Burnout 3/ Outrun 2/ Juiced

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Burnout 3 Review. It got 9.5 on Ign and 9/10 on a couple of other sites aswell. Deffo picking this up on friday.

Dax

Fledgling Freddie
I played Burnout 3 for 5 minutes this afternoon, it's now on order from Amazon. It is the best racing based game ever made.

I had a race and a go on 'Road Rage' which is just so fantastic I actually died while playing it.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Dax said:
I played Burnout 3 for 5 minutes this afternoon, it's now on order from Amazon. It is the best racing based game ever made.

I had a race and a go on 'Road Rage' which is just so fantastic I actually died while playing it.

Lol.

I'm going down the shops tomorrow upon its release in the UK. Can't wait.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Mine arrived today, thanks Game. So far so good, it's like a bucket of burnout, but a deeper bucket than before, and with added sparkly bits.

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
i'd never played burnout before, always thought it sounded good, aquired bo2 a few days ago, played it and it was good. just got burnout 3 and omg is it good. love this game!. top soundtrack, graphics looks so nice and shiny, the crashes are spot on and its just another 'one more go' game :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
I do not like racers in almost any form. I wasn't impressed by pgr2 and I have never really enjoyed the GT series. But... I absolutely love this game. The speed is everything. It is the most fun packed into any game that I can remember in the last few years. Love it!

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I can only get B3 this Friday, when i get payed.

*Depressed*

But i've heard alot about the soundtrack being little more than an eggy fart.

leggy

Probably Scottish
There are 3 good songs on the soundtrack. Bonus imo.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
leggy said:
There are 3 good songs on the soundtrack. Bonus imo.

Which are?

As for the game, I like it. Esp like the Road Rage mode :D

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Love the game, 1 or 2 of the burning laps are quite annoying, especially the 2nd f1 car one. Rest of it is brilliant. Soundtrack is terrible, but I've just put some stuff that I had on my Xbox HD on there instead.

All in all a brilliant game though. 9/10 from me.

Ono

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Xbox Controller S > PS2 pad.

On racing games and console FPSs yes.

On every other game - no.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Outrun 2 is a great arcade game, very nice and shiny and plays well. System Link/Live are great on it. Single player is a little boring though.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Burnout 3 is the best game evereer!!!!11! nah seriously I loved the first 2 but they were a bit shallow, not enough cars etc. but this one has so much going on I cant keep up, amazing game modes and the crashes are so satisfying....ramming opponents into pillars in the midel of the road...signature takedown!!! woohooo! I may have to get live just to beat on some of you :)
Got the custom muscle car this morning.... mmmmm

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Damn them for not making a Gamecube version because it has no online play.

A lot of Burnout players couldn't give a fuck about racing some 'real' people - I know sure as hell don't.

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Try it out online at a friends then and you will soon change your mind :) not really been a fan of Live until Burnout 3 came about and its completely altered my view of it. Burnout 3 is so suited to multiplayer gaming nothing quite as satisfying as ramming someone off the road and then hear their herl of abuse at you :)

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I was damn annoyed about that too, but fortunately I have an xbox too so I just got it for that. Its a crap reason for not making the port though

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Swift^ said:
Damn them for not making a Gamecube version because it has no online play.

A lot of Burnout players couldn't give a fuck about racing some 'real' people - I know sure as hell don't.

Gotta agree there. I would've bought the game whether it had online mode or not.. it's just a bonus for me.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It infuriates me that there's no system link mode, I've just got a wireless network set up with my mate across the street and this'd be perfect but noooooooooooo. They can't be arsed to set that up. >:|

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That's pretty shoddy considering how easy it is to implement a system link mode, especially after having made Internet play.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well that's what I assumed, which is why I'm all the more peeved.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Ono said:
BO3 has some real issues with it's online play.

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/feature.php?fea=BrokenLive

That article i read a few weeks ago, almost put me off buying the game. My mate still hasnt bought it for this. Its not totally incorrect in what it has to say but is too damning to be fair, it seems so intent on slagging it off when it fails to mention the bits that stand out. IE the good ones.

It is a bit of hassle sometimes to connect sometimes (me and babs and leggy had a few issuses on day of release but it was fine in the end, the friends list is broken but that doesnt stop you hunting them down manually.

And it will be fixed like all other live games that go arseup to start with.

Person who wrote that article is probably in the 'OMG BO3 IS SO BAD EA HAVE THEIR NAME ON IT' group

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Doomy said:
And it will be fixed like all other live games that go arseup to start with.

Good lord. I'm glad Microsoft joined the console race. This "If we can't get it right first time we'll patch it later" attitude is really good for the consumer! I mean I know it's just a retarded PC but you can leave some of the ball-aches from the PC Gaming world behind.

/me puts money on Xbox 2 needing a graphics driver update at least once a year.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, it's much better to have a buggy game and not have the ability to fix it.

Oh wait - but PS2 games are all bug free aren't they!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
nath said:
Yeah, it's much better to have a buggy game and not have the ability to fix it.

Oh wait - but PS2 games are all bug free aren't they!

Yes of course PS2 games are 'bug free' bug free my arse.

Im sorry but PS2 does not have the power to produce bug free games, half the games I play on my Dad's PS2 are full of bugs though they mainly seem to be the same ones, clipping and distance drawing.

Saying that though no game is bug free (perfect) on any system including PC's.
SO really I am ranting for no reason, I suppose I was lashing out at PS2 owners who think they are better than everyone again.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Plightstar mate...have you still not grasped the fact that Bodhi is the forum's resident Sony fanboi and you're the resident XBrick fanboi?

Fucking hell you've been taking the bait for years :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom