Borat attacked :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Kagato said:
And I know full well most comedians are different to their characters, but if he was half as smart as any of the good comedians of the past, then his material would be far far better then this shit he is currently pumping out and calling 'funny'.

if youd notice, humour has evolved.
you wont find any comedians doing the old skool shit except the ones still playing. reason being it cant be done like that anymore, because the ones who did it arnt doing it.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Congax said:
Can opinions differ or is this not allowed anymore? I don't look at Jackass or the likes, yet I still have a fond dislike for Borat. I don't know why, he just doesn't amuse me. Call it the odd Belgian nature. Now, if this is a reason to 'let me get a clue', I suggest you just fuck off then.

Belgian nature? I saw it with friends and they all liked it :)

Everyone has a different opinion about what humour/comedy is. Some people like sarcasm, some don't. Some like jackass, some don't. So don't post borat is bad/good comedy since thats just stupid. no?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
Belgian nature? I saw it with friends and they all liked it :)

Everyone has a different opinion about what humour/comedy is. Some people like sarcasm, some don't. Some like jackass, some don't. So don't post borat is bad/good comedy since thats just stupid. no?

The Belgian nature is an inside joke with dear old Bugz ;)

But yes, everyone has a different opinion about humour/comedy, so what's up with everyone slacking off people who don't like Borat then?

I dislike Borat and suddenly I need to get a clue and a life? Now that's just stupid. It's not stupid to think that he's crap - that's just an opinion and not some insult towards other opinions.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
anyone noticed pip is a new genre of humour never seen before any cilivized culture?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
tris- said:
anyone noticed pip is a new genre of humour never seen before any cilivized culture?

Pip rox, we should have a FH statue of him :worthy:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Social prejudice hardly needs anymore exposing, we all know its there we all see it, its hardly anything new, and no he does not do it in a hilarious way he does it in a dull and predictable fashion you can see coming from a mile off. He is just rehashing the already well trodden path covered by far superior people long before him.
Whats that got to do with anything, so what if its been done before, 90% of everything in comedy has been done before including some of the stuff like monty python, black adder, red dwarf etc etc

90% of the acts are re-hashes of previous comedy...
if they covered the same stuff which you find dull how are they superior?
in the past hitting someone with a pie was considered absolutely hilarious, nowdays you are unlikely to get more than a giggle.. so much for your theory that comedy has gone down hill

And I know full well most comedians are different to their characters
All he does is act (or perhaps it does not need much acting) stupid
You put the fact he is acting in a derogatory way, which is what i quoted

, but if he was half as smart as any of the good comedians of the past, then his material would be far far better then this shit he is currently pumping out and calling 'funny'.

The fact that everyone laughed in the cinema at the film at some point prooves how very wrong you are, if the general concensus is that he is funny it kinda prooves you wrong no?

Congax said:
The Belgian nature is an inside joke with dear old Bugz ;)

But yes, everyone has a different opinion about humour/comedy, so what's up with everyone slacking off people who don't like Borat then?
im not arguing with him because he slagged off borat, i couldnt care less

I am arguing with him over his ignorant view that just because he doesnt like it, it is bad and comedy has gone down hill

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

I am arguing with him over his ignorant view that just because he doesnt like it, it is bad and comedy has gone down hill

Argue with Kagato as much as you like, he can fight back verbally. I was just referring to whoever it was that said that we should get a clue and lifes.

:)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Whats that got to do with anything, so what if its been done before, 90% of everything in comedy has been done before including some of the stuff like monty python, black adder, red dwarf etc etc

90% of the acts are re-hashes of previous comedy...
if they covered the same stuff which you find dull how are they superior?
in the past hitting someone with a pie was considered absolutely hilarious, nowdays you are unlikely to get more than a giggle.. so much for your theory that comedy has gone down hill

You put the fact he is acting in a derogatory way, which is what i quoted

The fact that everyone laughed in the cinema at the film at some point prooves how very wrong you are, if the general concensus is that he is funny it kinda prooves you wrong no?

I heard several people laughing at the Blair Witch project, but that was just because the film was so shit it was laughable, does that mean it was a good comedy too? I think not.

Incidently, 69% of people can make up statistic on the spot to try and argue 49% of points, so I think your 90% of rehashed comedies might be 38% of the mark. But hey, at least we still have 10% of new and originals ideas coming through, but Borat certainly is not in there.

And no, comedy is not going down hill just because of my 'ignorant' view that Borat is shit. My own opinion, which I thought I was entitled to just like every other human being, and that these forums are here for us to express them in, is that comedy is going down hill fast and has been for a long time.
To me the evidence is blatantly obvious, you do not even need to look hard to see it. But that is MY opinion and it seems to be shared by alot of people here.

Your opinion is differant, your entitled to that opinion.

The differance is im not going to criticise and call you ignorant for having an opinion different to mine.

Have a nice day.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm keeping it short and simple and (ohmygoshilguu!) on/off-topic.

Had it coming. Who honestly thought this wouldn't happen?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
I heard several people laughing at the Blair Witch project, but that was just because the film was so shit it was laughable, does that mean it was a good comedy too? I think not.
I think the argument is over, you are just clutching at straws and not even coming up with points worth discussing,
i suggest you read this back to yourself and you will realise why it is a silly comment to make
To be frank it sounds to me like you havent even seen the movie

Incidently, 69% of people can make up statistic on the spot to try and argue 49% of points, so I think your 90% of rehashed comedies might be 38% of the mark. But hey, at least we still have 10% of new and originals ideas coming through, but Borat certainly is not in there.
I said 90% as a generalisation... now you are nit picking because you have no argument, we going to a hatrick of points that have no real substance

And no, comedy is not going down hill just because of my 'ignorant' view that Borat is shit. My own opinion, which I thought I was entitled to just like every other human being, and that these forums are here for us to express them in, is that comedy is going down hill fast and has been for a long time.
To me the evidence is blatantly obvious, you do not even need to look hard to see it. But that is MY opinion and it seems to be shared by alot of people here.

Your opinion is differant, your entitled to that opinion.

The differance is im not going to criticise and call you ignorant for having an opinion different to mine.

Have a nice day.
Ah there it is #3, if you cant win the argument go on a rant about how everyone has their own opinion

Ah the joys of hypocracy(sp?)
Kagato said:
Maybe in a few years let one of them out the house once they learn a thing or two and burn the rest down in the BB house.
So you basically are saying he should be killed just because they arent in line with your opinion,
victems (hello
Kazakhstan)
you also make assumptions with no factual basis, from your comments as i said before it sounds to me you havent even seen it and yet are the first to critisise it, all the villagers in the movie were paid to be there and the country has seen a tourism boom i fail to see the "innocent victims" in your example
The cinema's i saw it in almost everyone was laughing, and im sure the same scene was mimicked in many more cinema's

THAT is why you have a ignorant opinion,
to reiterate the point
Dictionary.com said:
ig‧no‧rant  /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
The cinema's i saw it in almost everyone was laughing, and im sure the same scene was mimicked in many more cinema's

Not getting involved to much anymore as this all comes down to your own opinion and nobody will change the other... BUT... this comment doesnt make much sense to me.

The reason for this is almost everyone that goes to the cinema to see it will already know if they like him or not. If they like him they would go, and of course they be laughing. The people that wouldnt laugh are the ones that wouldnt even bother going to see it in the first place.

The last thing im going to say is this. Out of all my mates that been to see it, most of them up to the age of 21/22 liked it, those of that over the age didnt like it/him. But that may just be the group of people that i know and may be different for others. There were a couple exceptions but in general it was like that.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
I think the argument is over, you are just clutching at straws and not even coming up with points worth discussing,
i suggest you read this back to yourself and you will realise why it is a silly comment to make
To be frank it sounds to me like you havent even seen the movie

I said 90% as a generalisation... now you are nit picking because you have no argument, we going to a hatrick of points that have no real substance

Ah there it is #3, if you cant win the argument go on a rant about how everyone has their own opinion

Ah the joys of hypocracy(sp?)

So you basically are saying he should be killed just because they arent in line with your opinion,

you also make assumptions with no factual basis, from your comments as i said before it sounds to me you havent even seen it and yet are the first to critisise it, all the villagers in the movie were paid to be there and the country has seen a tourism boom i fail to see the "innocent victims" in your example

THAT is why you have a ignorant opinion,
to reiterate the point

Right I see, so your allowed to make a generalisation, yet if I make a generalisation it automatically means im lacking in an arguement?

Your arrogance knows no bounds it seems.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
Right I see, so your allowed to make a generalisation, yet if I make a generalisation it automatically means im lacking in an arguement?

Your arrogance knows no bounds it seems.
i fail to see how you have generalised in any of the things i quoted you on,
they are very specific to one person/group set

This is going nowhere, so i will leave it that rather than give you an excuse to have a mud slinging match

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
i fail to see how you have generalised in any of the things i quoted you on,
they are very specific to one person/group set

This is going nowhere, so i will leave it that rather than give you an excuse to have a mud slinging match

Give ME and excuse for a mud slinging match? you have been the aggressor all along attacking ME for having MY own opinion rather then simply picking fault with the opinion itself which is all I have done.

Funny how you can go around attacking and calling people ignorant over and over and then accuse them of wanting to mud sling.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
I'm keeping it short and simple and (ohmygoshilguu!) on/off-topic.

Had it coming. Who honestly thought this wouldn't happen?

I can't fathom how he never got stabbed in NYC.

But I do have to agree, it was going to happen at some point or another.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse i have to say that i don't think he deserved it, just expected.

Lucky guy i'd say, he's been doing a lot of stuff and where i was born, he'd probably stopped after show nr.1 for "technical" difficulties ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom