News Bombs in Oslo!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I hope someone shoots him during that public statement. I'd never normally wish death on anyone but I think I can make an exception for this twat.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
a mod needs to remove all this this madmans links to stuff.

I'm considering this. I'm not really inclined to have FH link to that kind of shit, even if it is conceptually.

that aside:

these events are really horrible. my thoughts go out to those affected.

bainteor

Banned
I hope someone shoots him during that public statement. I'd never normally wish death on anyone but I think I can make an exception for this twat.

That would be a tragedy, I'd rather see him suffer the rest of his days in isolation than get an easy way out. Also, we need information from him. Reminds me of Oswald, the fact that he was shot leaves so many unanswered questions.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I think the scary thing is that apparently the max prison sentence he can server is 21 years

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
He'll die before then. Prisons are dangerous places. "accidents" can happen. Either that or he'll top himself.

Logi

Part of the furniture
I think the scary thing is that apparently the max prison sentence he can server is 21 years

it will probably be 14 years with good behaviour...

edit: but his life is allrdy over, he'll never be safe when he gets out

Chosen

Resident Freddy

On paper then 21 years is the max yes, but in reality he will probably serve close to lifetime in the prison.

If you do something extreme, you might be put back up to court again after the 21 years, and they can imprisonate you for another 21 years. This can go til lifetime in the most extreme cases!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's the Swiss that got a gun in every household(that served in the military).

It's terrible shit like this happens, and it's kinda scary that the first conclusion people draw is Muslims, despite all evidence saying otherwise. I even saw a newspaper try to link what is obviously right-wing extremism to Al-Qaeda. I sincerely doubt they'd go out of their way to target Labour youths.

Sympathies to the dead, but I'd like to pick on this. I noticed the first page of the thread leaning towards this as well.

Extremists are everywhere, just because Islam is at the heart of most of what is reported now does not mean other groups don't exist anymore. It's not that long ago when we in England had the IRA to worry about. I remember growing up with no bins in London because you couldn't trust some fucker not to put a bomb in it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Aye, probably is sane and if so I don't know whats worse, the fact he's perfectly sane and did this or the fact he picked children to get his twisted message across.... makes him no different than fucking terrorists which is ironic given his reasons for doing it.

No different from terrorists - because he is one.

Why in your opinion is he not? Skin colour? Religion? I think people need to check the definition of a terrorist.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
The arsehole even used JHPs (hollow point bullets) for maxium damage, what a fucking nutjob.

If you don't know what JHPs are or what they do, they expand on impact and don't exit at the other side. So the bullet is much bigger and blunt / sharp and not piercing if you like, and will cause much more damage / blood loss as you can imagine ... I really hope he gets tortured in prison, imo there is no way he will make it out alive ...

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Spent the majority of the weekend glued to BBC News 24 watching this story, completely tragic event.

The guy needs to be completely ignored / whacked in isolation for the rest of his life, the media needs to give him / his message as little coverage as possible.

What has angered me this weekend though is Amy Winehouse dying and everybody giving it the old "RIP Amy Winehouse" and compeltely ignoring the fact that 90+ people have been pretty much slaughtered..

/rant off

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would say diminished responsibility (or the Norwegian equivalent) is out of the window, though.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
well he wants his time in court to get his message across, so I doubt he'll be going for diminished responsiblity.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
What has angered me this weekend though is Amy Winehouse dying and everybody giving it the old "RIP Amy Winehouse" and compeltely ignoring the fact that 90+ people have been pretty much slaughtered..

It is only natural. These 90 people in Norway are faceless and nameless. I never knew any of them even existed.

It's like when a character you like dies in a TV show or movie. Just because you don't personally know them (and they're not even real), you saw the character building. Same thing with Amy Winehouse having her whole life put in the papers. Her fans feel like they've seen her live her life, so it's much easier to feel something for her than 90 Norwegians they've never heard of.

Also, you are a bit contradictory because there are of course even worse things going on around the world, you just find it easier to feel something because Norway is a First World country.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
It is only natural. These 90 people in Norway are faceless and nameless. I never knew any of them even existed.

It's like when a character you like dies in a TV show or movie. Just because you don't personally know them (and they're not even real), you saw the character building. Same thing with Amy Winehouse having her whole life put in the papers. Her fans feel like they've seen her live her life, so it's much easier to feel something for her than 90 Norwegians they've never heard of.

Also, you are a bit contradictory because there are of course even worse things going on around the world, you just find it easier to feel something because Norway is a First World country.

No I feel alot for all the third world countries too etc, however my comparison was between the two news stories people are latching more so onto the fact that amy winehouse is dead...

no matter, I guess it goes down to the old saying 1 death is a tragedy etc and 1000 is just a statistic..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Compare the china train wreck and norway replies, quite the different tone for a similar sized incidents(from a death/injury pov).

But caring more about more local events is natural as you said. Contradiction and hypocrisy go quite firmly into basic human programming.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
well I don't give a fuck about amy whinehouse and i feel a deep sadness for all those lefty metrosexual kids that were slaughtered at that save the world camp.

Check out george carlins take on disasters and there realation to distance.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In my opinion the present outcome was inevitable because:
  1. The media and the general populous in the UK are obsessed with celebrity.
  2. This tragedy happened in another country.
I think it shows more about how awful our media is in the UK than anything else.
I had two friends on that island aswell, I know one of them is well atm. But there havent been much information released yet.
Have you heard from them yet Chosen? I sincerely hope that they're both ok.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Have you heard from them yet Chosen? I sincerely hope that they're both ok.

Well, only one of them! He have been on quite alot of interviews already, telling how he pretended to be dead, lying on one corpse and having two other corpses above him. This because everyone else responded to the killer when he said he was from the police and everyone is safe(before he gunned them down again).

The other one, I got no news from yet. Most of the names have yet to be released, but most likely he is dead!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
That's horrible :(

Adrian is the guy that played dead no? listened to his interview a few times - mentioned being able to smell the barrel of the gun if i remember correctly - must've been the scariest feeling in the world.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
That's horrible :(

Adrian is the guy that played dead no? listened to his interview a few times - mentioned being able to smell the barrel of the gun if i remember correctly - must've been the scariest feeling in the world.

Yeah, he is the one!

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Well I sincerely hope your other friend is found alive and not too emotional scarred by the event.

And my thoughts go out to the families and friends of all those affected and the Norwegian people as this must be a very tough time as a nation.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So psychopaths can't be cool and calculated?

As I said, rarely although it is hard to see how a sane person could do such a thing.

Most of the news is little more than guess work or rehashing of the same stuff they said before, even if they didn't I think the story by the media isn't viewed in the same way as Amy's is which is sad but welcome to the cult of celebrity.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Yes because this thread really doesn't exist, so clearly we don't care...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't sound insane to me. Not schizophrenic or such. More like a delusional psychopath with several personality abnormalities. Not curable.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't sound insane to me. Not schizophrenic or such. More like a delusional psychopath with several personality abnormalities. Not curable.

Also he quotes extensively from The Daily Mail.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Had to leave the room today when the late news came on.. All we hear about in Denmark is this terrible sadness and tonight I just couldnt take it anymore! I read the online news several times a day and watch the news any time I get the opportunity and the last couple of days have been horrible :(

My condolences go out to anyone who have lost a person close to them and the family and friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom