The Outer Worlds (made by the original fallout creators)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If it plays in any way like Fallout I'm going to give it a miss.

Bought fallout 4. I'm sooooooo bored.

If it was Fallout 4, in the future, without the crafting shit, without endless inventory shit, just a story, with decent game mechanics, which didn't have months of pointless grinding, then I'd be there.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I bought 3 and played it a tiny bit then got 4 and not played it at all, but isn't this game supposed to be based on the idea it'll be better than the later fallout games?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

If it was Fallout 4, in the future, without the crafting shit, without endless inventory shit, just a story, with decent game mechanics, which didn't have months of pointless grinding, then I'd be there.

It's by the studio that did Fallout New Vegas, which was by far the best of the new Fallout's. All the rest, especially the shits ones, were Bethesda.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's by the studio that did Fallout New Vegas, which was by far the best of the new Fallout's. All the rest, especially the shits ones, were Bethesda.
That's the fallout I lasted longest with but the basic game mechanics meant I, erm, fell out with it.

It needs doom or half-life like fps movement and shooting and a lit less ponderous and convoluted shite and that would make the interesting thing (the story) and the fun bits (the combat) come right to the fore.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That's the fallout I lasted longest with but the basic game mechanics meant I, erm, fell out with it.

It needs doom or half-life like fps movement and shooting and a lit less ponderous and convoluted shite and that would make the interesting thing (the story) and the fun bits (the combat) come right to the fore.

I must confess I miss Doom/Quake like games myself, the newr DOOM was a refreshing change, hoping DOOM: Eternal is as good as DOOM was.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

That would ruin fallout. What it needs is less drudging around. The weight limit stuff always killed the pace. Combat is fine because it's unique.

Sounds like you should pick up rage 2 tbh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That would ruin fallout. What it needs is less drudging around. The weight limit stuff always killed the pace. Combat is fine because it's unique.

Sounds like you should pick up rage 2 tbh
I thought that tbh and I've kinda said that stuff before (including Rage). The general feel of it is too damn consoley - remove the weight limit and make the "movement" more like an id game (not necessarily change VATS or anything) and it'd be great tbh.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Agree. It is immensely boring, due to (from my pov) the really generic feel to it. From generic monsters (with silly names) to generic weapons (which feel like pea-shooters) to a somewhat uninteresting game-world which is made to feel non threatening by the power-armor you can craft and upgrade. The only interesting part is when you venture out into the wasteland where you need said suit to survive - it feels like a completely other world and they should have built it more around that as well.

Crafting-system for me really make it too sand-boxy and take away the immersion of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom