Best Albion grp ;)

G

gwal

good luck with that setup dom.. ur gonna get really tired of loosing fights pretty damn fast.

I

iluvatur

nice 'fun' setup imo

2 clerics
1 body sorc
1 high mind sorc
1 spirit cabalist
paladin
2merc

all the cc you need, and insta kill with body debuff and lifedrain and spec n00ks flying about.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ekydus
Pin unless I'm mistaken you don't understand Paladins.

They can chant forever.
- Chants take up endurance though. (Not needed, inconvenience however)

They can't End chant forever.
- They need power.
- + It takes up some End. (Not needed but inconvenience nonetheless)

Meaning, either you expect the Paladin to be a pure chant bot, or to be permenantly out of endurance for themselves.

It's hard enough playing as a Paladin as it is, not to be told on top of this to just stand at X spot and do Y event so we can do Z event.

You are mistaken.

1) Turn end on.
2) Hit sprint and run around.
3) Power starts draining... oh dear...
4) Turn end off.
5) 3-4secs later, turn end on.
6) Turn end off
7) go to 5 and repeat until...
8) Power is magically full again
9) Go to 3.

Buy Longwind 1 to prevent loss of end due to 'twisting'.

Now, learn to play your class.

P

Pin

Originally posted by iluvatur
nice 'fun' setup imo

2 clerics
1 body sorc
1 high mind sorc
1 spirit cabalist
paladin
2merc

all the cc you need, and insta kill with body debuff and lifedrain and spec n00ks flying about.

swap a merc for a s/s arms. need more slammers (with det)

L

leorin

Why are you askin for setup if u already know :>?

K

Khalen

The start group is screwed if they meet a pbt group with 2-3 pbaers/nukers.

W

-Wedge-

Defensive tank groups get eaten up alive by caster groups... They might do 'ok' against savage groups though, but I doubt it...

I've been pondering if you could drop a cleric in a 'normal' tank group for a cabalist... But, alas we have no cabalist in the guild that actually rvr's... So I cant even try... It would purely be for disease, any damage done after that is only added bonus... The pet itself is a nice added 'feature' that will help you take out a healer from the fight...

The problem you (often) have when facing good groups is that your damage output is not able to compete with the healing power of the other group... From an albs point of view at least... Disease would effectively double your damage out put... And help you kite more effectively...

2x Merc
1x Pala
1x Caba

1x Sorc
2x Cleric
1x Minst

Would be on my 'list of possible groups'... Or dump 1 cleric for another merc... The sorc assisting the cabalist after debuff is a very nice added damage boost to your group...

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Pin
You are mistaken.

1) Turn end on.
2) Hit sprint and run around.
3) Power starts draining... oh dear...
4) Turn end off.
5) 3-4secs later, turn end on.
6) Turn end off
7) go to 5 and repeat until...
8) Power is magically full again
9) Go to 3.

Buy Longwind 1 to prevent loss of end due to 'twisting'.

Now, learn to play your class.

BTW: Casting end chant also gets rid of end. If the Paladin can't run it's not much use is it. With your theory you are basically saying that the Paladin shouldn't hit anything?
If Paladins don't lose power they lose end.

I know all the tricks to get power back and I was one of the first Paladins to do the extra length sprint tap.
If it was possible to perma sprint like this don't you think we'd be doing it all the time?
No matter what you do Paladins will lose power eventually, even Long Wind 1 will only slow it down.
+ Do you know how fucking boring it is watching the pulses and tapping end?
I've described your above "theory" many times before, I also use it a lot. You obviously don't have much experience with Paladins.

Now please don't tell me to learn how to play a class I have been playing for 1.5 fucking years nearly.

K

Kurik BHM

2clerics
sorc
minstrel
spirit cabalist
3x wind theurgs

:D

A

Asha

BF

ps belo we would try it sometime. Just never have a chance.

H

hotrat

hmm can we establish if paladins can really perma sprint, with pom 4 from sorc and long wind 1?

I think the group sounds ok but you cant run without a minstrel, sorc speed and sprinting just won't cut it. I would much prefer a minstrel and minstrel speed + sprinting :)

If your gonna include a caba you gonna have to drop a tank.
Basic setup of all groups is 2 clerics, 1 pala, 1 mins, 1 sorc. This gives 3 flexible slots, say 1 caba and 2 arms.

Thing with hib they can get ae disease on a class with pbae, and also have GP the best RA for caster groups. Also there basic setup is 2 druids, bard. Bard takes care of pala/mins and sorc job. Leaving 5 spots for say warden, 2 guarders and 2 casters.

Mid basic setup is 2 mend healers, 1 aug shaman, 1 skald, 1 pac healer. Also giving them only 3 spare slots, again making it hard to field 2 casters and 2 guarders.

M

Medde

Originally posted by hotrat
hmm can we establish if paladins can really perma sprint, with pom 4 from sorc and long wind 1?

Yes, you dont even need pom but it means u will have to twist 90% of the time instead of 50% with pom 4. LW1 is a must however.

D

Dom

Will write my idea of grp even, with the specs too, so , you get one basic idea;

Armsman ( 50 2h , 50 slash/50 Crush ,23 shield , rest parry )

Armsman ( 50 polearm ,50 thrust,23 shield , rest parry )

Armsman ( 50 shield , 50 slash, rest parry )

Paladin (42 shield,46 chants,39 slash,20 parry ) dont know if i am wrong on pala's spec

Sorcerer ( 44 mind ,30 body )

Cabalist ( thinking on caps of ressist is incoming , 33 spirit ,34body,25 matter if no, you can go 11 matter,25 body,46 spirit)

Cleric (39 rejuv ,37 enhan )

Cleric (40 rejuv, 35 smite )

correct me if i am wrong on armsman if they have parry or no, dont know well atm. and correct me if pala's spec is bad.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Khalen
The start group is screwed if they meet a pbt group with 2-3 pbaers/nukers.
The problem is mainly that most chanters are too focused on their PBAE so they all look for excuses to use it, not very many know the power of their debuff+nuke. Secondly, the moment the tanks start to pile up on the support chars of the Hib group, those chanters will go into defensive mode and start PBAEing around the dr00ds. This gives the Cabalist + Sorcerer plenty of time to pick them off from range.

But yes, the most fault-tolerant Alb setup is entirely without a cloth caster (possibly a sorcerer).

F

Flimgoblin

sprinted all around caldey with Catalina twisting end like that - you lose a little bit over time (hence longwind 1 is handy) but it lasts a lot longer than it would if it just drained power. Of course if end does get a bit low you can put it on permanently and walk for a few seconds ;)

O

old.krane

Sorc/theurg
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Tank (pref merc)
Tank (pref polearms)
Tank (pref 2h arms)
Mincer

F

faderullan

Cleric(moc purge rp bof) - Heal
Sorc(moc purge mota4) - Mez and run around
Minstrel(sos,purge) - Be a bitch against enemy healers
Paladin(fh,purge,last end) - Assist main tank
Theurgist(moc,purge,rp) - Spam pets on all healers, assist nuke as backup, oh and rebuff haste plus earth buff every 10minute ;)
Mercenery(determination5,purge,high mop) - Main tank
Mercenery(determination5,purge,high mop) - Assist main tank

This is standard <public enemies> setup.

Theurgist spot can go to another tank also. Merc or polearmsmen.

With this setup we are almost unbeatble on prydwen atm. We are all very high realm rank, which of course helps

K

Kahland

best grp

theurg
cleric
cleric
merc
merc
minstrel
pala
sorc

instead of another merc you get.

damage add
haste
10sec pbt
petspammer
nuker

which sums up in a good way.

A

arrakeen

Problem with caster groups against hibs is baod, if casters are debuffing and assisting each other the dmg will still be ok, but not good enough to take support down fast enough before druids heal, and the debuff will be nerfede to 8 sec, and with baod thats barely enough for 1 nuke :p

against mids i would imaginen they could do pretty well.

atleast i have been in some really nice caster groups, remember a fight in odins near htk where we where fighting against VGN and it ended up with the hib and mid casters running around beating eachother with staves :p
was great fun :)

Never really had a fight against a alb caster group with debuff or pbaoe... quess thats more hib style :p

D

Dunmer

BEST ALBION GRP:

7 cabalist
1 paladin

4TEHWIN!!!111

S

stighelmer

Originally posted by faderullan
Sorc(moc purge mota4) - Mez and run around
Minstrel(sos,purge) - Be a bitch against enemy healers
Paladin(fh,purge,last end) - Assist main tank
Theurgist(moc,purge,rp) - Spam pets on all healers, assist nuke as backup, oh and rebuff haste plus earth buff every 10minute ;)
Mercenery(determination5,purge,high mop) - Main tank
Mercenery(determination5,purge,high mop) - Assist main tank

This is standard <public enemies> setup.

Theurgist spot can go to another tank also. Merc or polearmsmen.

With this setup we are almost unbeatble on prydwen atm. We are all very high realm rank, which of course helps

Almost unbeatable? I am assuming you do not have any high realm rank chanter groups running around. Because with their RAs up how the hell do you rip through teh cage ?

I am curious :)

F

faderullan

ae interupt on both theurgist and sorc. And 4 assisting damage dealers with earth buffs and haste kill things fast.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Dom
In last days, i was thinking about it.... and finally , though on one, but need to be really good played.

so...

3 arsmans
1 sorcer

2 clerics

1 cabalist

1 paladin

I am sure, when you are reading this grp, you are thinking,lol he doesnt write mistrel , we loose speed, sos , and interrupt with mezz and stun... ok, i know this. 1. you dont need speed, sorcer sped + all spriting is total enough. 2. really , you dont need sos, i know is one great ability as offensive/defensive.... but really isnt that needed,3. about the interrupt , one cabalist do this 1000 times better anyone other char.

So , lets start : dmg and offensive , you got 3 arsmans, 2 speced in 2 h , and 1 speced on s/s , to chain guard and slam when you are going yo break mezz on one enemy.

All people is talking all the days, about mercs are very good and blablabla.... but the important is do one high dmg, in few time... 3 arsman atacking at the same time, can do more dmg that another set of melee ( for example 2 merc,friar , for example ).

and to help the tanks on kill , you got the caby that can debuff his onw base dmg, and disease to interrupt, snare, low ws , less str, to the enemys, he helps alot doing disease over the root, when sorc does it.

You got sorcer to mezz, help on kill too, pull agroo,STR/CON debuff!! , root etc... ( remember the sorc will do soo nice dmg with his dd, assisting to the caby, because the have same dmg ressist on drain life, and the caby will debuff for them both ).

You 2 clerics for spread heals,buff, ressist, interrupt and the best defense ability on game, BOF!!!!! ;).

and finally you got the pala, to protect the caster, the s/s arsman can help on this too.

1 good defensive hero/warrior will own that group so hard.

Without mincerspeed I reckon you will find yourself jumped more then if you had one.

but sure, having someone in the group who can ae disease isn't to bad.

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by arrakeen
Problem with caster groups against hibs is baod, if casters are debuffing and assisting each other the dmg will still be ok, but not good enough to take support down fast enough before druids heal, and the debuff will be nerfede to 8 sec, and with baod thats barely enough for 1 nuke :p

you would be surprised how few hib groups have BAOD. Either there is no chanter in group or the chanters dont have BAOD (a consequence of the fact that albs and mids run 90% tank groups). Also BAOD is a 30 min RA...

As I see it now the setup I have been using in the last few weeks is perfect for the current situation: we were using 1 bard, 2 druids (2xGP, preferrably one nature but not a must), 1 warden (for pbt, resist buffs, TWF), 2 mana elds (pbaoe, snare dd, aoe snare, aoe disease, aoe str/con debuff, single dex/qui debuff, single str debuff, single dex debuff, nearsight), 2 shield heros.
One hero is purely defensive and switches guard to the caster under attack - the other one and the warden go interrupt/kill support.
So how was this group performing? excellent - cant remember losing one fair fight against an alb group; same against mids except for JH - which against we lost some and won some.
The only reason we lost against JH sometimes was that savage damage is just insane atm (not a whine - just a matter of fact).

OK, such a long story and what do I want to say: Alb groups who want to win against good hib groups need casters to take out the pb cage. Albs do not have an insanely overpowered class like the savage that could drop a caster before it can do damage. The only way for albs to kill a good hib pb group is to nuke the pbers from range.

So the problem for albs atm is that they need 2 different setups to fight mids and hibs - while mids (tank groups) and hibs (pb heavy groups) can use their setup against both other realms.

What will happen in the future: A nerf to savages and a boost to casters (lower resists) will encourage alb and mid groups to use casters again. And this is a big chance for the game to become balanced: having a good mix of all classes in a group. Only big problem remaining is the long mez times for non-det classes...

Domain's suggested group would probably do better against the average hib group but worse against the averge mid group. Still worth a try ;)

D

Dom

yus garba, i just was thinking one grp to kill "out grp" :))

but i think this grp, can kill mids too :)

O

old.Zoyster

Running Without a Minstrel will soon get boring.......
We roamed once with 2 Paladins And it was wicked, Sprint constantly and Ganked well with teh extra tank. But you will get bored of the lack of serious speed after 1 night.

K

kin

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
you would be surprised how few hib groups have BAOD. Either there is no chanter in group or the chanters dont have BAOD (a consequence of the fact that albs and mids run 90% tank groups). Also BAOD is a 30 min RA...

As I see it now the setup I have been using in the last few weeks is perfect for the current situation: we were using 1 bard, 2 druids (2xGP, preferrably one nature but not a must), 1 warden (for pbt, resist buffs, TWF), 2 mana elds (pbaoe, snare dd, aoe snare, aoe disease, aoe str/con debuff, single dex/qui debuff, single str debuff, single dex debuff, nearsight), 2 shield heros.
One hero is purely defensive and switches guard to the caster under attack - the other one and the warden go interrupt/kill support.
So how was this group performing? excellent - cant remember losing one fair fight against an alb group; same against mids except for JH - which against we lost some and won some.
The only reason we lost against JH sometimes was that savage damage is just insane atm (not a whine - just a matter of fact).

OK, such a long story and what do I want to say: Alb groups who want to win against good hib groups need casters to take out the pb cage. Albs do not have an insanely overpowered class like the savage that could drop a caster before it can do damage. The only way for albs to kill a good hib pb group is to nuke the pbers from range.

So the problem for albs atm is that they need 2 different setups to fight mids and hibs - while mids (tank groups) and hibs (pb heavy groups) can use their setup against both other realms.

What will happen in the future: A nerf to savages and a boost to casters (lower resists) will encourage alb and mid groups to use casters again. And this is a big chance for the game to become balanced: having a good mix of all classes in a group. Only big problem remaining is the long mez times for non-det classes...

Domain's suggested group would probably do better against the average hib group but worse against the averge mid group. Still worth a try ;)

I agree 100 %.

To use 2 clothwearers to enhance eachother is a flexibel way.
Because atm mages do to little dd damage, except chanters.

Often battles are confusing and the xtra ranged damage might be nice, and often if you either win or lose is not a matter of having 1 tank more. I have an old tangler farmer, which i respecced to spirit for the fun, and together with a body specced
sorc we where dropping enemies in a few seconds. Like 1100+
damage every 1.5 sec is awesome for any alb group.
Why i think high body spec is best sorc spec atm if you can find
a regular spirit cabby to do rvr with. Mezz dont last long against mids and hibs anyway, so you might aswell dish out some damage.

Albions biggest problem is the paladin mincer sorc + 2 clerics dilema. They are needed in most groups, but on low damage tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom