Best Ingame Moment

O

old.Tyraette

If you had to pick one defining moment...one small snippet in your daoc that made you think 'yes, im glad I play this game' , then what would it be?

O

old.Velo

The pillar of stones event in beta :)... Seeing Toazan at stonehenge with that big green sword.. was awsome... :p

pUT the staff on the ground it says something diffrent now!1!!

and looking for sinister on sailisbury plains... ;D and finaly killed him.

O

old.Downanael

My first visit to Emain with beta,second one when i dinged lvl 50 with my first char :)

A

Adelle

I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel that way every day I'm together with my guild. I'm truly blessed to have been able to get to know such amazing people :)

I just really can't chose one specific moment, because there has been so many that has been so good. But yeah, getting my first level 50 char is up there in the top :)

E

Esoteric

Apart from dinging 50 ;-)

Well a few stick out but this is the funniest.

With my first char on alb pryd. Think I was low 40's not sure but anyway the location is Lyon.

I had been used to the Pygmy house and thought they alone were hard. Some higher guild mates decided to start a little xp group for the tanglers. I was allowed to join them and they managed to get the island spot.

When they pulled and I saw the amount of goblins incoming I shat myself almost literally <is still trying to get the stain out>. I think I also ran saying in /g RUN /g TOO many /g We dead.

These guys were veterans tho and took them apart comfortably.

My heart literally jumped heh.

A

AzuratMinimus

My first trip to tuscarien glacier, never stared that much before. Just that trip was worth buying SI for.

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by AzuratMinimus
My first trip to tuscarien glacier, never stared that much before. Just that trip was worth buying SI for.

So wish we had third server :-( I'd love to see the mid lands en anglais.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Damn, so many great moments.

Creating Danish Huscarls the first day of release.

Getting enough armorcraft at lvl 16 so I could finally wear emblem, and I was so damn proud.

Reaching the gates to Muspelheim, damn that looked so awesome.

Entering Yggdra Forrest for the first time, after hearing so much about it in /gu (was NOT what I had expected ;o )

First RvR encounter in yggdra, it was so damn exciting.

5 of us nearly killing the purple Coren, he escaped with 1% hp and my heart was beating like fuck.

Getting Coren as a nemesis ;o

My first keep raid.

Deleting The old Gombur.

Taling to Coren in alb, when I couldnt get groups on mid/exc

Creating my minstrel ;o

Reaching lvl 30 and going to yggdra ;o

First Solo kill.

Joining SotL.

Going on Nilo's Relic raids.

Giving speed to one of the relic carrying groups (had just gotten mach 5, and when Gideon mentioned me on our webby I felt damn proud)

Rading EZ for the first time

Getting a glowy sword :p

Getting lvl 50 with the Help of the dearest smite cleric Delket ( I wub you)

Killing the dragon for the first time (hurt beating like fuck and feeling proud as hell.

Think thats about it ;o

B

Blood

when i (Blood) solo killed a group of 5 yellow con albs near apk in emain,

they ran past me, i killed 1, came back to res i killed another without them being able to see me behind a tree, then killed 1 more that /faced me and ran towards me, sent my pet on a the second last, and meleed the last caster.

damn.. that was before hunters got nerfed

E

Esoteric

Oh also when everyone found out Sinister had managed to get into alb (even tho I was alb thought it was amusing)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

One of my first solo kills, a one-on-one with Echion (maybe Endymion? can't quite remember which) on top of hibernia mile gate in Odin's. A very close fight and as soon as he fell I saw a group of Hibernians coming through the gate, managed to hop over and peg it to safety. Soloing is very difficult, but through the frustration there are some real golden moments like that. A salute to the non-stealthing soloers out there (Richius, Jamiesmallicus and Yussef are three names that come to mind).

F

frols

Must have been when my friend (Khern) came back from being gone for like 2 months i was smiling for like 4 days nonstop.

D

Derric

The old gimpteam (me,Artemis and Camillo) camping mmg->mpk talking so much bullshit we most of the times forgot to actually attack anything. :)

The "stealthwar" at mmg,when SotL's old stealthers and Shadows ran into eachother was fun too,people appearing everywhere. :p

Me,Traia,Nee and Ouroboros moving to Dales of Devwy for 2 weeks was a kinda nice time too.

A

Azal

Originally posted by Derric
]

The "stealthwar" at mmg,when SotL's old stealthers and Shadows ran into eachother was fun too,people appearing everywhere. :p

That's gotta be it. I've never seen so many stealthers pop outta nowhere at once, funny as hell still have some screenies somewhere.

G

Genius-Ino

My first Yggdra run with LoE (we got owned by Waylander :))
Killing a FG of blue mids solo (before the cleric nerf)
Owning Uppland and Dodens together with Chun
(Trying to) Lead 2 relic raids together with Teador (along many other raids such as LB)
Reaching level 50 on 2 characters.
Solo killing 2 lvl 50 chanters with my lvl 46 scout.
Joining Assassins of Albion, a very nice guild.
Having some nice chats with a lot of people.
Moving to midgard after 1.5 years of Albion and realising you love to play DaoC again after months of being fully tired of Alb.

C

Cyradix

Back in my alb days when I was a scout. Standing high up on the zone wall in emain and killing about 20 hibs/mids running past from mmg to amg before anyone found me :D

O

old.Tyraette

I think one of my highlights was my attempt to cheer a Templar up. I was a 46 infil, he a 50 paladin. I had already respecced to mercfil, but didnt have dfang or dual shadows, so was basically mr. mega-gimp.

At the time <though to be fair he is/was a lot better since he returned> he had a reputation for being....well....moany :p Anyway, I saw him there, and thuoght bugger it, I'll cheer him up. This was shortly after I met Treeloe, and we were sitting in Sauvage.

I challenged him to a duel, and he accepted. Had no real expectations of defeating him, I'd never duelled a paladin before, and assumed id get my arse handed to me. 5 evaded slams later, I start to think 'Shit! I'm winning!' and my conscience took over. If he lost, it would really set him off on one, and it would be miserable on /gu for ages. If I won, I'd have _ultimate_ crowing rights <shaeffers always been able to talk the talk, but never really walked the walk before>

So, misery or glory...I agonised for a full half second. :D

I was victorious, huzzah! and the number of private messages i got of people watching just made it oh so sweet. Never have I laughed so much

J

Jonaldo

I think maybe the day when a ranger who shall remain nameless came up to me and gave me 30 gold or something and had been calling me his hero for some unknown reason for a while now.

I asked what the money was for and he said that when he first started the game some purple con high level elf called Cornell gave him 30 gold to help get him started and helped him. I didn't even remember this but had done it for a lot of new people back in the days. Only one ever remembered, thanked me or even payed me back but it made me smile :)

T

tindel

hmm best moment, so many :)

Playing and enjoying the wonderful Thane I had all the way from 1 to 50, so much fun and gaining so many new friends on the way, and the feeling when you were on your last bubble to 50, oh dear ;)

F

Fafnir

Exploring spindel at lvl 25, attacking Ond at lvl 26, having people yelling at me, beign stupid etc.

And trying to kill the char Mad Kobold, took me a few min to understand why i could not attack. :)

K

knudden

best moment must be when i found out
what u could use bounty points for. :p

M

maxgirth

The very 1st, you successfully make the jambiya (100)
it`s a masterpiece.
After all the blood,sweat and tears of getting to 1k in wc,more than puts a smile on anyones face;).

A

Addlcove

period from 20 to 40 with Octanion where Jeradon, Coaxmetal and I were inseperable (sp?)

K

Kahland

Best moment:

Joining Immortals when i was lvl 21

When danhyr explained to me what df, etc. was

Dinging 30

Getting an asterite jambiya from maxgirth :D

When danhyr told me about gobbos, went there and dinged 40 :)

Getting glowy swords

I've never had fun in PvE only the last 0.01 till 50 tho that wasnt much of a rush i dinged 50 together with exzon on our epics.

Getting my epic armor

Getting my sc set

passing 100k rp ;)

Due to my own interests i left Immortals and joined Public Enemies. Was a sad day for me, but again i was happy about some changes. Thanks to all the people that made my stay there unforgettable. Danhyr, Exzon, Maxgirth, Skelthor, Killerbee, Robyne, Dracgol, Chimaira, Dilindra, Liste, Dimse, Ziera, Celeran, Frigget, Gorse, Calif, And to all those i didnt mention thx to you too:)

Reaching rr5.

Retired kahland in rvr for now lvling my cleric at 49.8 atm. :p

T

The Real Redi

Templars, Phoenix Legion, Griffon Knights and a few of the Dragon Senate massing in DC after templars claimed it, defending against a f'ing hyooj mid horde, we bolstered our defence with more arriving, and when the mids came back, we realised we were still out numbered by at least 3 to 1.

We sat off patiently, let the scouts and the casters do a grand job keeping the attackers harassed, then after not a single casualty on our side, Aethelstan and Jupitus lead the charge where we stormed through the forces, and slayed everysingle one, and STILL without a single death amongst albions men and women :clap:

we all stood outside afterwards, and could still hear the shouts from the Milegates, but i had butterflies in my stomach, and everyone there was just laughing - it was fantastic.

----

The most MASSIVE war that occurred outside the gates of Excal one night last month - last i saw, we had about 120 showing in sauvage, and reports as they came in showed around about 120 enemy in the area, and during the fighting, the Hibs trolled up to join in too. I ran into the fight the second time, saw nothing for a couple of seconds, then all of a sudden the graphics caught up - i saw bodies everywhere - it looked magnificant, even if it did have a little of the slideshow about it ;)

----

The days when Redi, then Dil, then Team earned his colours with the templars (yup, even though Team only got them last night, i STILL grinned like a bitch ;) )

----

The Camaran saga - the wierd roots in camelot, and the broken bridge scene were truly awesome (mon kemor! gifv more of that!)

ill probably think of more after i post, but hey...

L

lacroix

Many moments .... ;) the following springs to mind:

Meeting my friends Killerbee and Amorce in beta and "sticking together" .... ;)
Forming our guild (CM) and still being active after 1 year (to the day) :)
First day out in Snowdonia (at lvl 12+), wondering at all those amazing purple mobs
Killerbee's first screenshot of the Forrest giants in Sauvage ... - god, they looked HUGE ...
Killing DM ponies on "Hamburger Hill" ... - to all that were there will remember, it was one of the most hillarious xp groups ever :clap:
My first tree group (with Dareanen :) /kiss) - another highly hillarious group - was laughing without end ... :D
Some "romantic" moments in Barrows and the follow up - nuff said :p
Dinging 50 with Vard after and endless long night killing knights/hulks in DF ...
Getting my epic armour - theurg epic still is the most beautiful in the game imho
Uber xping with Dar in Hib (ez, in particular) ... :D
Spending an endless xping night with Multi & Espa in some obscure dungeon in Hib trying to get this damn lvl 27 (that lvl really sucked big time :p)
And another endless night doing pookas with Espa, Klazzie, Sxnij and some other guys - Espa chainpulling, Klazzie & Sxnij reminiscing about the glorious "old days" and the merits of marriage ads in Indian newspapers ... (/hugs Klazzie & Espa)
And generally: meeting some really great ppl (my CM guildies, obviously, Skel, Zarch, Zen, Multi, .... and others, less close but still dear)
... should be enough for the moment ...

O

old.Gombur Glodson

The day where we killedstealed Legion from hibs :D
/taunt

O

old.Downanael

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
The day where we killedstealed Legion from hibs :D
/taunt

We got it back from mids :D
/flex