Been said before, needs to be said again... - Reavers in RvR

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Cawr said:
Your accusing alb pick up groups of running only with the so called fotm setups... hahahahahahaha.
I'm sorry but i fail to see where i "accuse alb pickupgroups of running only with the so called fotm setups".

Belomar

Part of the furniture
acei said:
Even with ToA casters can't do 300+ dmg ever 1.5seconds with extreme amounts of defense, reavers can ;)
Ehhh, I do 450-570 damage every 1.3 seconds, how's that? :touch: With ToA (pre-1.68), it will be every ~1 second or so.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kagato said:
We can but hope, though personally I think the very nature of the ml's just proves how mythic are forcing the game towards zerg warfare rather then fg vs fg. And with goa's poor servers , zerg warfare is not as much fun for us as the americans (assuming you find any enjoyment in zergs at all, which I don't) our servers just don't handle it well.

But getting back to ml's, I can see how they will give even the most unwanted of classes more group friendly abilities however I do not think it will change much with classes that are simply over powered already. The weak get better but the strong get even stronger ?

det 5 merc with grapple and bodyguard lfg...

unfortunately I think MLs will probably pigeonhole people even more, that said a perfector friar might get in a group ;)

GOA's servers are in general better than the ones in the US - only their larger servers have the same hardware. They had problems recently (just after the mid alarm clock raid) but they were fixed - it held up nicely to 200 albs and 200 mids in the midgard frontier last week.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Asha said:
not what I meant.
I meant they are supposed to take a while to do, so hopefully it won't be so easy to switch main chars

ahhh I see :) probably right there - people won't be char changing to get the latest fotm - though I'm sure people will find some way to powerML their chars with a necro soon enough

Night

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
Reavers damage on Leviathan is over rated, I don't see why people boast about it lots, yes it's nice damage, but its hardly surpising being a L50 style.
QUOTE]
right, 500+dmg every 1.5 secs is over rated? does a merc do this kind of dmg this fast? and its rarely resisted.

Waok,Mercs have more utilty?....mercs have a ranged DD called flurry which is used every 5 mins? reaver has a 1500 dot and a 1000 tap, they also have pbaoe interrupt, a 300 range style called Asp, which can be used as PF in a way to catch running healers etc, also have pbaoe lifetap, an abs debuff, offensive slam, a self dmg add better than normal EB, our dmg will allways be + or neutral to a enemy player(slash and crush weps)...Mercs only have det which we dont have...i still fail to see how Mercs have more utilty??

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
Waok,Mercs have more utilty?....mercs have a ranged DD called flurry which is used every 5 mins? reaver has a 1500 dot and a 1000 tap, they also have pbaoe interrupt, a 300 range style called Asp, which can be used as PF in a way to catch running healers etc, also have pbaoe lifetap, an abs debuff, offensive slam, a self dmg add better than normal EB, our dmg will allways be + or neutral to a enemy player(slash and crush weps)...Mercs only have det which we dont have...i still fail to see how Mercs have more utilty??

det, det and det. an rvr grp without it is cannon fodder. reavers obviously dont have it, there for merc > reaver in a good rvr setup.

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Did i say a full reaver grp? no a 2 det tank with a reaver in is a viable grp...and det is getting nerfed soon ;) will you quit again then? change realm then come back and make a new character?

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
It is true most people/groups don't see the potential a reaver has.
This is one of the reasons I don't play my reaver much anymore (except in guild group).
vs. a caster group reavers are great to have, and vs tank groups they still serve a good role.
2 insta interrupts, on a 30 sec (seperate) timer really can take out that annoying caster/bard/druid/healer while you run up to it, slam it and start your levi . Even when they run from you you can still get in a few levi / asp (melee style with slightly increased range).
The aura's are handy to pop stealthers, interrupt casters or even vs. tanks debuff their AF.
Reavers are ok protecting your support, and they are great for taking out enemy support.
I really hope Mythic will resolve the RA issue, making reavers more welcome in groups, but untill then I'll play some of my other chars.

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
Did i say a full reaver grp? no a 2 det tank with a reaver in is a viable grp...and det is getting nerfed soon ;) will you quit again then? change realm then come back and make a new character?

2 det tank + theurg, cuz theurg > reaver. and to the last part :kissit:
/sigh @ u :(

Night

Fledgling Freddie
this thread was about why he couldnt get into emain pickup grps, ppl were trying to explain to him that reavers are viable in grps. not about your fotm setups ;)

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
this thread was about why he couldnt get into emain pickup grps, ppl were trying to explain to him that reavers are viable in grps. not about your fotm setups ;)

tbh i wasnt the 1 who brought up the fotm part, u guys did. :eek7:

but while we're on the subject im just saying that runing with the best possible setup reavers dont fit in, niether does arms for example in the best possible rvr tank grp. and ppl run with the best possible setup to win ofc, which is fun = reason im playing. tbh thats why ppl play savages to, so we cant really play them, would be fun to c a mid grp run with 3 warriors no? :eek2:

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Im not sure who brought it up, you encouraged it more than anyone else :p
And while we're on the subject, Reaver> most classes against hib pbaoe grps, they cant interrupt Reavers from interrupting. Instas!

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
Im not sure who brought it up, you encouraged it more than anyone else :p
And while we're on the subject, Reaver> most classes against hib pbaoe grps, they cant interrupt Reavers from interrupting. Instas!
i agree on the last part. tho me encouraging it :eek:? read up, posted once in this thread before this duscussion.

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Ghostfeet said:
2 det tank + theurg, cuz theurg > reaver. and to the last part :kissit:
/sigh @ u :(

I think 1 det tank + theurg + reaver will be good combo, if demez is good and reaver saves purge for root.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I have great fun with reaver and certainly more than I had with arms. Despite of my lack of time lately i managed to get rr5 last weekend and moreover I am gonna use reaver as main char for MLs and after. Oh, and I think i will go for Banelord which is helps reaver at what he is already good at, vs caster groups.

Driving groups is good too as reaver have the longest range instant interrupt from all alb classes. I would very much prefer it though if they exchanged range between lifedrain and dot shout. And that is because if i use dot shout on enemy CCer i succesfully interrupt him from casting and thus giving time to sorc to do the mezz but unfortunately dot will break the mezz on him afterwards which suck. Give lifedrain shout the dot shout range please...

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Ghostfeet said:
tbh i wasnt the 1 who brought up the fotm part, u guys did. :eek7:

but while we're on the subject im just saying that runing with the best possible setup reavers dont fit in

What your best possible set up is depends on what the enemy is running. Against a caster group, I'd say that two mercs plus one reaver offers more than three mercs or two mercs and a theurg. And, of course, it depends on what kind of caster groups you're talking about - what's optimal against a hibby pbaoe group isn't necessarily optimal against a SM group.

One of the nice ways that the game appears to be developing is towards more varieties of competitive group set ups. Once det gets reviewed, that will mean even more variety.

What a reaver gives to a group is utility, in the broad sense: because of his damage output and debuffs, he's an asset against tank groups (as long as you're smart about mezzes: he's either got to work to move and avoid mezz, or have purge - and the self control to use it ONLY when rooted, trusting the mincer and sorc to demezz him fast). He's also an asset against caster groups, of course. A reaver (if you'll forgive the joke) is very flexible.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Intercept is a nice tool to use against CC. I try get more used to it ;)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Ehhh, I do 450-570 damage every 1.3 seconds, how's that? :touch: With ToA (pre-1.68), it will be every ~1 second or so.
Yup, nice damage, you wear chain have shield, parry and evade though ;)?

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie

They're effective vs both mid and hib groups, reavers are only an effective source against hib groups, that alone is enough, this is my own opinion btw.

Yes, reavers have slam and interupts, ok. Kinda proving my point about the class primarily being a class which irratate's the enemy rather than doing anything damage wise over time.

-

I still think, that a 50 Thrust 50 DW rr6 merc with tones of passives, will do tones more damage over time than a reaver, not having to worry about standing around for a minute, or getting rooted for a minute.

yes.. duh.. but you compare your damage to a merc.. i'm stating the obvious to a rr7 reaver.

-

Ghostfeet, your ignorance is beginging to piss me off, rather like some of your BoB counterparts, you were a nice guy, but ever since I insulted you becuase you had no idea how to play your ebay chars, so don't go yelling about how useful a reaver is when you dont know the first thing about your own char, your the kind of twats who employ this FOTM must have det issue.

Whats it? Assist Elahim , Stick? ohh sorry.. HARD.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
Yes, reavers have slam and interupts, ok. Kinda proving my point about the class primarily being a class which irratate's the enemy rather than doing anything damage wise over time.

I'm a bit confused with your quoting, so forgive me if this isn't your sentence Waok :) But surely interrupting is absolutely vital against a tank group? Keep those healers occupied, and you give you damage-dealers a much better chance of taking their assist train apart... a mincer and a reaver running around "irritating" the healers gives you a heck of a chance.

Or am I talking out my arse? :)

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
I'm a bit confused with your quoting, so forgive me if this isn't your sentence Waok :) But surely interrupting is absolutely vital against a tank group? Keep those healers occupied, and you give you damage-dealers a much better chance of taking their assist train apart... a mincer and a reaver running around "irritating" the healers gives you a heck of a chance.

Soz

I'm just saying that if a reaver runs into the pb hib box, and spams his ae's, the chances of the reavers group winning are very high.

The function of interupting only applies to hib groups, I find when against mid groups, i'm just assisting the MA mainly, and interupting any threats with my dd's. I just feel a merc would be a better addition to the group than reaver in a mid group situation.

As I said this in my opinion, silly or whatever, it's just how I feel and is why I quit my reaver.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:

theur does a much much better job vs tank groups (and their pets are nice to hide in for clerics/casters)

reavers do not interupt that much vs. proper mid groups, you will get cc'ed if you are bothering any decent healer/shammie.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
theur does a much much better job vs tank groups (and their pets are nice to hide in for clerics/casters)

But... the flip side of that is that the cloth wearer is going to die very fast, thanks to being a cloth wearer (and thus an easy-to-spot target), as well as being a cloth wearer (and therefore going down quick).

Did I mention theurg's are cloth wearers? :)

I know what you mean - theurgs are great interrupters. But *much much* better in that role than a reaver? That's debatable. Given that one of the most frequent complaints about Alb groups is that we HAVE to use a cloth wearer for crowd control, adding another cloth wearer when you have a viable chain wearer to fulfill the same role seems a bit odd.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
The function of interupting only applies to hib groups, I find when against mid groups, i'm just assisting the MA mainly, and interupting any threats with my dd's. I just feel a merc would be a better addition to the group than reaver in a mid group situation.

But that's the thing - a reaver can act as main interrupter against a Hib caster group, while contributing damage in the assist train that's close to that of a merc (if not sometimes higher). In other words, a reaver gives a group more options than a merc against diverse enemies.

Shame you've stopped playing your reaver, it was always good to see you get kills :)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
But... the flip side of that is that the cloth wearer is going to die very fast, thanks to being a cloth wearer (and thus an easy-to-spot target), as well as being a cloth wearer (and therefore going down quick).

Did I mention theurg's are cloth wearers? :)

I know what you mean - theurgs are great interrupters. But *much much* better in that role than a reaver? That's debatable. Given that one of the most frequent complaints about Alb groups is that we HAVE to use a cloth wearer for crowd control, adding another cloth wearer when you have a viable chain wearer to fulfill the same role seems a bit odd.
well the 3 ppl I mentioned before can stay up for a huge amount of time, in fact often don't get hit at all.
since the little savage nerf and the big theurg boost, I don't complain about 2 casters in group :)

Parlain

Fledgling Freddie
Domain just loves my reaver ^^

Having said that, I have to say:

1) Levi is overrated; any opponent worth his salt know not you let you get back styles off and when they are in strafe mode I tend to get more indigosnake side styles off

However it is nice when you find someonje who doesn't purge slam.

2) If you don't have a theurg in grp or a theurgbot you aren't swinging at 1.5 sec, in fact you aren't even close. This will o/c change with the new ToA caps but prior to this you having been operating at full potential unless you have been religiously making and consuming hastepots...

3) Root kills Reavers: I usually play a Paladin so I have plenty of experience at avoiding cc like the plague but as has been pointed out, root wipes you out of the fight for the duration, especially as AoM has been nerfed, cc durations are liekly to go up. Will purge artifacts help? Probably

4) Utility: Yeah sure Reavers have plenty of utility but the new fotm Theurgist with extended petspamz0r has more utility than you can shake a stick at, damage for damage comparison vs a guarded opponent mercs beat out a reaver unless the reaver is landing levi each and every time.

5) General Impressions: Why do people come and moan that "My xxx class isn't getting groups" pickup or otherwise. Surely if you have played well someone will give you a chance; if it's your first character you have to build up your reputation just the same as everyone else, otherwise try and make your own or kidnap your guildies to help you form a group; generally I find if I want to try something new I choose friends to help test it so good or bad we have fun.

Failing all of the above roll an infil and a buffbot :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom