Bummer GAME Multiplayer Closure

L

luap

hope you read it through

Hosted Sites
All hosted sites will be disabled on the 23rd January.
Hosted Site owners need to download the contents of their sites before this date.

Email accounts
All @barrysworld.com and @my.game.net email accounts will be disabled on the 23rd of January.
Don't forget to inform people in your address books and any web sites you have registered with using this email address

D

Durzel

Where else are you lot going to talk bollocks all day long now??

E

Embattle

Yep I did, although nothing about the forums although no doubt they will be binned and all that rich history with it ;)

It fucks me off I've now got to sort me email account out, I've had the BW one for so long now that its on quite a few things, most probably some I won't even remember....although the on the plus side I'll lose 99% of all the spam I get :(

Its also sad for those that will be made redundant :(

I

Insane

bollocks :eek:

what am i going to do during work now? :(

M

mr.Blacky

Crap :( I had a good time on the bw servers and then on the game.net preview server (only ones populated :( )
Sad for the people loosing their jobs, not a nice christmas gift.

A

adams901

these must have been the big changes that we have been promised were coming for so long :/

L

luap

Things I'll miss.

1. This forum is toast
2. @barrysworld.com email addy is toast too. Sooo many people have that as their primary email.
3. All the development of the funky web based stuff is toast.
Clan servers, bookables, subscriber only servers, the whole bw / game migration. Barry Bar, Barry task app thing.
4. Barrybeer will need it's community rehoming and renaming.
5. Quakenet are losing a major part of their network
6. The work the BW staff did at community manglement, sorry management. The work of the admins, liasons, league teams.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by luap
6. The work the BW staff did at community manglement, sorry management. The work of the admins, liasons, league teams.

Everything else is replaceable except this - a massive thanks to all of those guys who've done such a fantastic job over the years.

T

Testin da Cable

I'll miss you lot :( oh well, there's still FreddyBeer and I guess BigCompany will be glad with a sudden peak in my productivity :)

I

Insane

im feeling all tearsome now :(

buggerations...

wonder if we can get this forum put on archive.org for memoriable sake?

C

Cdr

woah.

Very very sad tbh. Tis a shame, and although I've not been here as long as some of you, I will miss it.

Good luck to everyone who was part of Game.net, and to the rest of you forum reprobates - have a good un :)

Cya on the 'other side' :(

T

TedTheDog

A sad day.
Thanks to GAME for at least trying, its a damn difficult market.

DBs, myself and some of the other reprobates from BW history have decided to go back to our roots and we've even dug up our original name.
So we're restarting as a voluntary service @ Freddys House.
All forum users are welcome and it will be the original team running the place in the old non-commercial way.

Its the end of an era, but at least we can offer a new forum home (and maybe game servers too, we'll see).

B

Brynn

This sucks. I havent been here for as long as you guys.

I feel sorry for Wij, Tdc and embattle getting all them posts and then being wiped :p

D

doh_boy

crap. :(

Everything comes to an end I suppose.

It was fun, kinda, and the servers were top. :/

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Brynn
This sucks. I havent been here for as long as you guys.

I feel sorry for Wij, Tdc and embattle getting all them posts and then being wiped :p

Fuck those two....I've been here longer :p

L

L_Plates

Well we knew this was on the cards sometime :(

I will miss the place i know that much.

Well i suppose i will see you all at freddies house :)

Users who are viewing this thread