Borat attacked :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
serves him right, im amazed people actually find him funny, comedy standards are dropping terribly, or maybe people are just easier to please now.

Corran

Part of the furniture
He is a twat, pure and simple. And im surprised he didnt get this treatment before. How this is classed as comedy i dont know. Give it a year and channel four will probably start having a "happy slapping" show!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
They should just stick him, that stupid tate woman, the little britain wierdos and all the other so called modern comedians, in the big brother house. Turn off all the cameras and just let them rot in their until they learn how to be funny.

Problem is modern comedy is just 'cheap', they go for cheap laughs by being either crude in public, repulsive or by just targetting easy victems (hello
Kazakhstan). Maybe in a few years let one of them out the house once they learn a thing or two and burn the rest down in the BB house.

Personally i'd rate people like Bob monkhouse or Jim davidson better then the whole lot of them put together.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
They should just stick him, that stupid tate woman, the little britain wierdos and all the other so called modern comedians, in the big brother house. Turn off all the cameras and just let them rot in their until they learn how to be funny.

Problem is modern comedy is just 'cheap', they go for cheap laughs by being either crude in public, repulsive or by just targetting easy victems (hello
Kazakhstan). Maybe in a few years let one of them out the house once they learn a thing or two and burn the rest down in the BB house.

Personally i'd rate people like Bob monkhouse or Jim davidson better then the whole lot of them put together.

not like borat is new, pretty use he has used that charekter for years now in he's ali g show.. Some of it i find funny but most of it is just so stupid i cba to watch it :)
not like jackass is much better when it is coming to "cheap" laughs :p an i love jackass!!

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Borat is a fucking satire you morons, its meant to be offensive its the only way it gets into peoples heads. In the film you saw just how rude people are to foreigners and foreign cultures. I doubt if you have ever read "A Modest Proposal". The whole premise that Sasha Baron Cohen is jewish and yet he portays them as evil, adds to the satire as it allows him to poke fun at anti-semites in his own way by talking Hebrew right in front of them- this is in its self is humorous as it shows how predudice is based on peoples lack of understanding (as these people dont even realise the language).

Like when he's in America and he tries to shake this guys hand and he basically runs off, or when he's on the train and he gets abused because he tries to start up a conversation.

If you look at crap like Jackass and Dirty Sanchez thats "comedy" at its lowest. Just get a clue before you post crap.

Everz

FH is my second home
Kagato and co need to find a life.. borat is funny nuff said

Ezteq

Queen of OT
personally not my cup of tea but i can see why people find him funny, i do too in small doses however i do wish people would stop proclaiming little sodding britain and the bloody office as being "the best british comedy ever" err helloo monty python, blackadder, faulty towers, the goons etc etc etc, before you say someone is sooo cutting edge and original just look back a couple of decades and see where they got their inspiration, its usually better :D

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
The Office is amazing

Borat is hilarious

nuff said :england:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
And I suppose they werent running away due to the fact their was a camera crew stood behind him and it was blatently obvious they would be filming him to take the piss out of on TV.

Which is pretty much the reaction many people have when they see someone with a microphone in their hands and a camera crew behind them looking for someone to interview even here in the UK with english reporters.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Eversmallx said:
Kagato and co need to find a life.. borat is funny nuff said

Enough said if you are small minded aye.

I dont like a comedian you like! Get a life
I dont like a tv show you like! Get a life
I dont like the colour blue and you do! Get a life

Really, this is a kind of pointless shit comment you made. I like comedy, but real comedy. Not someone acting like a complete idiot. Give me the likes of Monty Python, Only fools and horses etc etc. That is comedy, this guy just feeds of the fact that most kids are idiotic, hence the likes of Jackass.

Maybe im old fashioned in my comedy taste, but if you look at todays society then no wonder he does well (7yr olds thinking that them forcing a girl to have sex acts simulated on them is fun, happy slapping is apparently funny even though some people get seriously injured etc etc).

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
Enough said if you are small minded aye.

I dont like a comedian you like! Get a life
I dont like a tv show you like! Get a life
I dont like the colour blue and you do! Get a life

Really, this is a kind of pointless shit comment you made. I like comedy, but real comedy. Not someone acting like a complete idiot. Give me the likes of Monty Python, Only fools and horses etc etc. That is comedy, this guy just feeds of the fact that most kids are idiotic, hence the likes of Jackass.

Maybe im old fashioned in my comedy taste, but if you look at todays society then no wonder he does well (7yr olds thinking that them forcing a girl to have sex acts simulated on them is fun, happy slapping is apparently funny even though some people get seriously injured etc etc).

Monty Python... someone acting like an idiot... what?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I love Borat.

The fact that he takes the piss out of certain "groups" to show the massive prejudice that is rife in todays society is hilarious.

You can't be "funny" these days without offending anyone, so I think anyone with the balls to flip the birdie at the PC-limp-wristedness is fantastic.

I loved the bit with the feminists, they deserve a good ripping, stupid bints. :p

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if the people here critisising the film have watched it. I dont usualy like him, but I found the film hilarious, and the comedy was squarely aimed at americans and himself. I didnt find any of it in the least offensive just really funney, and that wasnt what I was expecting before I watched it myself..

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
I loved the bit with the feminists, they deserve a good ripping, stupid bints. :p

Was good, but had nothing on singing the Kazakstan national anthem to all those hardcore patriots :D

*ahem*

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
havn't seen the movie yet but i think i will - i dont expect to be entertained through the whole film because candid camera humour isnt my type of humour (jackass is fun to me but so is fawlty towers and monthy python and alot more :p).

he knew it was possible that he would get assaulted like that, or atleast he should imo because doing things like that can make people uncomfortable and some people (as said in article) reacts strongly in such situations :eek:

Kagato said:
(hello
Kazakhstan)
why is kazakhstan an easy victim? Iraq or any middle east muslim country wouldn't do too well, and he can hardly pose as negro (african), european countries isn't a good choice and asia can be troublesome as well... the ex- soviet countries is the best option for him to pass as if you ask me. not to pick an easy target -.-

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
If youre gonna say ANYTHING about whats in a movie, you need to remember not everyones seen it yet, silly! *slap*

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
personally not my cup of tea but i can see why people find him funny, i do too in small doses however i do wish people would stop proclaiming little sodding britain and the bloody office as being "the best british comedy ever" err helloo monty python, blackadder, faulty towers, the goons etc etc etc, before you say someone is sooo cutting edge and original just look back a couple of decades and see where they got their inspiration, its usually better :D

Couldn't agree more.

I do find Borat funny, and Ali G, probably i find Ali G the best is because there is about 5 people in my school just like him unknowingly.

Although, The Office and this bloody Catherine tate is complete shite, i had never found them funny. I would like to see more Faulty Towers, Deffo Monty Python and Harry Enfield.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Some people have to take everything literally ... thats why satire/observationalist comedy is so misunderstood as some people see it as a personal attack :touch:

Thank god they dont let people with such small minds get in positions of power .... oh w8 :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Yshynsin said:
Although, The Office and this bloody Catherine tate is complete shite, i had never found them funny. I would like to see more Faulty Towers, Deffo Monty Python and Harry Enfield.

The sad thing is, if anything remotely like Monty Python was aired in this day and age, it'd be banned quicker than Dorimor's other accounts. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom