Bloody Lame Donderslag

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
Enli said:
i can keep a bridge clear from dimwit stealths but thats about it, don't forget i dont have baseline stun
cone'ing tru walls... i only used it vs stealths or when pbae's do the same to me, i've seen many bains do it when i played my little theurg and i was suprised what people like babytoy etc do but can't blame em for smth mythic doesnt fix, the restraining from spamming is smth else

lol at this retard.. I only do it cause others do it.

More and more lamers in this game. Time to do /quit me thinks :(

To bad.. once was a great game this

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
Erm that's y he was pbaeing from inside when our ram was carried to door from side (so no los) and hitting peeps in the ram?

that was with AE-DD through the window WITH LoS on the incomming ram.

some people don`t seem to grasp that i can hit for 750 ish with AE-DD given a crit.

And yes, i killed a few crews full on ram there even before they got the ram in place. completely according to the book with full LoS through the window.

and about pbaoe standing just next to the window.

official mythic statement is that is is not abuse if you can hit the attacker back with at least 3 diff types of damage from where you stand.

a) pbaoe b) gtaoe c) caoe. would have done that each and every time.

also note that you can almost always hit someone standing just slightly next to the window with melee by getting the right angle, which can prove hard and painfull to find with 2 people pouring oil down on you.

Note that mids and albs don`t have caoe.

note that you can hit a lot of surface with caoe that you could NEVER reach with pbaoe. making the `you can hit back with 3 sorts attack` complete impossible against a lot of the caoe attacks.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Muylaetrix said:
that was with AE-DD through the window WITH LoS on the incomming ram.

some people don`t seem to grasp that i can hit for 750 ish with AE-DD given a crit.

And yes, i killed a few crews full on ram there even before they got in place. completely according to the book with full LoS through the window.

and about pbaoe standing just next to the window.

official mythic statement is that is is not abuse if you can get hit the attacker back with at least 3 diff types of damage.

a) pbaoe b) gtaoe c) caoe.

also note that you can almost always hit someone standing just slightly next to the window with melee by getting the right angle, which can prove hard and painfull to find with 2 people pouring oil down on you.

Note that mids and albs don`t have caoe.

note that you can hit a lot of surface with caoe that you could NEVER reach with pbaoe. making the `you can hit back with 3 sorts attack` complete impossible against a lot of the caoe attacks.

U didn't have any los from your right side of Keep since we were coming with Ram from that side, other thing would have been if u were casting from other side.
Also when we were ramming the door pbae ice WAS coming out from the walls on the side.
Anyway we can discuss this thing for eons without getting an agreement, FOR SURE there are heavy los and walls inconsistency issues atm in game.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
people from each realm do this...or want anyone say the dont do such things?
then i call you a liar....and then im right.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Gahn said:
U didn't have any los from your right side of Keep since we were coming with Ram from that side, other thing would have been if u were casting from other side.
Also when we were ramming the door pbae ice WAS coming out from the walls on the side.
Anyway we can discuss this thing for eons without getting an agreement, FOR SURE there are heavy los and walls inconsistency issues atm in game.

note that each side of the inner gate has a window. I tell you I wiped the crew a few times, before they reached the position to ram, with AE-DD, through the window oposing the incomming ram.

yes, you can hit people in the ram when it`s in position through the two walls with windows. There seems to be no way to cast a pbaoe through a door (backdoor) or (front) gate though.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
note that each side of the inner gate has a window. I tell you I wiped the crew a few times, before they reached the position to ram, with AE-DD, through the window oposing the incomming ram.

yes, you can hit people in the ram when it`s in position through the two walls with windows. There seems to be no way to cast a pbaoe through a door (backdoor) or (front) gate though.
and how you did that on the outer gate:puke:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Puppet said:
Not to be a game-spoiler, as I think its lame to damage someone through a wall, but this looks horribly like a case of:
'He did something which looked uber, so I tried it aswell but due to game-design my kind of spells cannot reproduce the result, despite me trying loads of times.'

Aint this just as bad? Most Alb-whiners in this thread make it out its not lame what you do, because you are not hitting them too often. But when the bainshee is hitting them, suddenly its lame! Trying it, with the intention of hitting is just as lame in my book.

The movie posted doesnt show if the bainshee has a valid target or not. And I still think that disallowing people to use a certain spell in certain situations is bad for general gameplay. When Hibs tried to take Beno, I remember zombie-rezzed characters hitting me through the wall, PBAE went straight through walls etc. Sure its less damage due to the fall-off on PBAE, but the effect, interrupts are still there. And if I dont move away (from an enemy I cannot see) I still die. Bainshees cover a greater area 'behind a obstacle but despite that the abuse is the same.

The range on Banshee CAOE almost covers the entire ground floor of the inner keep. You can see that from the Video. What Muyl and any other realms PBAOE does is very short range and only works at windows. Every PBAOE'r out there knows this. The bug abuse that this particular Banshee did goes way beyond that. You could actually see him almost comming through the wall. Similar to the old running at gates trick people used to do.

Mythis need to fix this for good, it is bloody annoying.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

Myelaetrix they not talking about ur AE dd cause then u need LoS but standing out of view in the corner beside the window and ur pbaoe will hit maximum dmg on the ram people without u seeing them.
cause if u pbaoe there even single target nukers should easy be able to nuke u down if u have LoS,Wich u prolly noticed when u used AE dd

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
but then again.Let's see next time alb take a tower then :D
We place 4 bains at same spot muy stood only at both sides of the ram in windows perma con wich would create a valley of doom,There is no way what so ever albs would be able to take the tower

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Alexandrinus said:
and how you did that on the outer gate:puke:

NOT with pbaoe through the gate for sure, lol

the two windows next to the outer gate allow you to hit the crew with (ae-)dd for far more damage than one could hit the crew with pbaoe from any place possible, EXCEPT when you port out, land under the far end of the ram, do a pbaoe of 2-3, drop a WoF and try to get back inside alive.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sarumann said:
Myelaetrix they not talking about ur AE dd cause then u need LoS but standing out of view in the corner beside the window and ur pbaoe will hit maximum dmg on the ram people without u seeing them.
cause if u pbaoe there even single target nukers should easy be able to nuke u down if u have LoS,Wich u prolly noticed when u used AE dd

its soo easy to spam ae-dd through a window from a postion that only leaves a 1-2 degree angle of sight.

just blindly spamming closest target / ae-DD works marvels with windows around the gates.

every time i use AE-DD, a nuker standing on the spot of my tareget can nuke me back, unfortunately he has to stand under the oil often for that, hence it doens`t happen a lot.

95% of the people i hit around my target with that AE-DD don`t have LoS on me and couldn`t nuke me back, nothing wrong with that.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Wilburn said:

Eee, i tell ya, when I we're a lad, in nobut shorts and a set of epic armour, thy didnt find cheats and lamers, aye, happen dem were't days.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
its soo easy to spam ae-dd through a window from a postion that only leaves a 1-2 degree angle of sight.

just blindly spamming closest target / ae-DD works marvels with windows around the gates.

every time i use AE-DD, a nuker standing on the spot of my tareget can nuke me back, unfortunately he has to stand under the oil often for that, hence it doens`t happen a lot.

95% of the people i hit around my target with that AE-DD don`t have LoS on me and couldn`t nuke me back, nothing wrong with that.

Ithink muy u can stop rowing ur boat trying to tell ur pure of heart and soul when everyone there could tell when u pbaoe in corner without LoS cause i stood under oil once just to get it frapsed..Ofc some numb nuts poured the oil and power owned me.And don't even try to tell me that AE-dd has same casting animations as pbaoe ;)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Sarumann said:
Oddly enough I didn't seem to be able to replicate it coning with my bain.

Danita

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

what your saying has some truth but you have also admitted that you PBAOEd at the corner beside the window. Now to the people outside that looks like cheating. Now of course the bainshee was doing likewise and that is not excusible either. What people need to get (all of you) is that it is not what actually happened but what people 'think' what happened that matters most.

Sure you guys have lots of DD nukes etc but from the other side of the wall you were abusing LOS and so all you have achieved is to make people feel your cheating/absuing. This goes for both the Hibbies doing the coning and those Albs abusing the window corners. All you do is reduce the part of the game you enjoy to the worst part of the game for others. All we can expect now in seiges is irresponsible behaviour since all people do is abuse game mechanics in those situations. Effectively you simply reduce the desire people have in wanting to go to sieges and destroy the part of the game you seem to enjoy.

You guys are the losers at the end of the day. Just take a little time to think about it.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if Muylaetrix did or did not use PBAOE on the way you describe, but that's true and i did it lots of times with my runie, than you can hit people on ram through side windows with AE DD's if you have a target in LOS. And that's no abuse or what-so-ever.
Instead, the huge number of Bainshees outthere in rvr (camping bridges/towers/keeps) since the last patch should gave you a hint how fucked the LOS code is atm and how many lame players found funny to abuse it...As soon we get a fix from mythic/GOA, they will go back to their holes again.

Guess some people found too damn hard to play fair even in a game.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Septima said:
Guess some people found too damn hard to play fair even in a game.

That about sums it up for me its not a one realm issue. Its about bad code and people abusing it. Its just depressing to see it happen from all sides and like I said it does make you begin to wonder if siege warfare is worth the hassle when all you get is bug abuse like this. For now we have to depend on players to try and behave themselves. :(

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
For now we have to depend on players to try and behave themselves. :(

I'm not very optimistic about that ;(

PS: Ofc it's not realm dependant, even if the class with most visible effects on LOS abuse atm (was the case with necro and animist before) is a hib one.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
that vid.. isnt nice watching :/ thats abuse and nothing but abuse, unless someone was standing behind that wall in that bains los which you cannot see in the vid.

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Just because there is bugs in the game doesnt mean u forced to exploit them , i hope that banshee in the video get a perm ban.

Lame players like him wont be missed

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
The movie posted doesnt show if the bainshee has a valid target or not. And I still think that disallowing people to use a certain spell in certain situations is bad for general gameplay.

WTF are you talking about?! hes on the other side of the wall..what trget could he have?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kinetix said:
WTF are you talking about?! hes on the other side of the wall..what trget could he have?

Any target outside?

Notirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Tuthmes said:
Any target outside?

But since casting animation is visible inside the keep he must be standing with he´s nose against the wall

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Notirt said:
But since casting animation is visible inside the keep he must be standing with he´s nose against the wall

Yeah could be something up top, however its pure speculation. Imo it looks like abuse aswell, however let RN decide it though.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:

I dont know, because the movies doesnt allow us to see what's on the other side of the wall. And if we could, it wouldnt be abuse in the first place. Catch22 with the provided material, really. Only way to sort it is by GOA going over the logs.

Tho, and lets make that clear: Its highly unlikely he had a valid target there, because any Alb outside the inner-keep would probably been toasted long ago. But from the movie provided, you can't tell.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Hawkwind said:
The range on Banshee CAOE almost covers the entire ground floor of the inner keep. You can see that from the Video. What Muyl and any other realms PBAOE does is very short range and only works at windows. Every PBAOE'r out there knows this. The bug abuse that this particular Banshee did goes way beyond that. You could actually see him almost comming through the wall. Similar to the old running at gates trick people used to do..

So basically you're saying exactly what I said before: "Its not a big deal when a PBAE'er does it (tries it) because his radius is much lower, so he wont hit as many people for alot of damage".

Its unfair you whack me with a polearms-weapon, because I can't equip a twohander ! :)

We all know in the heat of the battle some players revert to abusive tactics (some might call it cheating). The real problem is twofold: a) The game allows it b) players are willing to do it in their 'quest for the erpees'.

The problem with the bainshee cone-attack has always been a well-known source of whines. We will see what GOA does ;)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Wilburn said:

idiot, mythic have had a long time to fix the los bugs, if they take ages it's their own fault that people use spells inappropriately..

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
~Latency~ said:
idiot, mythic have had a long time to fix the los bugs, if they take ages it's their own fault that people use spells inappropriately..

Just because your able to bug abuse, doesnt mean you have todo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom