Browser Choice?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
So I have me a new lapoota and I want everything to be just right on it so I want the bestest browser but I have issues with most of the known ones so am I missing any of the lesser known ones?

I read that IE was the speediest so I tried that and it was indeed very quick and I liked it until I used qBittorent remote and it wouldn't load up my list of active torrents, the same applies to my favourite browser Opera (now they have put a bookmark manager in it), neither will load up my list of active torrents I just get a blank screen. I have used Mozilla forever and that works fine with the above but it crashes quite often on sites with flash on them and it doesn't have a built in translator. Chrome does have a built in translator and does work with qBittorent and hasn't crashed yet but it looks and feels a bit erm...I dunno like a phone browser, it feels pale and not sharp but I am using it until I find something else. Ideally I would like Opera to work with my torrent client but it won't and fuck knows why.

So any browsers you guys can suggest?

Help will be rewarded with a life sized model of @Jupitus lovingly seated in a display matchbox.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Chrome all the way (because my lastpass extension works perfectly so I can have a million passwords without remembering a single one).

Plus it syncs nicely with the 5 other laptops/phones/tablets I sometimes use. I don't know what you mean about the feel - I've always liked it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Still on Firefox here, even though we heavily use Google Apps at work I just find Firefox to be a nicer experience, seems to work with more pages (our internal "IE Only" websites work fine with Firefox, not so much with Chrome).

Is there not a translator add on for the 'Fox?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I use Chrome at home and Firefox at work. No idea why.

They both work and neither of them are IE.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Help will be rewarded with a life sized model of @Jupitus lovingly seated in a display matchbox.

If it's a normal size matchbox double-scale may be better! ;)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Firefox here too. It doesn't offend me like it does others, although I do get the occasional hang (and/or plugin container crashes) with flash stuff.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Chrome for me, whenever I have to use IE I feel all dirty .....

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Chrome with AdBlock addon. Syncs all my bookmarks perfectly with my mobile. Easy and very quick.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I alternate between Chrome and FF. At le workies we have a shit-tonne of IE only webshites, because at some point some fuckwit -to which the term enterprise architect can only be applied after smoking great big piles of crack cocaine- made "workes perfectly with IE and nothing but" the premier requirement. Very likely because he once applied for a job at Mozilla/Google and they turned him down on grounds of extreme fuckwittery.

Syri

FH is my second home
I use chrome now, used to use firefox but an unstable phase coincided with my purchase of an android phone, so I went for chrome as it works nicely between devices.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Firefox and adblock plus. Works great - occasional flash container crashes but wtf eh.

Use firefox on phone too...

Trem

On my phone Opera is fantastic, I suggest you give it a try loves. The speed dial is aceness.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Chrome with adblock. As others have said, syncs across my PC, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

No need for anything else.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Opera for home PC, all others in various degrees for work laptop, except maybe Safari, which i've never used.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just binned Chrome and tried the latest Firefox. Lovely stuff so far.

Hopefully Hola doesn't cause it to flid out like Chrome did.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm getting increasingly irritated with Chrome; it seems to be bloating up like crazy. I have all the browsers at work (because...work) and I definitely think FF is my preferred choice at the moment

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't often swap browsers. FF's been my default for a long time now. Just seems to work best with most things - browser speed's never been much of a problem or issue for me tbh.

I'm one of the few people who never liked Chrome. Tried to, but for some reason just couldn't.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
For those few Opera users, ditch AdBlock and/or AdGuard, go for uBlock.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I'm looking for a browser for my Htc One M8 at the moment. Just binned Next Browser as it now has problems with syncing bookmarks and it hasn't been updated in over half a year. Tried Dolphin Browser and it seems to have the same syncing problems. Tried Firefox and it sucks in terms of speed compared to other browsers and I also don't like the fact it doesn't sync with Chrome out of the box without a Firefox account etc. I'm currently using Chrome, it has the best speed but lacks functionality, like the lack of placing favourite websites on the home screen of the browser, it automatically puts your most viewed websites there. Also too many presses to access bookmarks for my liking. Any suggestions for a browser that can sync with Chrome?

Last edited:

Trem

I'm looking for a browser for my Htc One M8 at the moment. Just binned Next Browser as it now has problems with syncing bookmarks and it hasn't been updated in over half a year. Tried Dolphin Browser and it seems to have the same syncing problems. Tried Firefox and it sucks in terms of speed compared to other browsers and I also don't like the fact it doesn't sync with Chrome out of the box without a Firefox account etc. I'm currently using Chrome, it has the best speed but lacks functionality, like the lack of placing favourite websites on the home screen of the browser, it automatically puts your most viewed websites there. Also too many presses to access bookmarks for my liking. Any suggestions for a browser that can sync with Chrome?

Dunno about sync but try Opera because it is sex. But - http://www.gettransmute.com/

I do like FF the most and have for years but the quite frequent crashes pisses me off, it seems to hate IMDB and often freezes on there. I am trying Chrome on the other poota (still on my old one because I don't want to dirty the new one yet :D ). @old.Osy do you have any idea why Opera won't display the list of active torrents through qBittorent remote, it is also a problem with IE if that gives you any pointers?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ah nice. I'll give it a shot. cheers dudes.

Trem

Why do you use ad block software? I have never felt the need, is it for torrent sites etc that chuck loads of pop ups at you? Or does it stop those AIDS ridden ads that cover the screen on sites like IMDB? If it's the latter I'm bloody installing ad blocking software :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why do you use ad block software? I have never felt the need, is it for torrent sites etc that chuck loads of pop ups at you? Or does it stop those AIDS ridden ads that cover the screen on sites like IMDB? If it's the latter I'm bloody installing ad blocking software :eek:

It makes browsing pleasurable. Stops all ads, stops google ads on search too. I just don't see any. Gets rid of the shitty ads on youtube vids too.

Also - faster loading of web pages as you're not having to load ads. Just do it. Adblock Plus is your friend m8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom