bf2 or 2142

ScoobyDoo{KEA}

Fledgling Freddie
hi chaps,looking to start playing battlefield online was wondering which to get as ive not played either? is bf2 anygood to start...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hey mate. the word on the street is that BF2 is hacked all to heck (source is DaGaffer) and that BF2142 is not fun at all after a while (and it's backend is shot all to heck thanks EA) (source is me).

bring the discussion!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you can find a well-adminned server, then personally I'd say BF2. But good luck with that. I've just been trying to play now on what I previously thought was a good server, and it was just full of dicks TK'ing. There are definitely a bunch of aimbots and wallhacks out there (a very quick google will point towards a bunch) and I think as EA no longer care punkbuster isn't catching them. I can't say I've enjoyed my (limited) experience of 2142 though; all the controls feel weird, but that may just be unfamiliarity.

I wish a knew what to play next TBH. TF2 is a laugh for a bit, but it doesn't have any depth to it as far as I'm concerned, and ET just feels like 2142 with muddier graphics.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Of the two, BF2 all the way personally. I didnt like the idea of the newer one at all, dont like sci-fi stuff, and its just a tarted-up BF2 anyway.

BF2 could have been the best game ever. Yes. Better than CSS even.

BUT

and its a big but

theres a company called EA games involved.

So, it had a shelf-life of about a year, with fuck all back-up.

Me, Im gunna buy COD4 when it comes out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
All BF is shit.

Personally my team-based FPS is TF2.

But you could always play cricket.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Original BF was actually guite good, it set new standards.

Currently I am playing GRAW 2 while waiting for CoD 4, though I didn't play any of the CoD games before.

CS and CSS is never liked, bunnyhopping AWP'ing bullshit and stuff....

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Ill be getting BF2 soon, the BF2142 one looks a bit, well, crap! ;)

Pwned Life anyone? ;)

DaGaffer

Original BF was actually guite good, it set new standards.

Currently I am playing GRAW 2 while waiting for CoD 4, though I didn't play any of the CoD games before.

CS and CSS is never liked, bunnyhopping AWP'ing bullshit and stuff....

I've got the feeling CoD4 is going to be quite similar to GRAW. The earlier CoD games were excellent single player, but I always felt they lacked depth in MP mode.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
never played bf2 but for 2142 be prepared to scream "WTF?" or "bullshit!" at the screen as somebody one shots you with a weapon you yourself used with little effect. It's not cheats it's just very bad collision detection.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
never played bf2 but for 2142 be prepared to scream "WTF?" or "bullshit!" at the screen as somebody one shots you with a weapon you yourself used with little effect. It's not cheats it's just very bad collision detection.

I put that down to be being crap, myself. I empty whole clips at people and miss, they (all) shoot me once or twice and I die.

Will puts this down to me failing to hit their headbox. I certainly do tend to miss at close range. I can even miss with the combat knife :)

DaGaffer

I put that down to be being crap, myself. I empty whole clips at people and miss, they (all) shoot me once or twice and I die.

Will puts this down to me failing to hit their headbox. I certainly do tend to miss at close range. I can even miss with the combat knife :)

I think it is lousy hit detection. I noticed it straight away. Problem is 2142 is even more bandwidth dependent than BF2. Its funny but 2142 feels like it was designed by the team that did BF:V rather than BF2, that had shitty hitboxes as well.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I've got the feeling CoD4 is going to be quite similar to GRAW. The earlier CoD games were excellent single player, but I always felt they lacked depth in MP mode.

I didn't try the SP mode in GRAW 2 and the MP modus is nice, it just lacks enough players, only a couple servers to join and a facility for auto-mod/aut-map download would be nice.

From what I have seen CoD 4 MP looks promising. My clan is playing it in the beta and they are MP freaks per excellence and they will be playing retails so I have high expectactions :).

Athrun

Fledgling Freddie
BF2 if you wanted to play one of them, although as said above the hitboxes do take some time to adjust to.

nice BF2 movie here
YouTube - MovieFile009 Battle of Sharqi Peninsula
[youtubevid]Ozd6ocS44M8[/youtubevid]
the first 2mins are just intro so stick with it, although its non english if you have played the map you can understand whats going on, the other bmp movies are worth watching also.
always made me feel strange playing commander and calling an artillary strike on a friendly base thats about to be taken knowing you might get some blue on blue, and then feeling very pissed off as you watch a friendly fg spawn at the base.. instantly dieing to your artillary, and then getting kicked and banned for TKing :|

if you can get on voice coms with a friend tho, theres not many better feelings in online gaming than dominating a map in a 2 seater attack chopper tho (1 is pilot other is gunner ofc) :)

DaGaffer

Big problem with BF2 is that too many of the servers have complete gaylord rules designed to protect flyboys. The "no fighting in uncaps" rule is the most ridiculous and ill-thought "rule" out there. Dice wouldn't have put defence weapons inside uncaps if they weren't intended to be used, along with a whole fighting class (SpecOps). All it is, is an excuse to keep flyboys safe until they're in the air and rapin'. You often get servers where there's an unspoken agreement between opposing pilots not to go after each other and concentrate on ground troops to ramp their scores instead. Dice should have clamped down on it from day one, and but now its too late.

M

Majinvash

I have played BF2 since it came out and i still love to play it..

Its lost alot of what is was since it being a team game its hard to find 12v12 clan games anymore. There are still plenty of 5v5 teams and games around but i just dont think it really works in BF2..

The beauty was all teh vehicles and tanks and players all working together.

As was said.. if EA has supported it .. or maybe allowed others to support it.. it would have easily been better then CSS..
But they nerf'ed alot of the things that were used my some of the clever gamers because the noobs cried about it.. sorted out most of the clitches.. and them moved onto BF2142 ..

Theres still plenty of minor problems.. but the main problem is the lack of new stuff to do.. a new batch of maps would have been great... but i think in the last year we have been given 2 ..

AH well heres hoping Quake wars and COD4 are great!

Oh fyi 2142 sucks balls...

Vash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom