Buffbots

J

Jerelyn

i still doesn't get why ppl are whining about buffbots to their own realmmates..
it's all a help to the realm. and i bet half, if not 2/3 of you are standing in emain, odins, practiacally anywhere
yelling: "ANYONE HAVE A SPARE BUFF??? I NEED END REGEN.. PLEEEEAAASSSEEEEE ANYONE PLLEEEEAEAASE" .. damn..

-Jerelyn

and yes, i'm lvling a buffbot atm
and yes, i like having nice buffs
and no, i'm not very rvr active.

Y

-yoda-

buff bit users = people who dont have the skill to fight normally and need the ubah buffbots so they can have a BIG advantage vs others ,, so they ask daddy to buy them a 2nd comp and a 2nd account or ask daddy to buy them a lvl50 cleric of ebay and put it full enhance .

ifa person is running around emain and they get the odd eb/haste or a dex/st/con buff of a roaming cleric in a grp then imo thats not to bad . but the sucky peeps who have a lvl50 BOT with full ench parked at a telekeep or bk so they can roam around like a god imo is lame and summin only losers do . because there char is gimped and is not competetive enough or not well enough equipped to fight without buffbot buffs.

there WILL be a buffbot nerf in the near future im sure of that . i think they will do it like buffs have a range so u can ggo to far away from person who buffed you . or maybe only able to buff people your grpd with . but buffbots do and will be nerfed soon. so all those peeps who run around with botted bufs are gona have to compete on a lvl playing field ,

i find it pretty funy when a buffbotted person dies . they bot theselves to try make a name for themselves for being uber . when in fact nobody see's skill in anybody who is buffbotted . they just a gimp with uber buffas that make them v powerfull ..

R

Radghast

buffbots give a major advantage...nobody will question that. But they are still no match for a balanced grp of players. would appear that the ones suffering most from buff bot users are stealthers or those who RvR solo. This is unfortunate but in my experience the majority of these ppl already have BB's of their own anyway.

I know ppl may not like it, but the fact is that RvR is designed to be a group orientated activity..regardless of class. Those who prefer to solo will have to put up with the BB users as there will be no nerf for them. BB = 2 accounts...2 accounts = twice the money for mythic. no way they are gonna nerf that when a large portion of every server are using them.

S

Sleet

Originally posted by optical-
Optical LvL 50 Skald
Flammen Herra
Excalibur
<Red Guard>

your a skald?

after fighting with you guys at upplands tonight i thought you were a mage :(

next time beat me up more

H

hellish

Everybody whine about buffbots until they get one aswell :]

T

Tranquil-

If I get a buffbot myself I'll still whine because it's required.

Z

zaberhut

omg noone is actually naming Jox in a thread about buffbots !!!!

:) :)

G

gunner440

rofl whats bad about a buffbot, if it helps you achieve your goals quicker e.g. RP then why not?

C

-chancer-

check sig

on an its more for lvling atm though

K

kaod

Originally posted by -yoda-
buff bit users = people who dont have the skill to fight normally and need the ubah buffbots so they can have a BIG advantage vs others ,, so they ask daddy to buy them a 2nd comp and a 2nd account or ask daddy to buy them a lvl50 cleric of ebay and put it full enhance .

And lets call you Captain Generalisation from now on then.

there WILL be a buffbot nerf in the near future im sure of that . i think they will do it like buffs have a range so u can ggo to far away from person who buffed you . or maybe only able to buff people your grpd with . but buffbots do and will be nerfed soon. so all those peeps who run around with botted bufs are gona have to compete on a lvl playing field ,[/B]

Oh and naive as a surname too then.

C

censi

defeats object of playing the game.....

the solo aspect of this game has been hit hard enough by mythics determination to make it a "group" orientated game and all the class nerfs that came with that...

In achieving this ethic they have overlooked the most dominant feature to most solo players arsenal-----> the buffbott.

nowadays if u solo and dont use a buffbott you will die a lot and kill very little... (especially if u are ranger to)

If this forces people to buy 2 accounts and 2 PC's, mythic view this as a good thing...

DAOC RVR, instead of developing for the better, has decayed into one of the most unrewarding skill-less batter of numbers(zergs) and buffbotts....

The game has little to offer in terms of skill and reward...

whats more worrying is its getting worse not better

:(

S

-Shaz-

Buffbot in groups = boofs don't drop if healer dies = can still win = good

Or you could say cheaty...but I say good...cause...no boofs suck...mk...(babbles on)

H

hotrat

I got a buffbot, aint used it in rvr, just in pve, its great for levelling faster, I even use it in my groups when we cant find any clerics lfg (its the same level as my sorc :) ).
I still get annoyed with people who use them in rvr though, buffed poeple are just impossible to kill unbuffed :(

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Sleet
your a skald?

after fighting with you guys at upplands tonight i thought you were a mage :(

next time beat me up more

not a mage, just a retard...

T

Tranquil-

If people are meant to have the stats after buffs when in RVR, why not make buffed stats the norm, and not the unbuffed stats?

Everyone running around fully buffed without a buffbot that would create less downtime, much more active rvr and alot more people running about in the frontiers. Wouldn't that be good?

Or no... Because that would mean that the ones running with buffbots NOW would have no advantage. And to be on equal terms is WRONG.

H

hint

yup i have wondered about that many times.

and on a similar note

Why the hell do classes get a ten min self stat buff. if mythic take it for granted they will have this when considering balanceing Why not just give them the stats anyway? it saves that iritaiting stop every ten mins to rebuff.

i can understand realm buffs. its an incentive to get someone of that class into your group to improve its abilities. But self buffs? its not like you need incentive to group with yourself so you can be buffed by yourself.

S

Sleek

i solo a lot in rvr - before i had a buffbot i got owned none stop by buffed players in 1on1.

therefore contrary to what ur saying (making a bot to make myself overpowered [with regard to original post]) i actually felt the need to make a bot to make things FAIR - so dont go saying everyone who makes a bot is an unskilled loser - that's total bullshit - the so called losers (or just ppl with a nice idea) are the ones that made buffbots in the firstplace, which in turn made other players do it etc etc

and btw, since i made a buffbot to make things fair, i WELCOME buffbot nerf, so that no buffs are around cept in groups with buffer - things will be fair then too - doesn't bother me either way :p plus i'll be able to respec my cleric to high rejuv and have another rvr char :D bring it on

kthxbye

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by Sleek
i solo a lot in rvr - before i had a buffbot i got owned none stop by buffed players in 1on1.

therefore contrary to what ur saying (making a bot to make myself overpowered) i actually felt the need to make a bot to make things FAIR - so dont go saying everyone who makes a bot is an unskilled loser - that's total bullshit - the so called losers (or just ppl with a nice idea) are the ones that made buffbots in the firstplace, which in turn made other players do it etc etc (to the original post btw)

and btw, since i made a buffbot to make things fair, i WELCOME buffbot nerf, so that no buffs are around cept in groups with buffer - things will be fair then too - doesn't bother me either way :p plus i'll be able to respec my cleric to high rejuv and have another rvr char :D bring it on

kthxbye

The point is that it STARTED OUT by someone who couldn't play on even terms. From that it escalated and now people have to use them to be even simply because so many use them.

Buffbots now are like selfbuffs except you have to pay extra for them and still you need them to be on equal terms.

How can that be right?

T

Tranquil-

I understand that people want to be on equal terms, but surely it must be better to not have to pay for it?

S

Sleek

exactly - completely agree

i'd do a lil clap animation smiley here but im a forum noob and have no idea how to do one :D

H

hint

perhaps Mythic can develop a way to make a clerics (or equivilents) buffs drop if it is inactive for a certain time. asin doesn't move or cats any spells other than buffs. (and rezzes i spose due to the new practice of park a buffbot at a cs)

i often like to buff guildmates not in my group if i have spare conc. seems unfair if the buffs drop when they run off to a diferent location. so a range limit seems to be a little weeker. besides for a range limit that would stop assasins being able to hunt at mg's and tk's would meen that any scout that runs to the mg to scout it for his group would lose his buffs.

H

hotrat

The point is that it STARTED OUT by someone who couldn't play on even terms
I know that Jazhara was one of the first people in albion to have a buffbot, not sure about the other realms, but Korv and Nolbypride PK were one of the earlier buffed stealthers.

S

sorusi

well doesnt matter, if you dont like it get one yourself, if you cant afford - get a job :x or dont if you dont really want to be able to "solo" cos nowdays you need one to be able to kill :(

E

Elixir

same old same old, useless whining about bots, in some patch (1.59?) bots are actually encouraged when mythic ALLOW 2 instances of daoc on 1 pc....

Ill admit i have a bot...but its inactive atm and iam gunna actually level it as a group player.

Personally i rarely travel buffed, never have done with this char, did with my thane but thats different.... :p

L

lissandra

there WILL be a buffbot nerf in the near future im sure of that . i think they will do it like buffs have a range so u can ggo to far away from person who buffed you . or maybe only able to buff people your grpd with . but buffbots do and will be nerfed soon. so all those peeps who run around with botted bufs are gona have to compete on a lvl playing field ,[/B]

No there wont be, what mythic is doing instead is making it easier for all ppl to get a buffbot so they earn more money (able to play 2 accounts on same computer in windowed mode)

Users who are viewing this thread