WTF? New series? :O

EDIT:

GAMZOMG! Must watch!

Yeah!

I'll leave you to your own devices as to how to obtain it, but its worth it :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Corran said:
Enough said if you are small minded aye.

I dont like a comedian you like! Get a life
I dont like a tv show you like! Get a life
I dont like the colour blue and you do! Get a life

Really, this is a kind of pointless shit comment you made. I like comedy, but real comedy. Not someone acting like a complete idiot. Give me the likes of Monty Python, Only fools and horses etc etc. That is comedy, this guy just feeds of the fact that most kids are idiotic, hence the likes of Jackass.

Maybe im old fashioned in my comedy taste, but if you look at todays society then no wonder he does well (7yr olds thinking that them forcing a girl to have sex acts simulated on them is fun, happy slapping is apparently funny even though some people get seriously injured etc etc).

I agree with this completely i don't find borat funny i prefer comedy that makes you think abit borat really bores me, and im suprised this is the first time he has been slapped really.

eksdee

FH is my second home
people who don't get borat are fucking morons, the end. it's not comedy standards that are dropping, it's the intelligence of the general population. people who find borat offensive are the same kind of idiots who don't find chris morris/armando ianucci funny.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
eksdee said:
people who don't get borat are fucking morons, the end. it's not comedy standards that are dropping, it's the intelligence of the general population. people who find borat offensive are the same kind of idiots who don't find chris morris/armando ianucci funny.

No need to go that far like.

But people berating him and the "Humour you have to think about" honestly half the time isn't even worth the bother.

Humours supposed to be punchy, not something you sit there and analyze because for me that completely sucks out everything comedys supposed to be like.

Saying "Borat shows how low humour has gotten" EXCUSE ME, but intellectual humour is a NEW THING for fucks sake. Don't feed me bullshit saying how your intellectual humour is far superior, i'd rather see someone dressed as an idiot and saying FUNNY THINGS, rather that some clean cut tosser in a suit.

Humours what you make of it, but saying "Mr Cohen deserved it" is complete and utter shit talk, you make yourself out to be a bigger tit than he is. He realises the dangers of doing this and takes it in his stride.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Problem is modern comedy is just 'cheap', they go for cheap laughs by being either crude in public, repulsive or by just targetting easy victems (hello
Kazakhstan). Maybe in a few years let one of them out the house once they learn a thing or two and burn the rest down in the BB house.

Personally i'd rate people like Bob monkhouse or Jim davidson better then the whole lot of them put together.

Bob Monkhouse maybe but Jim Davidson was a lot more offensive is his own way than Borat - Remember Chalkie??

eksdee

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
Humours supposed to be punchy, not something you sit there and analyze because for me that completely sucks out everything comedys supposed to be like.

if you need to analyze, then you're obviously a bit too dim for it.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Sharma said:
No need to go that far like.

But people berating him and the "Humour you have to think about" honestly half the time isn't even worth the bother.

Saying "Borat shows how low humour has gotten" EXCUSE ME, but intellectual humour is a NEW THING for fucks sake. Don't feed me bullshit saying how your intellectual humour is far superior, i'd rather see someone dressed as an idiot and saying FUNNY THINGS, rather that some clean cut tosser in a suit.

Humours what you make of it, but saying "Mr Cohen deserved it" is complete and utter shit talk, you make yourself out to be a bigger tit than he is. He realises the dangers of doing this and takes it in his stride.

I just used him as example of the mindset of the modern day, he used to push the limits with Ali G (which was ok at times) however now i feel he goes even further. I just dont find him funny and that my right. Make me a moron like some people think? No! Such a comment just highlights their own mental weaknesses.

The way he acts it was a matter of time, the fact he kept pushing at it (even friends warned him off from doing it when not filming) just makes me believe he deserved it. Once again my own thought.

And please, 10 years ago you did not have people going around assaulting people and recording it as they believed it was funny. Unlike in the modern day. Standards have changed as to what people deem acceptable. By people i mean youths mainly. Maybe putting Borat into that bracket may be a bit harsh BUT that is the main demographic area that they are aiming for with this form of humour, once more that is just my opinion.

Oh and I never stated that "my" intellectual humour is far superior. Dont actually think anyone has. But if you reflect on what youth deems as "comical" now days... well i dont need to say much about that as it so plan to see.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
If you look at crap like Jackass and Dirty Sanchez thats "comedy" at its lowest. Just get a clue before you post crap.

Can opinions differ or is this not allowed anymore? I don't look at Jackass or the likes, yet I still have a fond dislike for Borat. I don't know why, he just doesn't amuse me. Call it the odd Belgian nature. Now, if this is a reason to 'let me get a clue', I suggest you just fuck off then.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Borat never did anything which deserves a beating. You may find his comedy stupid, but actually the only thing he's doing is to show you how stupid people are who he's dealing with.

If the people believe that Borat is a real guy from Kazakstan and he's asking silly question, why would you beat him up. That's just retarded.

People like "the funny racist" are the ones that deserve a beating imo, not Borat.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
From BBC News site: A FOREIGN exchange firm is thanking Borat for sparking a surge in travel to Kazakhstan. Travelex has ordered £500,000 worth of its Tenge currency to cope with the boom and a spokesman said: “It’s down to Borat.”

So they won't be so pissed off at him now I'm guessing.

Cohen is great comedy satire.

All time greatest comedies:

Balckadder, Father Ted, Police Squad, Fawlty Towers, Life of Brian, The Party ('birdy numb numb', still cracks me up), Morcombe & Wise (breakfast sketch is a classic), Black Books, Two pints of lager...., The young ones, filthy rich and catflap, Bottom, The Comic Strip presents (all 5 films) and shit loads more.

Hates bland US crap. Although did laugh quite a bit when watching 'Two and a half men' on an airplane recently. Sad but true.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I always wondered how people are able to initiate wars about the "my god is better than your god" discussion. Reading some of the posts here, I start to understand. :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Bob Monkhouse maybe but Jim Davidson was a lot more offensive is his own way than Borat - Remember Chalkie??

Where have I complained about him being offensive?

I don't give a shit about him being offensive, heck im quite offensive myself at times. I just think he is shit.

I don't care that its satire, I don't care that its offensive, I love plenty of comedy that is both satire and/or offensive.

Comedy that pokes fun at political correctness and beliefs are often the best !

I just think borat is an extremely poor, bottom of the barrel and cheaply done example of the genre. He is not funny, its all predictable and theres far far better comedians who can manage satire and the whole genre far better and at least be pretty smart and clever about it.

All he does is act (or perhaps it does not need much acting) stupid with equally dumb or narrow minded people and hope that the end result might get some laughs.

Gamah

Banned
Yshynsin said:
my school

Although, The Office is complete shite,

Maybe because you need to have worked or work in an office to get most of the humour?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
eksdee said:
This made me laugh out loud. You're serious?? Those that don't get it are morons? His humour is so simple I'd say only morons get it to be quite honest, and seeing as he's immensly popular, your statement of the intelligence of the general public dropping might actually be true.

PS.
No offence to anyone with or without a lower than average IQ, and none to anyone liking or disliking borat intended, except to the one written the above quoted post.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Kagato said:
I just think borat is an extremely poor, bottom of the barrel and cheaply done example of the genre. He is not funny, its all predictable and theres far far better comedians who can manage satire and the whole genre far better and at least be pretty smart and clever about it.
Just because you dont like it doesnt make it any less smart or clever,
he exposes social prejudices(sp?) in (imo) a hilarious way
Are you saying the chaplins were stupid because " all they did was sketches of hitting each other"
He is very clever in sense that he got laughs from unsuspecting "actors". Its a hell of alot harder to get people you pulled off the street to turn the situation into a funny sketch than it is to stand on a stage with a pre-planned sketch

You quite obviously havent seen the movie, alot of it was completely random, so how could you possibly predict it?

All he does is act (or perhaps it does not need much acting) stupid with equally dumb or narrow minded people and hope that the end result might get some laughs.
Oh noes, he is god forbid... ACTING!
how does that fact have any relation whatsoever on the end result.. <warning i am about to shatter your perception of reality> most comedians dont act the way they do on tv or in their shows irl

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
You quite obviously havent seen the movie, alot of it was completely random, so how could you possibly predict it?

Considering he spoke to most the people before filming began it isnt that random, he also is now facing a lot of different law suits over the movie and a small example of them are as follows:

Exploitation, Humiliation, loss of earnings, damages due to depression caused from aftermath of antics <tv producer went into depression when job was threatened due to his antics when booked on show>, loss of business etc etc.

This is just a small snippet of the problems he has caused from just his film, i am not even going to say anything more about that other then he acts like a virus and with his exploitation (ask the Kazakhstan town in the film) does nothing but cause harm to his "Co-actors".

IF the people involved were totally clued at what he was doing to them then he would be on the dole. However, because they fed only a little information on what need to do and then inticed to do it they look the fool, some people find him/them funny and dont worry about the consequences.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Corran said:
Considering he spoke to most the people before filming began it isnt that random, he also is now facing a lot of different law suits over the movie
in the movie it was tho, there was only a certain ammount that was organised and even the majorty of them werent revealed until immediately before they cut to the scene
Without knowing which parts were staged and which werent it is a little difficult to judge tbh, i think the
Antiques store
must have been staged tho, simply because of the costs involved if he really did break all of that

I also would be interested to see the source of the info you just posted, i dont recall reading at least half of that in the papers

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
I also would be interested to see the source of the info you just posted, i dont recall reading at least half of that in the papers

Some from the papers (The Sun has got a fair bit info today in it), and some from various other areas which i dont have handy. If im going to argue about something I try to get some information straight.

The main people that are going to be pushing for a law suit are the Kazakhstan village in the movie. They were only paid £3 ... yes £3 for there part in the movie.
They had no real understanding what was happening to them but with only 4 people from the 1000 person village in employment they jumped at it. That how they were such an easy target. They feal cheated, exploited and humiliated (the guy had no idea what they put inplace of his arm which he had lost in an accident for example).
The older members are trying to get money together to get a lawyer, but with them being so financially poor they probably dont stand much a chance. I hate people that take advantage of people in such a bad situation and that is what he has done there. No matter what else he does he has ben tainted now and cant find hunour in abusing others misfortune.... thing is he ok as most people dont think about/look into this kind of thing.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Corran said:
Some from the papers (The Sun has got a fair bit info today in it), and some from various other areas which i dont have handy. If im going to argue about something I try to get some information straight.
I personally dont give much weight to anything the Sun publish to be honest as they almost always put some sort of spin on it so its more than likely it isnt as big as they claim ;)
but then it is a comic book paper i guess

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Considering he spoke to most the people before filming began it isnt that random, he also is now facing a lot of different law suits over the movie and a small example of them are as follows:

I think miss the point that most of these law suits are just further publicity gimmics for the movie. From the sound of it everyone who took part in the film signed a release note, and once youve done that it doesnt matter how big a prat you made of yourself or others, the law is on Cohens side and anyone attempting to make more cash of it is just fueling the marketing and making themsleves look even sillier.

As for the villagers, they got 3 quid each and im sure there are lots of poor villages around the world that would appreicate that. Not like they actualy did anything in the movie, or where onscreen for more than a few seconds.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
borat was a shit character untill the film came out.

i only really laughed at the bits where he took the piss out of american ways.

pretty much the whole film.

hes allowed to knock the jewish, he is jewish. part of jewish humour is taking the piss out of your self, you can read that on wikipedia.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yshynsin said:
Couldn't agree more.

I do find Borat funny, and Ali G, probably i find Ali G the best is because there is about 5 people in my school just like him unknowingly.

Although, The Office and this bloody Catherine tate is complete shite, i had never found them funny. I would like to see more Faulty Towers, Deffo Monty Python and Harry Enfield.

Can't stand any of the ones you listed, I find Borat, Ali G, Little Britian and The Office hilarious, though. ;-o

Himse

FH is my second home
DocWolfe said:
Borat is a fucking satire you morons, its meant to be offensive its the only way it gets into peoples heads. In the film you saw just how rude people are to foreigners and foreign cultures. I doubt if you have ever read "A Modest Proposal". The whole premise that Sasha Baron Cohen is jewish and yet he portays them as evil, adds to the satire as it allows him to poke fun at anti-semites in his own way by talking Hebrew right in front of them- this is in its self is humorous as it shows how predudice is based on peoples lack of understanding (as these people dont even realise the language).

Like when he's in America and he tries to shake this guys hand and he basically runs off, or when he's on the train and he gets abused because he tries to start up a conversation.

If you look at crap like Jackass and Dirty Sanchez thats "comedy" at its lowest. Just get a clue before you post crap.

Agree, shows how society is today tbh, he is just taking the piss.

When i went to the Maldives, everyone you meet says hello or w/e. Come back to the UK and its like, WHAT THE FUCK YOU LOOKING AT or something similar.

All you people who don't find him funny maybe need to see outside the box a little.

Himse

FH is my second home
Corran said:

Exploitation, Humiliation, loss of earnings, damages due to depression caused from aftermath of antics <tv producer went into depression when job was threatened due to his antics when booked on show>, loss of business etc etc.

This is just a small snippet of the problems he has caused from just his film, i am not even going to say anything more about that other then he acts like a virus and with his exploitation (ask the Kazakhstan town in the film) does nothing but cause harm to his "Co-actors".

IF the people involved were totally clued at what he was doing to them then he would be on the dole. However, because they fed only a little information on what need to do and then inticed to do it they look the fool, some people find him/them funny and dont worry about the consequences.

Christ nobody can take a fucking joke anymore, lighten up you silly old twit.

What do stand up's do? Take the piss out of general day to day things, he does exactly the same, he is trying to convey a very powerful message within his film, the way society is today is a fucking disgrace.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
This made me laugh out loud. You're serious?? Those that don't get it are morons? His humour is so simple I'd say only morons get it to be quite honest, and seeing as he's immensly popular, your statement of the intelligence of the general public dropping might actually be true.

PS.
No offence to anyone with or without a lower than average IQ, and none to anyone liking or disliking borat intended, except to the one written the above quoted post.

way to make yourself look even more stupid. there are different levels to it, like all good comedy - take monty python as the perfect example, plenty of people think it's funny because it's outrageous or 'whacky', but really, the true comedy is in the nuances of what is being said and so forth. do you even consider the fact that sacha baron cohen is a jew, then consider his humour? it is blatently obvious satire to anyone with half a brain, which is why it's laughable, annoying and ridiculous that people call it simple humour.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
I personally dont give much weight to anything the Sun publish to be honest as they almost always put some sort of spin on it so its more than likely it isnt as big as they claim ;)
but then it is a comic book paper i guess

Aye i agree, take everything in that with a pinch of salt. Like "all" papers they put their own spin on it. Just stating that they had further information today which they putting a spin on. But they not hte only media that had information since film came out. The only thing the Sun is really good for is the sporting information.

Boni said:
I think miss the point that most of these law suits are just further publicity gimmics for the movie. From the sound of it everyone who took part in the film signed a release note, and once youve done that it doesnt matter how big a prat you made of yourself or others, the law is on Cohens side and anyone attempting to make more cash of it is just fueling the marketing and making themsleves look even sillier.

As for the villagers, they got 3 quid each and im sure there are lots of poor villages around the world that would appreicate that. Not like they actualy did anything in the movie, or where onscreen for more than a few seconds.

They will be spun into publicity and will indeed work that way. HOWEVER, no matter what you signed certain practices carried out on that material will be left open to the courts. If you take something someone wiling let them filmed then turn it into something completely different to what was agreed you will lose the court battle and being paying out damages.

Himse said:
Christ nobody can take a fucking joke anymore, lighten up you silly old twit.

What do stand up's do? Take the piss out of general day to day things, he does exactly the same, he is trying to convey a very powerful message within his film, the way society is today is a fucking disgrace.

And I can take a joke and Im "lightened up" enough as is, much to the upset of my collegues at times. I love a good bit of humour and i dont deem this as a good joke. Depending on what is the truth on the matter on how he came about his material will dictate how much of a low view of him i have, but no matter what i just dont find him that funny personnally.

And dont really see him trying to do much with his movie other then make money. I bet if he had a choice of using it to try "mend the wrongs" he portrays or to take the money he would pick the money. But then that just my thoughts of him. He just uses the disgrace of society to his benefit. Sure good on him in a way for doing so, but doesnt mean i have to find it funny and if he pushes people to be able to laugh at their expense and they take offence to it then it does serve him right. HOWEVER we dont know exactly what he said to the guy that beat the shit out of him therefore cant really say if the guy was wrong or not to do so.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Just because you dont like it doesnt make it any less smart or clever,
he exposes social prejudices(sp?) in (imo) a hilarious way
Are you saying the chaplins were stupid because " all they did was sketches of hitting each other"
He is very clever in sense that he got laughs from unsuspecting "actors". Its a hell of alot harder to get people you pulled off the street to turn the situation into a funny sketch than it is to stand on a stage with a pre-planned sketch

Oh noes, he is god forbid... ACTING!
how does that fact have any relation whatsoever on the end result.. <warning i am about to shatter your perception of reality> most comedians dont act the way they do on tv or in their shows irl

Social prejudice hardly needs anymore exposing, we all know its there we all see it, its hardly anything new, and no he does not do it in a hilarious way he does it in a dull and predictable fashion you can see coming from a mile off. He is just rehashing the already well trodden path covered by far superior people long before him.

And I know full well most comedians are different to their characters, but if he was half as smart as any of the good comedians of the past, then his material would be far far better then this shit he is currently pumping out and calling 'funny'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom