Burnout 3/ Outrun 2/ Juiced

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Right I am on the verge of getting a brick or the shiney silver Sony thing. Now I am getting Burnout 3 with it. Seeing as both are the same price, which should I go for? I am leaning towards the brick right now because of the online options.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If the only thing affecting your choice is BO3 go for the brick.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
"The Brick" is an all-round more powerful machine, no matter what anyone says. I also generally enjoy playing games on it more than the PS2. Just my opinion, though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well, its not the only thing. Its the lack of online options with the PS2. However, I also want Pro Evo, and that wont be released on the brick, right?

Ono

Part of the furniture
Ch3tan said:
Well, its not the only thing. Its the lack of online options with the PS2. However, I also want Pro Evo, and that wont be released on the brick, right?

Being released in November this year.

Pro Evo 4 that is on the XBox.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
xbox ver of Pro evo 4 will have mp modes, ah well guess i shall have to fecth a ps2 pad converter thingie now :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thanks guys, ordered my brick from GAME. £114 with burnout 3 and a 3rd party controller.

Now to find someone selling the LIVE starter kit with Proj Gotham 2 for cheap.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Took my Xbox round my mates house and learned the wonders of 8 player Crash Party so much fun, even better when your drunk.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Burnout 3 is my Game Of The Year tbh, and i've only played the bastard for 5 minutes.

:/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BO3 is the almightiest games of games.

Absolutely loved Burnout2, used to hold regular sessions with Ted and Jop at my flat, with mucho beer, pizza and the green stuff \o/

Was utter mayhem, this game only makes it worse :)

Now back to BO3 and some Live action..........

:worthy:

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
Thank god you can turn the bloody DJ off... he was driving me nuts! :twak:

Jopasc

Fledgling Freddie
Deebs said:
BO3 is the almightiest games of games.

Absolutely loved Burnout2, used to hold regular sessions with Ted and Jop at my flat, with mucho beer, pizza and the green stuff \o/

Was utter mayhem, this game only makes it worse :)

Now back to BO3 and some Live action..........

:worthy:

We need to arrange a session :cheers:

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Pascy.... Dibs!
t00t t00t!

Actually, I think BO3 is the best game evar for a group of pissed mates sitting round the same machine and yet its dull as fuck for single player. Its such a social thing but too many interuptions when racing alone makes it hard to get into.
The team smash or whatever its called (2 players teaming up in a single crash junction at the same time) is great too. Theres just so much in this game.

Playing both PS2 (at work) and Xbox (at home) versions and the only difference I can find is the crash party on xbox is 8 players and its 6 players on PS2. The graphics seem identical, the sound is identical (turn the radio off fgs!) and the feel is identical. Loading times are the same.

Anyone got any high scores from crash they'd care to challenge others with?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh you can't say that Ted. You'll have a million rabid xbox lamuts on your ass claiming "But no teh xbox version r look teh better coz it iz xbox!!"!"!"

Having said that I'd take the PS2 version every time, as I could take the disk out the drive and play Gran Turismo instead. Seems a far better option imo.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
lol, the irony of you moaning about rabid xbox fanboys :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i agree both ps2 and xbox versions look identical, but the crap part of the game for me is not the radio but the bumper/driver view when you are going up a hill you cant see the traffice ahead:/ wish theyd done it higher mabe with bonnet in view

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
Oh you can't say that Ted. You'll have a million rabid xbox lamuts on your ass claiming "But no teh xbox version r look teh better coz it iz xbox!!"!"!"

Having said that I'd take the PS2 version every time, as I could take the disk out the drive and play Gran Turismo instead. Seems a far better option imo.

I know im gonna get flamed for this as a Xbox owner, but BO3 is not trying to be a GT beater. BO3 is its own brand of gameplay etc.. its not trying to be realistic.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
PLightstar said:
I know im gonna get flamed for this as a Xbox owner, but BO3 is not trying to be a GT beater. BO3 is its own brand of gameplay etc.. its not trying to be realistic.

Like duh. I wasn't even suggesting it was tho. I wish just pointing out which I'd rather play if I was in the mood for a driving game.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
um just one question are you guys playing mp with 50hz or 60hz?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Yaka said:
um just one question are you guys playing mp with 50hz or 60hz?

I am currently playing on 60Hz which ultimately means the number of games in the UK available to me is limited. It appears the majority of UK users are playing with 50 Hz atm.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah im playing at 50hz as well as me monitor goes funny if i select 60hz, odd considering it plays ps2 games @ 60hz fine just not xbox ones

leggy

Probably Scottish
Ch3tan said:
Finally got live. User name Ch3tan :)

Unfortunately you won't be able to use it with burnout 3. AS IT DOESNT FOOKING WORK!

Such a disgusting implementation of live it's quite scary.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
pah! my week has just got worse and worse, was playing burn out 3 fine on xbox live saturday mourning, and that same evening around about 6pm i tried to play again, but i got a message saying me account has been canceled, been on the phone today with xbox support and they say its coz me card expired ages ago, well its still got 8 bloody months left , also me nick Yaka has black listed according to the peep i talked to fs:/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I managed to play 30 minutes or so, then it said your account has been blocked temporarily, rebooted x-brick and it was fine again.

Apart from that I have been having lots of games, seems there are more 60hz players than 50hz though. Its annoying having to change that setting just to get games.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I only use 60hz mode.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom