Bush junior 2nd Term!

rynnor

Rockhound
Is looking more and more likely - again it looks like the election will very close in which case Mr Bush has most of the Supreme court judges on his side for the legal challenges as happened last time.

Im betting Bush will be declared President but Kerry will poll more votes...

You would have thought they would have sorted this out after the last fiasco.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes, let's keep re-counting until you get the result you want YOU FUCKING PINKO DIRTBAG !!!!1

*inbreed*

Cyfr

Banned
Hope he gets in, then the comedy programs in the UK don't die :D

venus

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
Hope he gets in, then the comedy programs in the UK don't die :D

sorry peeps but i just have to agree with cyfr on that comment :D

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
The comedy wouldn't die, it would just become 'old stylee' Herman Munster comedy, as opposed to the curent 'Just William' :)

Later

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There will be large numbers of blacks in the country who will be voting Democrat, basically because they couldn't vote last time.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Can only bet Bush will do something again to fix the votes...

I don't feel safe with a clueless twat running one of the most powerful nations on the planet, never have.

moomin

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
Can only bet Bush will do something again to fix the votes...

I don't feel safe with a clueless twat running one of the most powerful nations on the planet, never have.

opless is the president?!?!

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, I dunno. The sample poles taken don't include mobile phone users, which are predominately young peeps who haven't voted yet - and are overwhelmingly democrats. At the other side of the demographic spectrum, the senior citizens vote in very high numbers - and Bush's healthcare finance policy has shafted everyone, especially the oldies.

Could go either way, I suppose. I just hope it's not another undignified 2/3 days floundering around recounting (supreme court etc)...

Although, I wouldn't trust those voting machines as far as I could throw them tbh...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
rynnor said:
Is looking more and more likely - again it looks like the election will very close in which case Mr Bush has most of the Supreme court judges on his side for the legal challenges as happened last time.

Nothing like jumping to a conclusion before anything has happened yet.

But I think Bush is the better of the two evils...

Will

/bin/su
dysfunction said:
But I think Bush is the better of the two evils...
Do you really think either canditate will do anything differently from the other?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Will said:
Do you really think either canditate will do anything differently from the other?

No I dont think either are any good...

If I was American I would spoil my vote.

edit: What I should have said in my earlier post was..."better the devil you know"

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:

I have to agree. They might do slightly different things, but in the end they'll just want to please the voters for next election.

That's the problem with the people voting. The voters don't necessarily know what's best for them, yet the candidates are power greedy and so just want to get another term by pleasing them.

edit: Personally I'd probably waste my vote on Nader

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Hope our elections get this much media coverage next year.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Cask said:
Hope our elections get this much media coverage next year.

To elaborate; why do we care who wins? I know i don't. And i'm pretty sure that whoever wins, will have only the smallest of significance on my life, being a Brit an' all.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They might have had if any of them were bothered with global issues such as signing the kyoto agreement...but neither of them are.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Sir Frizz said:
To elaborate; why do we care who wins? I know i don't. And i'm pretty sure that whoever wins, will have only the smallest of significance on my life, being a Brit an' all.

What if Bush get's back in and he then decides (now that the American people have ok'd his stance on the War on Terror) to attack Iran then N. Korea? Remember, he's got nothing to loose after a second term. What if he hammers home another patriot act and turns the US into a fascist dictatorship? What if he starts WWIII? Not bothered? Not effected by a nuclear war much?

Anything's possible with the neo-conservatives imho. It's one thing to fool a population that there's an evil enemy to struggle against, to increase a nationalist pride and unite the people - it's quite another to actually start believing it and follow through with a full scale war for no other reason than to generate cash and political clout.

This goes some way to explain Bush's grassroots support.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anybody been watching 'The Power of Nightmares'?

Its a 3 part documentary series on how the politicians have replaced promises of dreams with protection from nightmares.

If you've missed it (and I did), its available over bittorrent, from http://www.uknova.com/

Tinky

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:

Although not usually as messy, this can happen in most countries. Consider the UK extreme case where in 658 of 659 constituencies Labour won by one vote but in the 659th the conservatives won by 10000 - the Conservatives would poll more than labour but would have almost no representation.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Like someone said its doubtful Bush or our Goverment will have a significant effect on our lives... can't really say what ever Bush or Blair do enters my mind.. far more important things to worry about in life..

number 1 thing on my list of concerns? family its the most important thing in life and Bush and Blair come way down my list of concerns.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Anybody been watching 'The Power of Nightmares'?

Its a 3 part documentary series on how the politicians have replaced promises of dreams with protection from nightmares.

If you've missed it (and I did), its available over bittorrent, from http://www.uknova.com/

Yeah, it's quite good innit?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Does anybody have any layman's links to what Bush and Kerry have to offer to their nation, most of the stuff I read is about foreign policy.

Will

/bin/su
Tom said:
Does anybody have any layman's links to what Bush and Kerry have to offer to their nation, most of the stuff I read is about foreign policy.
Spiked has loads of different stuff.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Yeah, Bush has given his nation a turn around from a federal surplus of $236 billion and magicly turned it into a $500 billion deficit in just four years! The current administration has lost 63,000 jobs a month while it actually needs to create a rough minimum of 150,000 a month just to keep up with population expansion. I can't see how tax breaks which actually help the top 1% of the populus the most can butter that up.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Will said:

No, but then its a straight contest between a moron (and the most breathtakingly evil/stupid coterie of sidekicks in US history) and a 'flip-flopper' who at least has a brain. Anyone ever read Interface by Neal Stephenson, about a president whose remote controlled by a chip in his brain? That was Bush during the first candidate debate. A second term for this man is terrifying because its a mandate for continued stupidity.

I don't particularly care about the fate of the Iraqis (sorry, but my empathy glands don't extend that far), what bothers me more is the sheer breathtaking mismanagement of the whole thing by the Neocons; they live in a 1950s comic-book world of 'good v. evil'. They had no concept of what to do once the war was 'won', and seem incapable of understanding the lessons of others (the British, the Russians) because their basic arrogance means that these lessons simply don't apply because "hey we're Americans'"and hence automatically different from everyone else; "we can't be imperialists, we're Americans" is a dangerous logic, but that's what the Neocons believe.

Their inability to manage has affected the conduct of the war, but it also shows in most aspects of American domestic and economic life which is the real reason Americans shouldn't vote Bush, the republicans couldn't manage a corner shop, never mind the world's biggest economy.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Kerry has one policy. He isn't George Bush. For this alone, he deserves to get stuffed today.

Bush for a second term thx.

Tilda

Bodhi said:
Kerry has one policy. He isn't George Bush. For this alone, he deserves to get stuffed today.

Bush for a second term thx.
Is this sarcasam? I'd take Kerry over Bush any day, it seems to me that 90% of what Bush does harms American interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom