit of a farce, in the "land of the free", and its in English, so its easy to get on TV.

Exactly.

It maybe wouldn't matter so much to us if we had a prime minister who didn't have his/her tongue up Americas arse, but we do so it matters.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i wonder if tony blair will be so keen to have his tongue up bushes arse when the new elections come round

watch how fast he tries to distance himself

Also am the only person that finds it such a conceidence that osama bin laden releases a video tape warning of more attacks, therefore more times of war for the US literally days before the election thus no doubt influencing a good few people to vote for bush as bush has already committed himself to wiping these dudes of the planet?!?

wouldnt surprise me if osama's on the payroll, he was before after all along with other nice chaps such as Manuel Noriega another drug trafficking bad guy

Trem

There were three people on an airplane. One was Thomas Jefferson. One was George Bush. And the last was Bill Clinton. They opened up the airplane door and Thomas Jefferson threw out a 100 dollar bill and said "I just saved a family!" George Bush looked at Jefferson and then threw out 2 100 dollar bills. He then said, "I just saved TWO families!" Bill Clinton looked at Thomas Jefferson then at George. He sighed and pushed George Bush off the plane and said "I just saved the world!

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
jefferson on an airplane

gettit gettit!

ack im bored out my tits here

Trem

I'm more bored.

I copy and pasted that by the way, didn't even check it.

MAN, I AM SO BORED!

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ive been listening to my mp3 player non stop since 7am and im now bored to death of that as well, damn shitty databases im runnin cack on its pants takes forever :(

oh if only i could get daoc working :p

Trem

Then you would be bored AND and an annoying sandal wearer :p

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Trem said:
Then you would be bored AND and an annoying sandal wearer :p

true its a prereq of working with unix

you need to have a pair of sandals and be into very heavy metal music :D

muhhahahaa

Trem

Shall we do a group suicide or something? Anything to end this boredom!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I've got a whole month of being bored. Beat that!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sir Frizz said:
I've got a whole month of being bored. Beat that!

Ive been bored at work for at least 2 1/2 years
...unfortunately I have not found anything else that would be less boring :(

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Bush won..

I feel sorry for half the American population that now has to live with that muppet for another 4 years. Let's hope the world can handle another 4 years of his muppet.

But hey, maybe the dollar will devaluate even further compared to the Euro. That's one positive thing he's managed to do, and it makes ordering DVDs cheaper from the US. ;D

Tbh, it's only fair that Bush has to deal with the mess he made in his own nest over the last 4 years.

The Bush voters don't understand why people would vote for Kerry, and the Kerry voters have no idea how people could ever vote for Bush. Kerry has one advantage - he ain't Bush. ;D

G

/me waits for War on Iran, North Korea and China.

tick tick tick tick...............................Boom

"look daddy i've blown the world up"

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
He'll run out of 'Axis-of-Evil-countries' to ruin sooner or later. He probably won't stop there. :)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
aye why china?

apart from americas deep resentment towards communism theres not much reason for it

unless theyve suddenly found a large chunk of the worlds oil under beijing :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:
To be honest, it's not "just an election", at least, not in my eyes. The way the Bush administration has run things has been globally indredibly divisive, with all this "You're with us or against us" bollocks. It's war against terror has FUELED global terrorism, and started two wars (Afghanistan and Iraq) that it hasn't actually bothered winning either properly before starting waving it's willy at North Korea and Cuba and anywhere else that it fancies. If there is a massive terrorist attack on London, I will blame Bush nearly as much as the terrorists.

Bush policies get british people killed. Bush policies have seen 100k Iraqi civilians killed. Bush policies help recruit terrorists. Bush policies cause severe disharmony in global politics. Bush also has eyes like a pig thats been dead for a week, but that's just a personal grudge.

Maybe his policies have increased the likelihood of terrorist attacks but I really can't see any policy that wouldn't have done so post-9/11. Certainly rolling over and playing dead wasn't going to make it any better. The terrorist mindset scored a huge win that day. Whatever the response was was only going to make it worse. Especially if the response was to ignore it.

Here's a challenge Freddyites:-

If you were George W Bush what would you have done after Sept 11th (apart from 'kill myself... HAHHAHA etc...') Also, explain how this would have helped prevent further terrorist attacks AND/OR prevent new threats.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
For one, I would have started listening to my own intelligence agencies. ;P

And secondly, I would have stepped up my UNDERCOVER activities against terrorists. A war is highly visible, very expensive and very pointless. All you gain by attacking another country is that the terrorists move elsewhere and gain sympathy. Imagine what those BILLIONS of dollars spend on blowing the crap out of Iraq could have bought you in terms of strike-teams, cooperation with other countries, gear, training, etc.)

It isn't that the rest of the world condones terrorism. Everyone wants those guys gone just as much as the US, but the world has come to the point where they are considering - who's scarier, those terrorists or the USA?

Bush made the worst possible decision at that point.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Maybe his policies have increased the likelihood of terrorist attacks but I really can't see any policy that wouldn't have done so post-9/11. Certainly rolling over and playing dead wasn't going to make it any better. The terrorist mindset scored a huge win that day. Whatever the response was was only going to make it worse. Especially if the response was to ignore it.

Here's a challenge Freddyites:-

If you were George W Bush what would you have done after Sept 11th (apart from 'kill myself... HAHHAHA etc...') Also, explain how this would have helped prevent further terrorist attacks AND/OR prevent new threats.

Afganistan was ok. I have no problem with that.
But invading Iraq would only has increased terrorist threads, shot the oil prices thru the roof and thus endagered the world economic growth.
Taking a hard line towards Isreal aswell as Palestina would have stabilised the region and probably lessend the terrorist thread

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Not gone to war with Iraq, not set up/used guantanamo bay. Not coined the term "Illegal Combatants".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom