Best song ever?

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Bit of info for Harebare (look it up on Google, at least i did to find out about Lamb of God)

"Sophomore albums are famously tricky affairs. Musicians have their entire lives to pen their debut album, the theory goes, and a relatively short time to follow it up. But what if the debut in question is the biggest selling album in recent memory? And what if the music industry has Hollywood-like expectations for another instant blockbuster? That was the scenario Linkin Park faced when they entered the studio to record Meteora, the follow-up to their multi-platinum debut Hybrid Theory.

That album--which Rolling Stone called "twelve songs of compact fire indivisibly blending alternative metal, hip-hop, and turntable art"--has shipped 14 million units worldwide to date. It was the Number One selling album of 2001. It launched three chart-topping singles including "In The End." And in 2002 it received a Grammy¬ for Best Hard Rock Performance for "Crawling," as well as nominations for Best Rock Album and Best New Artist. After diligently pursuing their craft since the band's humble origins in Southern California circa the mid-'90s, Linkin Park now had the world's ear."

So, they are not "new" and as i have said before..the post is OUR favourite songs. Linkin Park is a decent group, but i dont have all their albums, secret underground stuff and go silly and dizzy when they come on TV. Its just songs i like. I could have put a few songs by Queen, early Ozzy Osbourne stuff. Hell, i could have even put a few songs by Busted. I like songs for their words, rhythm and the ability to keep a decent beat. Lots of songs do this and for that i like them. If you wanna slag down Chester's ability to sing..go ahead, i am sure that is gonna piss him off while he sits in his mansion. If you think that LoG are such a super top of the list group...go ahead, i am not gonna disagree cos i have not heard them. Eihter way, i dont really give a rats ass what you say. Prolly by this time next week i will have a new favourite song and will play Linkin Park when i come across it in my CD collection again.

Also, if you want (or anyone else) look up Linkinpark.com ...just listen to a few songs..ones i put or whatever....they are not too bad at all.

Marc

FH is my second home
Busted pwn. Their lead singer is the next george best/olliver read

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
ok , haven't read the majority of the thread other than Marc and a few toher don't like metal.

nothing wrong with that.

I like music that gets a responce out of me. for the majority it's blues/metal/rock.... dance/rave never reallyg ot me .. some tracks have yeah i have to admit but generaly i'll listen to almost anything.. well apart from a certian Paally sing Backstreat boys at me over GV .. i still cry about that :(

Name the move said:
If you wana hear me scream play some rap music

Marc

FH is my second home
I wish we were back in the early-mid 90's so we could go through the whole Oasis era again. Fckin class. They piss on any current metal/rock band from a great height.

Marc

FH is my second home
[SS]Gamblor said:
ok , haven't read the majority of the thread other than Marc and a few toher don't like metal.

nothing wrong with that.

I like music that gets a responce out of me. for the majority it's blues/metal/rock.... dance/rave never reallyg ot me .. some tracks have yeah i have to admit but generaly i'll listen to almost anything.. well apart from a certian Paally sing Backstreat boys at me over GV .. i still cry about that :(

OI!!! i pwn at singin backstreet boys! :twak: :twak:
play ya cards right an i will serenade u with the ketchup song :)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
Also, if you want (or anyone else) look up Linkinpark.com ...just listen to a few songs..ones i put or whatever....they are not too bad at all.

Most people have heard them as they are one of the crappy mass produced over commercialized sell out bands that are everywhere... :/ Just my opinion of course.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Yeah, its fckin hard to scream down a microphone and sound like your trying to bite off the top of the microphone. I think all musicians that "make it" are talented. Uncluding metal bands. Doesnt mean i have to like the music. For me, music is something i can shake my ass too. Jumpin around and nodding my head with 200 sweaty, greesy, ugly, suicidal, life-is-so-unfair-i-love-satan- long haired teenagers isnt my scene. Just as the clubs i go to and the music I listen to wouldnt be your scene.
Such stupidity. :puke:

Bob marley - no woman no cry

because the man is right.

Marc

FH is my second home
harebear said:
Most people have heard them as they are one of the crappy mass produced over commercialized sell out bands that are everywhere... :/ Just my opinion of course.

So i guess the Beatles, Oasis, the rolling stones are crap cos they sold out

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
linkin park and the rest of 'Nu Metal' is all complete bullshit, as is shiste like good charlotte.

the best song is by Led Zeppelelin...Stairway to Heaven

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
ok been thinking about it and 1 song keep standing out to me..

prob cuz i havent' listened to it in ages, but the whole album is kwel

Name of Song : Falling down again
Album : Yo Edelmunelism
Artist : Ian Siegal Band

Such a great song =)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
So i guess the Beatles, Oasis, the rolling stones are crap cos they sold out

Personally I hate the Beatles and Oasis and I only like 2 Stones songs, so in my opinion... yeah.

Marc

FH is my second home
harebear said:
Personally I hate the Beatles and Oasis and I only like 2 Stones songs, so in my opinion... yeah.

SO if your favourite metal band went commercial you would think they were crap?

You sir are talking out of your arse. Just becuase a band has "sold out" doesnt mean their music is any worse. You are just taking offence to the whole music industry.

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
there's music for the fans
and there's music for profit

idiot

oh and btw, metal that goes commercial, usually makes crap..examples?

Cradle of Filth
Sepultura
Children of Bodom

Marc

FH is my second home
Rothzak said:
there's music for the fans
and there's music for profit

idiot

oh and btw, metal that goes commercial, usually makes crap..examples?

Cradle of Filth
Sepultura
Children of Bodom

yeah silly me. Any undiscovered band whos is "playing for the fans" are gonna turn down a multimillion pound contract arent they.

idiot

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
you can call it a fact when underground bands get some bigass label with lots of dollars their music goes like boom..

oh and forgot metallica , best example :D
(and no, before one starts posting this, metallica was never underground )

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt it strange...a thread about peoples favourite songs turns into a flame fest again. Just because 1 person slagged down somebodies choice. Hope they are happy for turning a decent thread into a sack of crap again. :clap: :clap:

Some people just can't leave well alone without whining, moaning or otherwise screwing it up.

Gratz to you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Some metal is ok, not much of the new stuff is though, most of it seems to be just people yelling and saying they hate everyone, its all fake, half the bands are fake, the lyrics suck and their musical talent is only a little higher than made up bands like busted etc, i also dislike the dance scene which is also fake and the real "sell out" i used to go to Dreamscape and other raves in the mid 90's, the scene was friendly, nowadays if you go to clubs all you see is drunk chav women falling all over the place and dickheads looking for a fight. Mids 90's oasis, Blur, Suede, radiohead etc were great if you were in your teens then, it said a lot about the culture and feeling in the UK at the time.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
Isnt it strange...a thread about peoples favourite songs turns into a flame fest again. Just because 1 person slagged down somebodies choice. Hope they are happy for turning a decent thread into a sack of crap again. :clap: :clap:

Some people just can't leave well alone without whining, moaning or otherwise screwing it up.

Gratz to you.

Do I get a medal? :)

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
raven : 70's/80's rock/metal 4TW !

edit: and never ment(?) to go flaming

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
have to agree, i was a big Iron Maiden fan in my early teens :)

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
have to agree, i was a big Iron Maiden fan in my early teens :)

my highlights would be judas priest/iron maiden/accept :) hell even old rock a la deep purple rocks :D

Marc

FH is my second home
Raven said:
Some metal is ok, not much of the new stuff is though, most of it seems to be just people yelling and saying they hate everyone, its all fake, half the bands are fake, the lyrics suck and their musical talent is only a little higher than made up bands like busted etc, i also dislike the dance scene which is also fake and the real "sell out" i used to go to Dreamscape and other raves in the mid 90's, the scene was friendly, nowadays if you go to clubs all you see is drunk chav women falling all over the place and dickheads looking for a fight. Mids 90's oasis, Blur, Suede, radiohead etc were great if you were in your teens then, it said a lot about the culture and feeling in the UK at the time.

Disagree with you there Raven, Dreamscape, for me, never had a friendly atmosphere, they were the raves that attracted the "chavs" of the 90's and there was always an "atmosphere". Nowadays there arent as many "raves" as that type of music has evolved. Gone are the days of club kinetic, Zone, Sequins, Wigan pier. Clubs like Gatecrasher, the old cream, moneypennys have no atmosphere at all. They dont attract chavs at all cos a. chavs cant afford the door price and b. the bouncers wont let them in anyway. I have never seen one single fight at clubs like gatecrasher, yet at clubs like Dreamscape they were always fightin from opening until closing and then outside

Marc

FH is my second home
Rothzak said:
you can call it a fact when underground bands get some bigass label with lots of dollars their music goes like boom..

oh and forgot metallica , best example :D
(and no, before one starts posting this, metallica was never underground )

i watched oasis a couple of times underground, they were good then. When they got signed, they were even fckin better. How can you not improve with better funding for better equipment etc? Fact is, metal bands are unskilled noise makers, suck when they are underground, suck when they are signed. There isnt one song writer alive today whos fit to lace Noel Gallaghers boots (except maybe Dido).

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
just for info. Nightwish is the crappiest band ever they cant make music!

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if anyone said it, but as an Alb I'd say SPEED SONG from a mincer :D

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Hamro said:
just for info. Nightwish is the crappiest band ever they cant make music!

/rude.

Massive Attack - Risingson, Inertia Creeps, Mezzanine

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Iron Maiden, anything really, almost everything with them are great.
Misfits - Scream, Hunting Humans, Saturday Night
Running Wild - Kiss of Death
Nightwish - Stargazers, Over the hills

And alot more.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
There isnt one song writer alive today whos fit to lace Noel Gallaghers boots (except maybe Dido).

that my friend is aload of Poo.

I do listen to both Noel + co and dido , and there are ALOT better song writers out there, just some of them having hit the big time yet.

i'll sum up my point with this little phrase

All generalisations are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom