Black & White 2

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Started playing this last night and managed to clock 3 hours in it.

I've just started messing around with my creature. They seem to be a buig improvment on B&W1. My lion has already learnt to poo on fields and sometimes villagers.

It looks great too.

Trancor

Fledgling Freddie
It's okay, but seems to be dumbed down from the first B&W. No multiplayer or skirmish mode :( I liked it in the first that the creature could watch and learn, now you just slap it about/stroke it to get it to do stuff. B&W 2 = B&W lite IMO - Plus it's going to be patched soon, and any saves won't work with the new version :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Sounds like they've made a bit of a balls up on it then?
Wasn't this supposed to be the one where they got everything right?
I didn't even know it was out, where was the hype on launch?

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I had it pre ordered but cancelled. There are plenty of reviews, some give it 60% and some 80-90% so I'll wait for a demo if there will be one.

I think I read that MP will come in a patch.

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
It's true it's a bit dumbed down, but imo it adds more to playability than it detracts from fun.

As in this game, I can be fairly sure what I am rewarding/punishing my beast for, as opposed to accidentally promoting braindead behaviour as was often the case in the previous game.

Also runs pretty good, despite my aging 9800Pro. Leaks bad tho, 30 min and a restart is in order. Overall I'd give it 80% or so, only game to keep me stuck to the screen apart from Soldat :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
Finished it(really shitty ending btw.. but wont spoil it)

It was very simple compared to the first game but imo alot more fun - the only thing I can really complain at is the bad pathing, sometimes the creature just goes into retard mode and dont move at all.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I just i didn't get so far intot he game without realising that there is a patch out.

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
The patch didnt fix that many issues from what I read. Sure dont feel like starting over.

One thing that is starting to piss me off is the pathing. Even tho I make roads for my ape to walk on, sometimes I can build stuff too close to the road, making him trapped. Thats something that shouldnt happen. Really annoying if you have low resources too.

Also a bit silly that it's considered an evil act to defend yourself. My monkey went from 100% good to 66% evil in just one map, from tossing fireballs over a wall to defend the town... :(

Afran

Part of the furniture
Helme said:
Finished it(really shitty ending btw.. but wont spoil it)

It was very simple compared to the first game but imo alot more fun - the only thing I can really complain at is the bad pathing, sometimes the creature just goes into retard mode and dont move at all.

Yes same, and also when you tell the creature to attack a wall it can sometimes bug and just constantly walk into it :d

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Picked this up today. Looks good, and some good ideas, but good lord how boring is it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom