Browser Choice?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It makes browsing pleasurable. Stops all ads, stops google ads on search too. I just don't see any. Gets rid of the shitty ads on youtube vids too.

Also - faster loading of web pages as you're not having to load ads. Just do it. Adblock Plus is your friend m8.
Is that why uBlock doesn't show up in a Google search, not immediately anyway?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is that why uBlock doesn't show up in a Google search, not immediately anyway?
Dunno. I know if you search for adblock plus (I use FF and ABP) it's the first thing that comes up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The top 5 google results for "ublock" all point to uBlock. Are you using some Stokey version of google? :(

Trem

The top 5 google results for "ublock" all point to uBlock. Are you using some Stokey version of google? :(
I got loads of Unblock like Unblock US etc but no ublock, got it now anyway.

Edit - I am using cocking Chrome so fuck knows :D

I might just go back to FF you know, because with this blocking of ads malarky FF shouldn't crash as much if it isn't having stupid flash ads/trailers thrown at it all the time.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Dunno about sync but try Opera because it is sex. But - http://www.gettransmute.com/

I do like FF the most and have for years but the quite frequent crashes pisses me off, it seems to hate IMDB and often freezes on there. I am trying Chrome on the other poota (still on my old one because I don't want to dirty the new one yet :D ). @old.Osy do you have any idea why Opera won't display the list of active torrents through qBittorent remote, it is also a problem with IE if that gives you any pointers?

Sorry mate, i use uTorrent standalone as a client, never faffed about with anything else, really...

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Dunno about sync but try Opera because it is sex. But - http://www.gettransmute.com/

I do like FF the most and have for years but the quite frequent crashes pisses me off, it seems to hate IMDB and often freezes on there. I am trying Chrome on the other poota (still on my old one because I don't want to dirty the new one yet :D ). @old.Osy do you have any idea why Opera won't display the list of active torrents through qBittorent remote, it is also a problem with IE if that gives you any pointers?

Opera looks nice and is quick but doesn't have Chrome sync, which is a function I need. So hard to find a decent browser that has that function as I don't want to be installing other browsers on my PC or be messing about installing third party programs...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Been using Chrome for ages, but after the "Fuck It, I'm Going Back to Firefox" post I'm currently giving Firefox a go as well.

Normally I wouldn't bother with ad blocking either - but I'm also trying uBlock. Given that it's fairly lightweight it's worth trying.

Trem

Been using Chrome for ages, but after the "Fuck It, I'm Going Back to Firefox" post I'm currently giving Firefox a go as well.

Normally I wouldn't bother with ad blocking either - but I'm also trying uBlock. Given that it's fairly lightweight it's worth trying.

Same here I'm trying FF with ublock and will see how it goes but I just want to use Opera :(

Trem

Hmmm using FF at the minute and it won't keep me logged in on here (yes @caLLous I did put a tick in the keep me logged in box :eek: ) everytime I revisit I have to log back in. Don't have that problem with Chrome and I have never had that problem before with FF. uBlock is not the problem which is the only thing different this time.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You missed the small print dude, it says Keep me logged in unless I'm from Stoke. It's only sensible...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hmmm using FF at the minute and it won't keep me logged in on here (yes @caLLous I did put a tick in the keep me logged in box :eek: ) everytime I revisit I have to log back in. Don't have that problem with Chrome and I have never had that problem before with FF. uBlock is not the problem which is the only thing different this time.

Get the same thing on mine, I have it set to delete history but keep cookies and log in details but FH still doesn't stay logged in, all my credentials are there so its just a matter of clicking two buttons. It seems fine on other sites.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Get the same thing on mine, I have it set to delete history but keep cookies and log in details but FH still doesn't stay logged in, all my credentials are there so its just a matter of clicking two buttons. It seems fine on other sites.

Hmmm. Weird. I'm using FF and it's all good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom