bob is GONE

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
At the end of the day it was just bad game mechanics that allowed it to happen, nothing more but it might get changed in the future.

i hope not. stuff like this is comedy gold :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
funny article - it shows how eve always manages to grab headlines!

taB

Part of the furniture
Well, Bob is back as Bob Reloaded - or bobr. Rather an unprecedented name change event to be honest. Lots of flaming and whining on the forums for good and bad :)

Threads getting removed instead of just being locked - standard procedure ;)

For curiosity's sake I have e-mailed Internal Affairs at CCP asking them to clarify the whys and wherefores of this. You have to feel quite sorry for the muppets who have spent 1bil on creating an alliance to find they've mis-spelt it and getting told tough shit by CCP.

I fully expect no answer :p.

taB

Part of the furniture
Bugger me, spoke too soon - lol.

CCP Arkanon said:
Hi.

Thanks for your email. This decision was made by the Lead GMs after some discussion and they will release a statement shortly to explain their stance. We are following this matter closely, but at the moment there is nothing to indicate any actual employee misconduct in this case. This is being treated as a matter of GM policy and hopefully the GM team will clarify that in their statement.

Kveðja / Best regards
Ari Eldon – CCP Arkanon
CCP Internal Affairs
EVE-Online CCP Games

Mey

Part of the furniture
he said: "we don't have any advantages, so we can't obey your stupid 'space bushido'. We're going to spy, we're going to use defectors, we're going to lie, cheat, steal and be bastards."

legend!

rynnor

Rockhound
Does anyone agree with CCP helping out Bob on this alliance stuff or does it raise the old spectre of Bob being too close to CCP?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or does it raise the old spectre of Bob being too close to CCP?

this. i dont care what the reasons were for helping them here. they of anyone could afford the 1 bill to reform the alliance.

but it just goes to show that CCP thinks BoB is a important enough actor in the EvE universe to break their own rules when it comes to helping them.

i cant think of any other alliance in EvE thats gotten as much help from CCP as BoB has, anyone else can?

taB

Part of the furniture
Does anyone agree with CCP helping out Bob on this alliance stuff or does it raise the old spectre of Bob being too close to CCP?

Gonna wait till CCP give their reasons for doing it before making my mind on that. It's fishy though :kissit:

Poag

m00?
Goonies are preparing the threadnaught if this explaination isn't up to scratch:p

taB

Part of the furniture
GM Grimmi said:
Yesterday we changed the name of the alliance KenZoku to Band of Brothers Reloaded as the result of a petition by their leadership. It has come to our attention that this was not a popular decision among some of our players and we’d like to take this opportunity to address those issues.

We have previously changed names provided a petition was created within a reasonable timeframe and the situation warranted such action. The leadership of KenZoku/Band of Brothers did petition us immediately after they were disbanded and their name was taken. While we worked on the petition for about two months we do not feel that they should suffer because of that. Having them disband and lose sovereignty again was not deemed appropriate in this case.

This action was limited to changing their name, as we have done before for others - we did not assist them in regaining their sovereignty after the Band of Brothers alliance was disbanded, nor did we assist with that now. Any other corporation or alliance finding themselves in the same situation would get the same treatment.

Well, that's pretty much as expected ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
The GMs reply is very weak - Kenzoku was an existing Alliance not one created to replace BOB so they cant really justify the name change.

Also theres talk that the Stain alliance mispelt to stian and CCP wouldnt change it so they were forced to disband.

This is all about BOB wanting a new name but not wanting to lose Sov so they cooked this up with a pet GM.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lets all make new toons and file namechange petitions!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they have(had) a few sov3 systems in delve. i passed a few of them when i left MP5 to go join MEK.

rynnor

Rockhound
One thing I dont understand is why CCP seems unable/unwilling to get its own staff to act professionally?

As it is its more reminiscent of a freeshard where the guy running it does special favours for his mates - yet people pay to play eve?

taB

Part of the furniture
Thought I'd send another e-mail as it was that or do some work:

Hi Ari,

I have digested the official response from GM Grimmi (posted here: EVE Online | EVE Insider | Forums) and find it somewhat lacking. A couple of points spring to mind that remain ambiguous:

Firstly; Kenzoku was an existing alliance before Bob was disbanded. What has happened to the members of Kenzoku who were never members of Bob. Have they and their assets been moved to Bob Reloaded, and if so why?

Secondly; GM Grimmi states that this has been done before for others. Who are they? Why is it that many corporations and alliances are stating that they have asked to have names changed in the past - due to errors or other problems - and have been informed that CCP are unable to help them. For example Stian alliance which had to disband and reform. Incurring complete sov loss (if there was any) and an extra bill of 1 billion isk.

It does seem to my untrained eye that rules are not being applied consistently once again. It is unfortunate that it revolves around the Goon / Bob conflict but then most things seem to.

Yours,

Ben.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Apols Tab for posting that but really its no big deal mate let it go.

taB

Part of the furniture
Apols Tab for posting that but really its no big deal mate let it go.

Heh, its cool. I'm just interested :) Bob and the Goons can sodomise each others corpses for all I care.

I do think that CCP have not done a proper job here once again. Why does a GM make a decision to action something that has been debated for 2 months when they know will cause the forum spam that it has and then take till the middle of the next day to post an explanation which frankly says nothing. It's a bit silly of them and asking for their reasons is not a bad thing imo.

I agree it's pretty irrelevant but that doesn't mean a bit of debate can't come of it :p The difficulty is that both sides that are affected are lobotomised morons ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i really dont care all that much either. i'm just interested in knowing why BoBR got a name change when other alliances couldn't without reforming it.

sure, losing sov systems twice might suck hard, but this way they effectively avoided a complete sov loss twice. the first one i had no problem with. but this one just smells a tad fishy :)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
all this crap so bob corps dont have kenny in alliance history

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
there are quite a few big things going down in game right now, this is not one of them tbh - time for a new thread on new stuff me thinks

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
but we love to take small things and blow them out of proportions :(

but really tho, bob and goons are pretty unimportant in this matter. CCP stated that other alliances had gotten a namechange and that this was in line with those matters. but noone in the playerbase seems to be able to find a example.

i dont think ppl care all that much that its bob (other then goons i guess) its how CCP did it thats aggrivating most ppl.

taB

Part of the furniture
GM Grimmi said:
We appreciate the feedback from everyone. After reviewing all of these very valid concerns, we were compelled to go back over the information we’d collected in this case and carefully weighed it again against the precedents set in the past. Ultimately, we felt we had no other recourse than to reverse the name change, the key factor being that during this re-investigation we learned that the KenZoku alliance was created several months before the BoB alliance leadership switched hands. That being the case, the name change request was not submitted within a timely manner, as it had been in the legacy cases we were holding up as examples.

We will be contacting the CSM for input regarding our naming policies.

Ho hum :p

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
CCP just got pwned lol

Honestly - like they say on the forums - how can someone get paid for 2 months to investigate something only to get it so badly wrong. Really funny tbh. I can imagine someone has been whelped over this at CCP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom