bob is GONE

Poag

m00?
This is it tho. Goons were really bothered about the name change, infact they liked the BOBR because it ment they could call them beavers :>

What annoyed most of the Goons and, it appears, pretty much everyone else. Was that CCP was again showing its corruption towards Kenny/BOB.

The name change wasn't really the issue, the method behind it was...avoiding the Fee and Sov loss...and flat out lieing/deception as to the date Kenny was formed.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
This is it tho. Goons were really bothered about the name change, infact they liked the BOBR because it ment they could call them beavers :>

What annoyed most of the Goons and, it appears, pretty much everyone else. Was that CCP was again showing its corruption towards Kenny/BOB.

The name change wasn't really the issue, the method behind it was...avoiding the Fee and Sov loss...and flat out lieing/deception as to the date Kenny was formed.

Yeah I can see their point. I never had the facts in this instance and CCP were wrong to do what they did. But seriously how stupid can CCP be?

Poag

m00?
Woops, just noticed I wrote were istead of were not....can't edit it now :/

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Woops, just noticed I wrote were istead of were not....can't edit it now :/

I did get what you mean btw I honestly don't think Goons really cared that much ;)

Interesting point from Jade Constantine

So we have COW = alliance disbanded and BOB = alliance disbanded.

(these things are the same.)

In COW's case an enemy took the opportunity to register the name Cult of War to prevent the COW founders from re-establishing their alliance name.

In BOB's case an enemy took the opportunity to register the name Band of Brothers to prevent the BOB founders from re-establishing their alliance name.

(these things are also the same).

In COW's case the founders decided to petition CCP to get their name back.

In BOB's case the founders decided to petition CCP to get their name back.

(these things are still the same.)

But then we get a critical difference:

In COW's case the GM's decided to rename the offending blocking alt corp and allow COW to reform with their chosen alliance name restoring equilibrium and resolving the matter.

In BOB's case the GM's decided to wait 2months and then change a completely different alliance into Band of Brothers Reloaded while allowing the offending blocking alt corp to remain as a "trophy" inside of the Goonswarm alliance directly triggering the scandal and froth of the last few days.

This is the critical difference.

Why was this different? Thats the question that needs to be answered. Why was the offending corp in COW's case renamed and yet the Goonswarm alt corp was not? This is not equal and transparent decision-making it looks like bias and improper resolution.

taB

Part of the furniture
Afaik CoW was an unpaid bill accident capitalised on by an enemy whereas BoB was a deliberate action. Is it different? Yes and no :)

In any case I can happily say that I think Jade Constantine is a complete tool who thinks that trying to make a point in 1000 unnecessary words is the correct way to engage people on forums. As such I generally never read the heshe's posts.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
BoB gained sov1 and captured the station in 49-u today :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I have no idea what all this means, just guess work really but I do like following the changes in the big map thingies :D

Me too! So... what happened on the big map thingy? BoB have been on there forever. Boring boring BoB. Weren't they the biggest guild or somesuch?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
GoonSwarm decided to play alittle, they almost made it but i honestly dont think they will now.

BoB has been through to much to just roll over and die because of something like this.

and in the end Goons will have to retake the space they so generously gave away :)

if they actually survive this that is.

Poag

m00?
BoB retakes one system that was left in a hillarious situation [Tower wise]....and people are already calling Goons demise?

Wow, how the tables have turned. Used to be people calling BoBs demise when they lost a system...or another titan.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Any time a large group of Goons mass for anything a count down timer starts

tic...tic...tic

This timer represents the average Goon's attention span, once the timer reaches zero the swarms activity and attendance levels plummet, every time the swarm sees something shiny and attention grabbing the timer is extended by a few seconds, the question atm, is there enough shiny shit going on to keep the blob interested?

tic...tic...tic

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
think Goons is in a much worse situation then BoB is atm.

mostly because Goons HAVE to keep the blob interested enough to keep fighting. when they cant manage that anymore they wont be able to keep sov.

they just cant do this alone. the second BoB realize that Goons are losing ppl there gonna be all over those systems and i dont think Goons will be able to do much about it.

Goons need that nap train, badly.

if BoB start to get some momentum going i think there will be alot of ppl on Goons side that will start to get frustrated and lose interest.

maybe not Goons themself as much as their "allies".

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
It is hard to know really whats happening. Goons are losing ground but they do have solid allies in PL. Say what we like about PL but they are a very decent alliance. Interesting times ahead.

Poag

m00?
Maybe, maybe not...probably not ;) Goons have lost a system agreed, would have been better not to have but they did. They do however have 30odd Kenny pos's coming out fo RF...if they kill most of those they regain the system.

Heres a rather fun conversation from the Kenny and Friends forum.

Ubidak (Kenny): Almost all our dreads are already replaced! We keep moving.

Quote:
4Eburek(SE): Intel rulez.. We could own brosefs caps with our joint KnZ+AAA+Stainwagoon fleet. Why u not asked us? Wrong religion?

Quote:
Alex Knot(SE): Kenny can't adapt that in this war u can do nothing alone without allies.

Quote:
BATCOH (Kenny): Kenny can't adapt that they don't need to ask others what to do. Less of all we need your advices and regrets!

Quote:
igor12(AAA) WTF!? We still allies!

Quote:
4Eburek(SE): Hey, BATCOH if u so cool warriors, maybe we can leave u alone and go riding bikes with minor threat? And u can kill all by yourself.

Quote:
Ubidak(Kenny) We have only one aim. Kick Goons from Delve! As soon as we do it and goons lose thier space, they'll stop playing eve. Darius will say on CAOD that they won in February and they didn't want that crappy region anyway!

Kenny do not appear to want to play with there Allies.
There was another quite good post about recent events and -A-'s attendance on the field, I can't find it now to quote it but it was bascially
*Kenny solo on field, get killed
*AAA on field with Kenny, get blueballed due to even match up/advantage -A-

---

On a more serious note, KenZoku - Corporations - DOTLAN :: EveMaps couple of departures from Kenny recently, same for AAA Against ALL Authorities - Corporations - DOTLAN :: EveMaps

Looks like a new alliance is forming from the AAA leavers, as to there affiliation...dont know yet.

And ofc for comparison GoonSwarm - Corporations - DOTLAN :: EveMaps lots of 1 man corps in and out of Goons recently, probably peoples moon miner networks. I know they purge these corps fairly often.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Absolutely Poag - the one thing about Eve that never ceases to amaze me is just how quickly an alliance can slide. Eve players are a fickle bunch. If they are not getting action or if they are bored they simply drop the alliance and move.

Everyone is affected by this dynamic and I would suggest that Goons, Bob, PL, RAZOR and AAA amongst the others all have the same problem. Just how long can you sustain this kind of activity? Remember that Bob HAVE to get space back. Goons don't. So the question I suppose is who has the most staying power? But then on the flip side of it - Goons actually don't need to have too much as they already have those sov 3 status systems in place.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Remember that Bob HAVE to get space back. Goons don't.

sure, but i still think that Goons is in a worse position then BoB is (saying that doesent mean BoB isnt in a bad position).

even tho BoB havent been in this bad shape before, they certainly have been in quite a few of them. so they probably are used to sitting back and just grind away untill the bulk of whoever the allies of the current enemy they fight start to get bored and look for something new to shoot at.

its probably then BoB will start to be really serious about things.

tho if BoB wants to play it solo, then it is another matter.

as big as they are, they arent the BoB they were 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago.

tho the same can be said about Goons i guess. as far as i know they have both been on a "recruit everything u can" spree. and while numbers are important to some degree, good pilots will always > numbers. and both goons and bob seem to have more numbers then good pilots nowadays.

to many mistakes going on on both sides to just be miscomunication from the FC's.

maybe its time for both of them to depart from EvE?

heres a scary thought. what would happen to EvE if Goons and BoB reformed into 1 alliance? :)

would any part of 0.0 be safe then? :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
That link should be stickied. The most updated influence map is always uploaded to that uri.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
goons build 2 more stations
will be funny to see goons whit 5 constellations sov in delve :lol:

taB

Part of the furniture
Just razor goon pretend we hate each other spam isn't it?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Just razor goon pretend we hate each other spam isn't it?

Yeah it was clearly the usual COAD troll attempt. What surprises me is why people even respond in there.

Almost there with my characters and will be selling them in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom