Bored Already?

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have a level 21 warlock on Al'Akir.

A friend of mine gave me a 10 day guest pass, i played that for a bit. But got to level 21, with 170 engineering. But just seems the game is boring.

Sure it has its cool funky bits, some of the quests are hilarious (poison pumpkins) but it just seems ... dull now.

Is anyone else feeling like this or is it just me?

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:

A friend of mine gave me a 10 day guest pass, i played that for a bit. But got to level 21, with 170 engineering. But just seems the game is boring.

Sure it has its cool funky bits, some of the quests are hilarious (poison pumpkins) but it just seems ... dull now.

Nahh not at all, still llike as much as when i started :)

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
The only time i've ever been bored was one time when, for some odd reason, I felt like powering asap to x level (sort of a personal goal for the day thing). Now being a shockingly slow leveller, this didn't happen and I felt a bit bored afterwards.

Have always been much happier just buggering about and not watching the xp bar, if I can't be bothered to level, I go fish for a bit. Today I spent 20 minutes clearing a camp of warlocks just to get to some bruiseweed I spotted, love finding new ways of keeling things, even if it is quite trivial.

I don't know, played 3 hunters from 1-20 in the two betas and retail and still not bored of the class despite the repetition of dong that. So..na, not bored of it quite yet and may not be for some time :)

R

Rapacious

I find its always nice to focus on what things will be like endgame. It's not uncommon for one to experience a lull - grinding can be dull at times. Just find something to aim for: mount at 40 might be nice.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Instances and friends make this game a whole lot more fun.

Did Razorfen Kraul last night, started just before 3AM, and it was probably the most fun I had in WoW so far. Jokes flying left and right, everyone just taking it easy, and massive overpulling and somehow managing to survive.

That said, sometimes, when I'm on my own, I find myself thinking "what am I doing? Why am I not having fun?"

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Level 34 and not bored yet. Mount and plate armour are the things I'm working towards, also hoping that the honour system will be in before I hit 60.

Yeah, solo grinding can be boring. But WoW is new, groups are easy to find.

cher

Fledgling Freddie
Razorfen Kraul is damn fun, had my best night of grouping with guild mates in there, i got mind controlled by one of the bosses (the deathspeaker one) and watched as my char ran up and killed our druid and warrior.....i giggled like mad, they weren't too impressed however. (sorry again hrymf)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
37 atm, not bored yet :) I like the atmosphere, the game mechanics and the questsystem. I can however see myself getting alil bored once i hit 60 and have to start repeating raids etc for good equipment. I hope the battlegrounds and pvp rules/honor system is implemented by then, or shortly after.

Anyway, plan to play some DAoC:Catacombs when its out anyway :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Not bored yet. Sure beats sitting in ligen or joining a gimped rvr group in daoc. ;D

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Nope, also a lvl21 warlock and its still fun.

The not-so-fun part, however, is when u lvl, and u rly rly RLY want that spell, but cant afford it... just becuz u had to buy a lot of fire crackers at Booty Bay.... arrgghhhh!!!

But fun? Absolutely!

kelless

Fledgling Freddie
Not bored yet , but i'm not as gripped as i was on DAOC when i first started playing that 3 years ago . It really is a well made game , and i can see myself playing until at least 60 and possibly beyond if they get the pvp side sorted.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I have just made a tauran shaman, and it keeps me amused sofar with the /flirt and /silly

Sangral

Fledgling Freddie
Brynn said:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I've played the final eu beta as priest and I thought the game lacked depth and immersion in it.

People always tell me that wow is so refreshing, no need to grind all the time, and that there is no downtime which is true to a point. In my case questing eventually became a grind with kill this and kill that quests. And no downtime? yeah I just find it frustrating that you couldn't really have normal rest after a fight, sure i could just wait a few minutes and watch some television, but it's not the same.

I been playing daoc lots in the past, and this game feels no way like it. No "Woah I just hit for 300 damage and evaded 3 hits in a row", but the usual style after style, after style.

Deena

Fledgling Freddie
Cant say i agree with you ..
At that lvl you should go to instances ! Thats the best thing imo about wow.
Get some friends together and do some instances and you will not be bored for a long time.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes, I'm starting to get bored with it but its more the design system of MMO's as a whole (lvl up, max lvl, new class, repeat) than WoW's fault.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe set some goals to achieve instead of just goin to the XP-threadmill?
Try to do things others havent yet achieved or something like that.
Create some challenges for yourself, might make things a bit more intresting ;)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
The game will have more high-end goals soonish (so far mount - lvl 60 - good equipment - high level instances are on the wanna do list :p)
both pvp and pve wise...
if you are not powergaming + playing with some friends cant really get bored with the game, personaly opinion of course. It can get dull sometimes, but when you feel so the solution is to : log off and dont play it for a few days. You will enjoy it when you try it again :p

fungus

Fledgling Freddie
atm i am loving it , didnt play beta though, if u have some friends online or a nice guild u can do instances its the way to go. Its all about playing together atm. and wont be playing daoc for a long time.

Ziva

Fluffy
Not bored at all even though i'm still doing the same stuff i did in beta. I like the quests since some are really challenging so i like to see if i'm able to pull it off solo. Futhermore i enjoy grouping with friends a lot, as said, get a nice bunch of people togheter for an instance and laugh.

Only people i can imagine beeing bored right now are the lvl 60's :D

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
personally i'm not bored of it yet, sometimes frustrated by silly bugs (chain charming quest mobs are a current bane of my existance especially as they override my immunity when i cast it [that and the fact that i die after being charmed as i can't cast spells when out of charm...])

I'm getting a bit fed up with soloing though, although i think a lot of that is because i need to actually find a decent guild in game.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Quests is basically 4-5 different ones with different names on mobs and locations and that.....bores me tbh. But instances is fun ye and the game is good, not super in anyway but good. No way i'd grind to 60 before everyone and have nothing to fight though...

Silverwolf

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't play Beta... that may help because everything is still all new and lovely and interesting. It's the ability to explore, and do lots of things that make the journey to the higher levels interesting.

I don't think there is another online game out there that can top WoW... DAoC and EQ2 blow goats compared to WoW, but then again, it's not just the game that makes it... it's the people you have around you...

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Got bored of WoW very fast and returned to DAOC, although i will add 11 days after release and "im bored" posts being posted, not too good.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Whenever I see comments like "ohh, I'm bored of X after 7 days, I'm going back to Y game!!one11" I generally think,

a) Hmm now either that person has the attention span of a goldfish & didn't give the game time, or perhaps wanted things to happen too quickly
or b) Hmm, looks like that person couldn't handle starting from scratch & not being uber.

Good luck to them either way.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Don't know if thats directed at me or not but i gave the game a good try, tried several characters in both Horde+Alliance but in the end just got bored too fast. I was playing with RL friends also which of course help make things more fun, but it just didn't grab me like UO or DAOC did when i first played them. By the way you missed

c) Found the game boring and decided to not carry it on anymore.

Just because you don't find it boring, doesn't mean people want to be "uber fast" or "have the attention span of a fish" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom