Film Blood Diamond

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I know it's a bit old, but i was VERY surprised after being skeptical about a Leo DiCaprio movie.

But hell, he pulled it off and it was a nice enough movie.

One example of how a teenage movie star can actually change their way, and i for one have to acknowledge some wrong-being when i thought years ago that he wouldn't amount to sh*t.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Saw this when it first came out, and i have to say it was bloody good movie.

And Leo can actually act.........

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Ye i was never a big DiCaprio fan either but he's made some good films, the beach, blood diamond, gangs of new york, the departed. Fair play to the guy.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Same as with me really...when he made this and the departed in one year he went from "annoying teen hearthrob" to great actor in my eyes anyway...heres hoping body of lies continues the trend!

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I know it's a bit old, but i was VERY surprised after being skeptical about a Leo DiCaprio movie.

But hell, he pulled it off and it was a nice enough movie.

One example of how a teenage movie star can actually change their way, and i for one have to acknowledge some wrong-being when i thought years ago that he wouldn't amount to sh*t.

He made tons of good movies so I don't get your post.

Helme

Resident Freddy
DiCaprio has gone straight up since Titanic with movies like Blood Diamond, The Departed, Aviator etc.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i loved it. I've just discovered Woolworths sell really cheap dvd's so I occasionally go round there to see what they have and I picked up blood diamond for £3 the other week, cant complain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
He made tons of good movies so I don't get your post.

He made tons of crap movies, decided "Leo is crap", now noticed he's grown up and actually worth a second look. It's not a hard point to get.

Departed and aviator are also on the list of "missed movies" as hollywood spews about n amount of movies per year.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He made tons of crap movies, decided "Leo is crap", now noticed he's grown up and actually worth a second look. It's not a hard point to get.

Departed and aviator are also on the list of "missed movies" as hollywood spews about n amount of movies per year.

He asked for names, name some. I bet you never watched Titanic then thought yeah hes a teen movie star who makes shit movies :p

He is one of the most dynamic actors of our times, not afraid to take on roles that are challenging and different.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Never really thought of him as actor who hides from challenging roles, I mean, before he appeared in Titanic he was playing a mentally retarded child and a drug addict who dreamt about massacring his classmates, it's not like he shied away from these kind of roles 0o

Sure some of the stuff he's been in has been sketchy but who hasn't been in crap?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
He asked for names, name some. I bet you never watched Titanic then thought yeah hes a teen movie star who makes shit movies :p

He is one of the most dynamic actors of our times, not afraid to take on roles that are challenging and different.

Bet taken, you lose.

I thought it was utter shite.

Hensh, Leo=crap=final straw.

He was a kid trying to act in "big man roles", now he's grown up to actually look the part.

Basically it's no different to someone going "I thought metallica was crap but this new album is actually good!"

FuzzyLogic

I'd say he was well aware of his age giving what he's played over the years, still is and taking more mature roles as time goes on.

Bit unfair though to say he's a shit actor based on one film though isn't it? :/

leviathane

Part of the furniture
titanic, man in iron mask, = shite later films = good. not hard to come to terms with what he's trying to say.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit unfair though to say he's a shit actor based on one film though isn't it? :/

Bet you judge music by one song, or movies with music artists in them? Or do other similar judgements.

He was a kid playing in adult pants, now he's an adult and works well.

I said i was wrong in thinking way back when that he won't amount to sh*t.

Calaen

Bet you judge music by one song, or movies with music artists in them? Or do other similar judgements.

You still have not named more than one movie?

I thought you did not judge things?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
First off, i don't need to justify my opinion of an actor to you.

Second, i don't judge people before given reason, but i have my own taste ofcourse.

Didn't like the actor, seemed like a kid in adult roles, blood diamond changed my mind.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i have no idea why he should be classified as a teen girl movie star?

he acted some rough movies. Basketball diaries? Whats eating Gilbert Grape?
admitted he did do Titanic and Romeo+Juliet. Neither in my opinion are teenage girl movies though. and i liked Romeo+Juliet.
Hes a good actor which I've realized after Titanic :p

FuzzyLogic

Of course I do, i'm human aren't I. Just happen to disagree with you about the guy because you've missed some good films in the process :)

Critters 3 is the shit >.<

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Thought he was just another teen star myself also after seeing the titanic but was too quick to judge really. He's been exceptional in several films of late.

Blood Diamond
The Beach
The Aviator
The Departed
Gangs of new york

All recommended films if you've just seen him as any good.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Of course I do, i'm human aren't I. Just happen to disagree with you about the guy because you've missed some good films in the process :)

Critters 3 is the shit >.<

And that's what ws my point, that i was wrong, but even being wrong gets you lynched and people asking "he's not bad!!" :lol:

Anyhoo, critters is the epiphany of good in any episode :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Blood Diamond
The Beach
The Aviator
The Departed
Gangs of new york

All recommended films if you've just seen him as any good.

Still haven't seen aviator, may have to give it a ganda and check it out later.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I thought "Catch me if you can" was good too, thought blood diamond was poo though.

Calaen

And that's what ws my point, that i was wrong, but even being wrong gets you lynched and people asking "he's not bad!!" :lol:

Anyhoo, critters is the epiphany of good in any episode :D

My point is you watched Titanic then suddenly generalised (which you don't do ever) of course until it suites you.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My point is you watched Titanic then suddenly generalised (which you don't do ever) of course until it suites you.

No...you assumed i only watched titanic and went "'es crap!".

And you're also mixig generalisation, judging and TASTE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom