Burnout 3/ Outrun 2/ Juiced

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I finally got a network adapter for my PS2 yesterday along with a copy of Burnout3. My spare bits of netowkr cable weren't long enough so I had to bodge a cable together without crimps....which was fun.
I got it running and put the setup disk in and went through all the settings, it did it's ping tests and traceroutes and passed them fine (20ms ping) but when it tried to connect to Central Station it just sat there doing bugger all.

I went on IRC and started pestering people for help. Eventually Sydrick suggested I reboot my ps2. Genius idea.

Second time I actually got onto Central station and was asked to put my network access code in. Turns out some fucker had already stolen it for some reason.

I went onto IRC once again to try and find someone who might know a fix for it and TTD came along who offered a reason as to how it might have been stolen and suggested I ring the help line.

After about ten mins I finished on the phone and was told my code didn't even exist!
So I am apparently being sent out a new code but will have to send my current code to them as proof.

During the conversation he asked what I intended to play online and I told him I had a copy of Burnout3 that was calling my name. He said I was in luck as the NAC is only needed for Sony games e.g. Evercrack. BO3 is run by EA who have seperate logins.

So I whack in BO3 and start setting up an EA account only to find that WPKenny, Kenster and a shit load of other totally ridiculous names had already been taken. WTF??
Eventually I was able to get a name that didn't have a load of random numbers on the end and it accepted "WPKnny" as a unique ID.

It was time to find a game. I went for the instant action option and it logged me onto a server. People were chatting but no game was starting despite myself and several others asking what was going on, no one replied with an answer so I quit that server.
Then I attempted to join another game to get booted shortly after joining due to network issues or something.

After that I gave up and played the single player, which fucking rocks BTW, but fuck me if it wasn't a long road just getting there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom