Politics Brexit (England leaving the UK)

How will you vote in the referendum to leave the European Union?

• I will vote to leave

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • I will vote to stay

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Depends on what David Cameron gets out of the negotiations

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I'm a foreigner, you should stay.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I'm a foreigner, you should leave.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I'm Hawkwind, I think we should make a Saudi-Britain Union.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Since the UK GE 2015 was so accurate, I thought I'd make another poll and then sell it onto some polling website.

Anyway.

I'll make it so you can edit your choice once David Cameron has wasted his time debating with brick walls.

Won't make it public, but please elaborate on your answers if you will.

Gwadien

A question for our resident skirt-wearer;

@Big G If 'England' votes to leave, and Scotland decides to stay, do you believe that it constitutes another Scottish referendum to leave the UK?

Was being discussed last night, seems quite bizarre to me, using any excuse to get another one?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Stay.

The EU is about us not going to war. Don't really give a fuck about any of the rest.

Gwadien

Stay.

The EU is about us not going to war. Don't really give a fuck about any of the rest.

I feel like that argument is much like a teacher telling another kid to say sorry, and then thinking they'll be best friends for ever.

I don't think it works.

Much like the UN doesn't work.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I just think it would be more interesting outside. And the ability to set our own laws without interference.

Gwadien

Actually, I'll engage you a little bit more.

Surely like if people have voted to remain in the UK then that means we're sticking as a single political unit on these kinds of votes.

If you had a Scottish Referendum and then a EU Referendum and then a Scottish Referendum straight afterwards again, I think the EU referendum would make very little difference to the next Scottish referendum, the only things effecting it would be the false promises etc from the last Scottish referendum?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I feel like that argument is much like a teacher telling another kid to say sorry, and then thinking they'll be best friends for ever.

I don't think it works.

Much like the UN doesn't work.

Except it does because we're not perched on a radioactive cinder and eating each other.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
@Gwadien the chain of events would be something like:

- The UK vote to exit the EU
- The SNP think "fuck yes, another shot at an independence referendum" under the guise of "Scotland being taken out of the EU against it's will"
- The SNP call another snap independence referendum
- If it's a No, we exit the EU as part of the UK
- If it's a Yes, we leave the UK and then go down the road of formally applying to enter the EU. Either way, we'd be out of the EU, albeit temporarily in the event of a Yes vote.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Seriously, it depends what Cameron can get out of them. Today the likes of Hollande/Merkel/Tusk were making noises less like he can fuck right off and more like there are compromises to be made. The problem (for Cameron) is, there are 4 massive points, all with lots and lots of important sub-points. He is never going to get everything he wants. I think it would be a step backwards for the UK on all fronts, especially economically (I honestly can't see it giving them more power re: international trade like Lord Bamford thinks it will) but we will see.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Except it does because we're not perched on a radioactive cinder and eating each other.
Yep.

EU works. UN works. They're forums for talking to each other. And that's what people use them for.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It depends what happens in the months before...a migrant running amok with a Uzi would have us out...if not much happens, we will play safe.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stay. For all its faults (and there are many) I would rather we got closer than further away.

I think we would be better positioned to fix those problems within Europe than from the outside.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It depends what happens in the months before...a migrant running amok with a Uzi would have us out...if not much happens, we will play safe.

What if its a British born migrant with an Uzi?!

...and you do realise that most of these big scary brown people are actually from non-Eu countries...right?!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Look at Trump and the frankly terrifying levels of support he is getting over there. It doesn't matter where the big scary brown people are from, leaving the EU will be seen (by a worrying number of people) as a tool to reduce immigration full stop.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's much better for the UK to be part of the EU and being able to have a major influence on it's policies rather than be on the outside looking in.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's much better for the UK to be part of the EU and being able to have a major influence on it's policies rather than be on the outside looking in.

I agree with this, more advantageous to be in that out.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yep.

EU works. UN works. They're forums for talking to each other. And that's what people use them for.

The EU right now is a massive banana republic. If it was governed my the same laws that apply to governments or multinational corporations, the leaders would all go to jail for fraud, corruption and failures of supervision.

It needs either massive reform, or it needs to be put down. Brexit will aid both of those two. The EU excelled as a trade block, it should go back to that. Britain should do everything it can to pursue that target.

Gwadien

I asked quite and indepth question to Big G and he responded with a single word answer.

Now this could be down to one or more of the following reasons;
  • Because he didn't want to elaborate.
  • Because a one word answer wasn't sufficient so therefore it would be funny to give a one word answer.
  • Because he's a dick.
Since he responded with this I thought it would be humorous to respond with 'good talk' as I have done a number of times, because it is ironic because it was not a good talk, in fact it could be possible to describe the talk as poor.

After I made that post I decided actually, I will push him for a response hence why I decided to make another post to which he gleefully responded to, for which I am grateful for, because it starts an interesting discussion.

Why you would think that is patronising baffles me and seems like one of your pointless responses.

I'm unsure if you are doing this intentionally to wind me up, if so, congratulations, it does.

So if you continue to post things that are irrelevant or just plain retarded I will ignore you since you barely ever manage to contribute to any discussion with me, you just seem to post bullshit.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
  • Because he didn't want to elaborate.
  • Because a one word answer wasn't sufficient so therefore it would be funny to give a one word answer.
  • Because he's a dick.

It was because I was replying on a mobile device, and it was possible to reply with one word, so I just did. I expanded when requested.

I didn't think it was patronising.

@Moriath be cool my friend.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The EU right now is a massive banana republic. If it was governed my the same laws that apply to governments or multinational corporations, the leaders would all go to jail for fraud, corruption and failures of supervision.

It needs either massive reform, or it needs to be put down. Brexit will aid both of those two. The EU excelled as a trade block, it should go back to that. Britain should do everything it can to pursue that target.

Yeah, because America isn't exactly the same. They dress it up differently, but the graft, corruption and self-serving politicians are cut from the same cloth.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The two Muslim girls in my wife's school have gone off the rails, which I find reassuring, graffiting the school toilets, smoking in empty classrooms and bullying a few kids.
Ah the assimilation begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom