TV Breaking Bad

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else been watching this cracking series? A mate gave me the first 3 series a week ago and I am utterly hooked now by the end of series 2. Can certainly understand why it has won a ton of awards, it is very slow paced with great characters and a very original plot, it has some real laugh out loud moments as well. Rather than tell you what it is all about I will use a the synopsis from IMDB.

Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school chemistry teacher turns to using his expertise in chemistry to provide a legacy for his family... by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

As I said before, it is a slow burn but definately worth sticking with, especially with summer upon us and there being so little worth watching on TV anyway.

11,000 votes on IMDB and an average score of 9.3! :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Been on it since s1, Bryan Cranston is awesome, top show.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've watched it since day 1, it has quite a FH following. Bitch.

:)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's awesome, I can't wait for the new series to start.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
What makes it better for me is that Walter is like an exact replica of my physics teacher at school :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The episode with the fly, I was in stitches watching those two. :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
GAH!!! GAH!!!!! Bloody cliffhanger at the end of season 3, anyone know how long until season 4 starts? :D

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The next episode of Breaking Bad is Season 4, Episode 1 [04x01], it will air on Sunday at 10:00 pm Jul/17/2011

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Started watching this after reading this thread and I have to say it is bloody excellent. Very funny in my opinion and I certainly wouldn't say it's slow paced.

Cheers for the heads up, needed a new series after the car crash pile of wank that was Game of Thrones.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I shall start from S01E01 and work my way up.

Thats the highest score ive seen on IMDB other than Band of Brothers.

Thanks cho.....u manc twat!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, it's not slow at all.

Really I meant the first couple of episodes which were very much character establishing, they don't actually start cooking until episode three iirc. A couple of friends watched the first two episodes and didn't take to it, I nagged them into watching three more and now they are hooked as well. :D

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The first episode starts with a manic scene of him going mad in the camper van in the desert.

Shows like Mad Men and Deadwood are slow, Breaking Bad is very fast paced.

Laddey

FH is my second home
On season 1 episode 3.

Loving it so far.

The bath tub scene rofl harris

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The first episode starts with a manic scene of him going mad in the camper van in the desert.

Shows like Mad Men and Deadwood are slow, Breaking Bad is very fast paced.

Oh jesus, Mad Men is so slow that paint dries faster and I loved Deadwood but it was a two year slow build to a story with no conclusion, can't disagree with either. Yes I get where you are coming from with the flashes to the desert but they were fishing for viewers rather than building the story. The rest of those first two episodes was all about establishing characters, Walt's illness and frustration with life. It was excellently done but it was pretty slow going, the thing is it was very much worthwhile because that slow build really made you understand and care about all the main cast.

Brilliant show, love it love it love. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!

Aye thats what I thought couldn't get more fast paced really, not for a series opener anyway.

Whatever, it's great, bloody great, greater than Wazz covered in cheese and bacon doing his nudey snake dance for me......THATS HOW GOOD IT IS!!!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If anyone was in any doubt that Gus is a badass, that excellent protracted scene in the lab confirmed it!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If anyone was in any doubt that Gus is a badass, that excellent protracted scene in the lab confirmed it!

And there was me thinking "hmm, this has been a really quiet and ponderous opening episode so far", and then ... :eek2:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What amazes me about BB is how the two seem to be at a loss to prevent themselves from being drawn ever deeper into a world about which they're mostly ignorant.

....and how they manage to beat the odds every time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The main character beating the odds amazes you? :D

Yeah it's a good series, season is off to a nice start too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom