Best DAOC Moments

O

old.camillo

- dye night with Ghosty & Artemis, spent 700g and ended up with original dyes

- rvr 1on1´s with Hoster (come back, ffs!), Azal (including rag doll show-offs) & Sinister - good, old days without odd emain zergs & buffbots :)

- scrag leather hunt with mad monk Rasputin & Arte, 3 totally gimped lowlvl chars managed to get 2 pieces within 3 hours, but set up a new record in chaindieing

- first granitechisel rvr with Vestax

- meeting such great & funny guys like Artemis (personal tomte!), Nadiya (powerlvler!), Derric ("hey, I pa´d that guy for 2579!"), Rasputin (r0x0r b0x0r!), Thrinnor(horse-constructor),Valain(have a sausage!) & Vestax (chisel-abuser!)

O

old.Hellskor

new best moment for me today :

Was with Tesla in Alb-side of DF, killed a few Albs, near entrance when like one group of (blue?/)yellow cons runs up to us.
I stood unstealthed at the Exit Portal (after killing some Alb), Tesla stood in a corner in the small room before.
All them Albs ran up to me and got critical shot in the back.
No one of them realised what happened.

We must've killed like 8 Albs within 2min without getting much more than a scratch.

O

old.Maester

when I went on a trip through out the whole of midgard with my shaman in beta... I was so amazed

when I went to emain the first time with my rm at lvl 25... I was completly lost not a soul in sight when suddenly a briton apears... I fumbled with my quickbars and got a bolt of killing her. Amy was her name. She still around? =) was 8 months ago

A

Aeternus

1. The time me, a bard and a low level mage killed 6 higher level albs. Hey, im a gimpy 1 handed elf champ... im happy to survive a horsetrip, mmkay.

2. The time I outran a troll all the way from yggdra to the hmg, that was a hilarious chase.... to bad I got killed by some mobs just after getting rid of the troll, hrm...

3. Beating legion for the first time, that sure rocked.

A

andrilyn

1) One time Veralith and me beat about 10 mids (not all at once but in like 5 min or so :D).

2) Getting owned by Sticky (first SB that ever done that).

3) The endless battles at the witherwoodes with Perian.

E

erebus

Originally posted by old.camillo
- dye night with Ghosty & Artemis, spent 700g and ended up with original dyes

- rvr 1on1´s with Hoster (come back, ffs!), Azal (including rag doll show-offs) & Sinister - good, old days without odd emain zergs & buffbots :)

QUOTE]

Hi Camillo, thought u quit m8?
I made a come back but sadly i had to stop playing again i got a level 35 sb on someone elses account but he uses it right now and i cant play because i still dont have any net access from home.

I will eventually get around to getting net access from the place i am living in right now but i dont know how long that will take. And when i do i plan on making another SB and hopefully get him to around level 40 in 3-4 days work which will be nice. Then when SI comes out i will most likely do a kobbie savage :)

Would be nice to bump into u again camillo was always a laugh all of a sudden finding u inches away because u were level 50 but me still managing to pa ya first (apart from the odd times :p)

Erebus/aka Old Hoster

O

old.Immortal

Maybe not the best moments, but the most exciting:

1) First time I saw an enemy, was with my x-Healer, Eva, in yggdra. Purple firby got smacked by two 35ish thane trolls. I think I jumped in my chair. I think the trolls was blejsarus and destruction or something.

2) First time I got an emblem on my cloak! :D First char to 20 ever. Big moment.

3) First RvR-kill with my x-SB, Dwyld.. very exciting.

conclusion, first times (in games) are always best.

G

Gimly

1. At lvl 20 being in Tepoks in a group full of Griffon Knights.. left my guild in a flash and joined them :)

2. My first glowing sword.. <btw thanks again Godfather, Lamagra and Vax for helping me get it :) >

3. Being made the first Knight Commander of Griffon Knights.. about 30secs before Lamagra :D

4. First RvR trip to Yggdra at lvl 15 :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I wouldn't call it my best DAoC moment but being held hostage for about 30 minutes by Jenna & Dosferra in Forest Sauvage certainly had a comic value... that was way back in march.

Ah, the good ol' times...
hostage.jpg

O

old.Gombur Glodson

So it was you who made the whine post on the old forums about Dos and jenna being evil?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
So it was you who made the whine post on the old forums about Dos and jenna being evil?

Hehe... no, I actually wrote a humorous one. I got a little iffy when Dosferra mentioned that he was about to pull some mobs on me to cause an xp death... I am well over that, tho.;)

It was two of my fellows who got a tad upset whent the dynamic duo pulled off the same stunt the next day right outside the gates of Castle Sausage.

O

old.Cyric

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
1. Liv. <PLEASE if anyone knows what happened to her, I will gladly sell my soul.>

I join you here. The most mysterious and one of the kindest and friendliest people I've met on this server. I know you have characters on at least three Euro servers, so, where'd you go? :)

O

old.logun

1) When i got bored of Prydwen Albion i deleted and moved to Midgard i met Blood,Sinister,Azal,Death,Sticky for the first time :)

2) First time in RvR in Beta lvl 9 Skald not being able to do anything but liked watching the fight.

3) Exploring in Beta not knowing how things worked , not knowing where anything was.

4) My fist RvR kill in yggdra lvl 27armsman manged to find my way there and killed a green and orange on my own then died by a yellow con.

5) The days when there was barely any assasins classes in thidranki.

M

minnie

LOL turamber I was with you that day in DF :)

Oooo what's that? you asked and off you went LOL what a laugh that was :) We all joined you on the outside though.

My best moment I think was taking 3 relics in a relic raid and the conversation about what to do with the 3rd one. We discussed dropping it off to the hibs:) It was a fantastic achievement and everyone really enjoyed it too :)

V

vestax

1) First ever infil gank squad in emain consisting of me, Camillo, Artemis and Nadiya. Man that was fun :)

2) Freaking out middys in yyggdra with my granite chisel :D

3) Killing Sinister + Rowena for the first time when they were red con.

4) First ever Dartmoor raid

5) Quiting Daoc :(

6) Rejoining Daoc with a new Scout and meeting all my old friends again!

T

_tindel_

best daoc moment was playing Tindel Heart the Thane from level 1 to 50 to learn to love a character that much its always scary, I miss my thane! :)
the old EoO days I also miss alot when I played Petronella the healer with the ooooold friends :)

O

old.Mitsu

First trip to yggdra with my ickle lvl 25 scout. My heart was really pounding :D Made my first realmpoints that day too...

Exploring the city of camelot for the first time.

Meeting a lot of great people in the game.

And 346536 other things :clap:

N

nobrot

Too many to mention but heres a few...

Getting invited to Varul by Dwendorine and her m8, myself and a lowbie healer, cant remember what level we were but all the mobs were purple, Dwendorine took us into the depths of Varul and power leveled us, then she gave me a cool sword, conned purple to me, but the act of kindness made a lasting impression...

One shotting a sitting caster in the middle of a defended keep, and managing to get out even though what seemed like hundreds of albs were after me, with 1mm of health and Freia casting a perfect recovery as I jumped out of the keep.. awesome..

At lvl 45 camping the gorge, when a blue con caster stands alone on the road.. adrenalin pumping as I walk straight up to him and PA, at the very same moment another SB PA's and a bloody infil attacks at the same time, poor caster went down in one, and the three stealthers scatter in disbelief, laughed soo hard for ages after...

When Detox said, "theres some albs at Ygg gates, lets go kill em" we managed to kill two red con invaders.. was a real rush... more by luck than judgement tho.

Dancing with grey cons in DF...

Camping the road to excal with 7 other SB's they were all lvl 50 I was mid 40's.. a total stealther gank squad...

lots more, and I guess lots more to come....

Oh yea, and watching Aladora's movies... feking awsome....

T

Tagetes

First horse trip. 5 silver well spent.

First trip into the fronteir, only to come back when the first thing you reach is aggressive and purple.

Running round in the plains trying to find the 'village' that was nearby. (WD)

First RvR, was also the first (and only) time we met Cyhreaths :)

Waiting near the back for someone to pull. Never been to this part before ..... then suddenly the Witherwoodes charge into view.

Night, and then dawn in the Mid frontier.

J

-jamza-

Best moment,

Has to be when i formed a great friendship with my first guild mates, and then remerged into Lords of Justice and had count less hunts and injoyable fun, <holding the rank of importance>

2nd, Well it was when myself and mattshanes met for the first time in keltoi about 2AM - being myself i hate to stand about and besaue of this it got alot of people's backs up because of my way of lvling i like to constant pull sod END..

Anyway it was in a group of 4 first time in there myself and matt just went utter mad running around killling every thing pulling counless mobs and some how staying alive.. every game needs a nutter eh mat ;)

3rd, its a tie between hitting lvl 50 on my first char.. or obtaining my first glowing sword from ellyls..

Over all i think Daoc for me has been a great experiance. but its had its moments.. .. ..

:cool:

Fly

D

decline

Best DAoC moment?

About two weeks into playing Euro DAoC when I had picked up enough of the Brit-talk to blend in without people screaming yank.

"lo"
"ello"
"mate" or "m8"

I learned, if you throw one of those words in about twice each sentence, you can blend seemlessly with the prydwen population. ;)

Also, getting my first glowing sword from someone I was exping with in Yggdra for 50 gold. (think it was a 1handed bastard sword from Spind.)

I felt so cool. :D

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by -jamza-

Well it was when myself and mattshanes met for the first time in keltoi about 2AM - being myself i hate to stand about and besaue of this it got alot of people's backs up because of my way of lvling i like to constant pull sod END..

Anyway it was in a group of 4 first time in there myself and matt just went utter mad running around killling every thing pulling counless mobs and some how staying alive.. every game needs a nutter eh mat ;)

:cool:

Fly

That's the best exp run i have ever done lol was crazy and great fun :D

L

liste

added to my list of great moments, was pbaoe grouping in catacombs.

2x ice wiz
2x paladin
1x minstrel
1x mercenary
1x cleric
1x friar

Wicked fun! pulling 4 legionaires<red con> 3 times before resting, is just too damn fun :D sod mezz.. :p

making about 20 bubbles in 1½-2 hours aint bad at 25 :)

moved to Dunters when legi's turned orange, and proceeded to pull 6 mobs, 2 reds and 4 purples, and not dying, comes close to the best XP i ever had.

I can only assume practice makes perfect, so beware pygmy goblins! we'll get there! :D

J

Jenna.

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I wouldn't call it my best DAoC moment but being held hostage for about 30 minutes by Jenna & Dosferra in Forest Sauvage certainly had a comic value... that was way back in march.

Ah, the good ol' times...
hostage.jpg

hohohohohoooh :)

nerf chainroot :)

L

Lochlyessa

Hm.. not to sure which would be the best moments in DAoC..

Prolly becoming a cleric from an acolyte.. was funny trying to find my way round camelot, got lost soo many times :)

Hitting 20 and getting chain.. Rar at the new kewl looks!

Going to odins as a lvl 3x with 2 other people, and getting ganked by a poypul con norse, was exhilirating(sp) :)

Dinging 50, prolly -the- best moment for anyone :)

Many times running around emain, fighting random sb's, was fun when I could solo you :)

Joining SotL( for the first of 3 times :p) I remember being in awe of Coren :)

Generally RvRing people such as Redb, coren, walker, xorta, viras and others, made RvR fun mostly :)

and finally leaving.. prolly not a 'best' moment, but was certainly nice timing, as I'd been kicked from SotL for my 'attitude problems' about 2 hours earlier, and my account ran out :( But heh, was nice knowing y'all :)
Even you duane.

O

old.Atrox

best of all most have been... hmm... when the hunter dinged 50,
or when our 7man group killed 28mid ( in the same go )

on a second thought, best moment must've been when I decided to move on to pryd.

C

Cavex ElSaviour

When we were a lowbie guild and charged the cyclopses in snowdonia (at lvl 10).

doing 2 levels killing trees at excal.

First time in emain, getting killed by those hammers and spears falling out the air but having great fun

O

old.Iunliten

Hunting in gorge with Jeriraa and Eisilgir with my lvl 30 shadowblade while avoiding revminster at all cost.

My first RvR experience in yggdra. My fingers shaking so much I could only get off one spell.

First legion hunt.

Beta... Where have thou magic gone?

Hunting in varulvhamn with Midgårds Änglar with my shammie.

Many of the HDS raids, MCF all the way

Users who are viewing this thread