Been said before, needs to be said again... - Reavers in RvR

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
if you wanna do gimp grps with reavers do them yourselves and dont wajn its really that easy..

Ghostfeet

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
says the fotm merc ;)

3 reavers for teh win.

hehe tbh i prefere 2 mercs 1 theurg. and im not fotm, i'm grp "friendly". reavers should reroll tbh/make their own grps/ or stop wajning when they dont get 1. :p

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ghostfeet said:
hehe tbh i prefere 2 mercs 1 theurg. and im not fotm, i'm grp "friendly". reavers should reroll tbh/make their own grps/ or stop wajning when they dont get 1. :p
Are you like... Spokesman of the clueless, or something?

Cawr

Fledgling Freddie
Divinia said:
alb1: should we try something new today?
alb2: no ffs nothing new, then we might ehumm.. lose!!
alb1: we can atleast try it?
alb2: NO FFS NO NEW THINGS!

Your accusing alb pick up groups of running only with the so called fotm setups... hahahahahahaha.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
The reason there aren't many FotM groups with Reavers in is purely down to obsession with Det - remove this difference and Reaver > Any other Alb melee in almost all situations
mostly because of det yes. but also because a dw merc blows past guardbots and slices thru pbt better than a reaver/armsman or friar ever can. 50% better in fact. add teh fact that a merc gets more benefit from eb/haste and has nearly 2x teh chances to proc/crit.

merc > all other tanks for rvr, simply because they dual wield. det and pf are nice bonuses tho :m00:

reavers do have thier place, very very handy vs hib mage grps. if emain is hib zerged random grps shouldn't be leaving reavers lfg, thats dumb.

Larik

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest as far as pure interrupts go, I'd wouldn't discount a Reaver for a Theurgist right away. If a Theurgist cast pets to interrupt 4+ different enemies, that's only as the enemy failed to do something to interrupt/mezz (etc) the Theurgist by then. Playing an Avalonian I'm typically the first or second to die in an rvr group. If a Reaver stays alive longer, can interrupt for longer. And they have a lot going for them apart from interrupts...

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
you should see lirei or alox or tiny(playing ardok) then :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Sooner or later something will be done about Detirmination, possibly during the RA Review/New Frontiers, and with that RvR will change dramatically, and Reavers will probably become the new 'fotm' with it (anyone else getting really pissed off with that phrase besides me?). And chances are even further down the road they'll probably get nerfed for it, as we cannot have Albion with a good class now can we?

But seriously, I would not put so much concern and effort into perfect group ideas and future fotm classes to roll, as its all liable to change in New Frontiers, and all the people waiting for ToA for there new uber characters may well find themselves disapointed when they finally hit 50 just in time to have New Frontiers foil their perfect plans.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
hopefully Mlvls nerf fotm greatly

We can but hope, though personally I think the very nature of the ml's just proves how mythic are forcing the game towards zerg warfare rather then fg vs fg. And with goa's poor servers , zerg warfare is not as much fun for us as the americans (assuming you find any enjoyment in zergs at all, which I don't) our servers just don't handle it well.

But getting back to ml's, I can see how they will give even the most unwanted of classes more group friendly abilities however I do not think it will change much with classes that are simply over powered already. The weak get better but the strong get even stronger ?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
not what I meant.
I meant they are supposed to take a while to do, so hopefully it won't be so easy to switch main chars

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
2000 range >>>> reaver pbaoe range ...

different class's different jobs...

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
mostly because of det yes. but also because a dw merc blows past guardbots and slices thru pbt better than a reaver/armsman or friar ever can.
And with a Reaver, you just perma-interrupt the guarded player while you kill the guard.... you're going to need to do this with ToA anyway (bodyguard).

(well... not need, but it's one tactic ;))

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
not what I meant.
I meant they are supposed to take a while to do, so hopefully it won't be so easy to switch main chars

And that is the single worse thing about ToA, weeks and weeks of pve, pointless quests and annoying mobs. :( Nice bright side though that your looking on ;)

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Sooner or later something will be done about Detirmination, possibly during the RA Review/New Frontiers, and with that RvR will change dramatically, and Reavers will probably become the new 'fotm' with it?
once det is nerfed they still wont be wanted, no tanks will be except paladins, dark age of castalot are inc

vintervargen

Banned
Gorre said:
as many ppl said before if reavers would have acces to det it would be the best tank/hybrid in game
alot of ppl dont realise it wich is a shame

reaver with det <<<<<<< valewalker with det :D

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
And with a Reaver, you just perma-interrupt the guarded player while you kill the guard.... you're going to need to do this with ToA anyway (bodyguard).

(well... not need, but it's one tactic ;))

em oO kill the guard? :eek2:

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:
once det is nerfed they still wont be wanted, no tanks will be except paladins, dark age of castalot are inc
Even with ToA casters can't do 300+ dmg ever 1.5seconds with extreme amounts of defense, reavers can ;)

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
The sooner albs realise the effectiveness of reavers, the better.

Yes det is an issue but not as big as you would think. If the player behind the char is good then they'll peel off the group at the sign of incoming enemies to avoid mezz, and a little tip when you're rooted, simply cast your lifetap proc buff and watch as someone breaks the root cos they think you're a cleric (you'll be amazed at how often it happens, sorry fishy ppl but you're screwed on this one :p )

The insta-dot (with 1500 range) is a great mezz interrupter and will often force the bard/healer into an insta-mezz panic that you're det tank groupmates will love you for.

The pbae auras will scare the shit outta pbae box hib groups (UToS is nice for this as well) and often force them to MoC if it's up.

On top of all this, we do huge damage while having a good defense, a fully buffed reaver will levi for ~200 (+300 proc)(+60 lifetap)(+eb/self dmg add), and will have close to 2000 hp's with 760AF.

It's a shame we're not even considered for the majority of groups before we've been given a chance, at RR4 i still won't get a group in emain/odins after an hour and will end up solo/duo or with a small unbalanced guild group in HW (where we now meet the hib/mid fotm groups who can't cut it vs the big boys in odins)

Such a shame for a good class :(

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Reavers damage on Leviathan is over rated, I don't see why people boast about it lots, yes it's nice damage, but its hardly surpising being a L50 style.

But Cobra.. well Diff sorty.. thats imo the best STYLE EVER.

People don't see the reavers main utility with a group, most low rr groups see the reaver as a low hp hybrid, with no det and no group function, besides packing a nice punch in somones back every couple of secs.

The function of a reaver i woudl like people to take into account, is our ability to interupt, this form of ability I feel, is so highly underated, and makes life alot more easier for alb groups against hib pb caster groups, the interupts give alb groups a great advantage from my experince over these groups.

Mid groups are different, I feel like my char has no real utility in groups
against them, besides my 1500 range dot, we simply dont appeal to it, besides nice dmg, we lack the ability to use thrust flexible weapons and also the ability to interupt, due to the low rate of caster mid groups *savage for the win*.

The only way your going to get groups is if your in a active RvR guild, who need you when avail for the hib groups, and dont for the mid groups.

Or

You have a BB and solo/duo odins at a time more appripriate for these kinds of fights.

I feel for you btw, I know how stressful life is as a reaver, and your crying for groups but pople dont love you :( but stick with it mate, stay determined and i'm sure you'll go far.

p.s

Det would quite simply over power the reaver class, its already overpowerd enough as it is.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
Reavers damage on Leviathan is over rated, I don't see why people boast about it lots, yes it's nice damage, but its hardly surpising being a L50 style.

Erm lol.

Look at my post directly above yours, that's my typical damage on a levi.

Now show me another hybrid tank that can deal that sorta damage every 2s while pbae interrupting and pbae debuffing surrounding enemies AF by 13%.
In fact i'll bet that ain't far off the damage a merc will output over the same time.

Diamond Slash is a lvl50 style, should i expect my pala to do 500dmg a swing when i'm using it?

Agreed, Cobra is an awesome style but how often do you think you'll pull it off in RvR, 4th style in a block chain is very very rare (certainly alot more likely if you're soloing)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
But Cobra.. well Diff sorty.. thats imo the best STYLE EVER.
I use this style often, and love it, but not for RvR. Because it's in a 4 part chain it's too hard to get off, usually one of the parts is blocked, parried or evaded :(

waok`whips

Fledgling Freddie
Generation said:
Erm lol.

Look at my post directly above yours, that's my typical damage on a levi.

Now show me another hybrid tank that can deal that sorta damage every 2s while pbae interrupting and pbae debuffing surrounding enemies AF by 13%.
In fact i'll bet that ain't far off the damage a merc will output over the same time.

Diamond Slash is a lvl50 style, should i expect my pala to do 500dmg a swing when i'm using it?

Agreed, Cobra is an awesome style but how often do you think you'll pull it off in RvR, 4th style in a block chain is very very rare (certainly alot more likely if you're soloing)

You don't have det. Mercs do more damage than you, they have more utility than you, they can use thrust, they have pf, they have cheap RA's, you don't.

As I said, Leviathan is over rated, 500 is hardly nice damage compared to arms or mercs. As I said, if I was ina group versus mids, I woudnt want a reaver.. I have my mercs for damage. If i'm thinking about taking on hib groups, then i'll want to piss off the pb with interupts, so i'l use a reaver..

You dont use a reaver for damage, you use it for its effectiveness in interupting.

mercs do the damage.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
And with a Reaver, you just perma-interrupt the guarded player while you kill the guard....
until the next mezz/root timer is up and assuming the guardee is a caster, yeah ;)

and gl killing a 50shield mob4 hero enveloped by 6s pbt with a 1h weapon also :m00:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
until the next mezz/root timer is up and assuming the guardee is a caster, yeah ;)

and gl killing a 50shield mob4 hero enveloped by 6s pbt with a 1h weapon also :m00:

i think u miss his point... i supose u go for the caster first or healer?? if u do it gonna be pointless with bodyguard, then u have to kill the bodyguarder first and then the caster/healer can just pbaoe/heal away but if u got a reaver in grp (theurgist pet is useless in this case) he cant!! then u 2 mercs for dmg and the reaver for interrupting trough the bodyguard

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder said:
i think u miss his point... i supose u go for the caster first or healer?? if u do it gonna be pointless with bodyguard, then u have to kill the bodyguarder first and then the caster/healer can just pbaoe/heal away but if u got a reaver in grp (theurgist pet is useless in this case) he cant!! then u 2 mercs for dmg and the reaver for interrupting trough the bodyguard
u go for a healer or a caster as a reaver and you WILL get CC'ed
still think reaver is a nice class but for fotm emain rvr, it doesn't fit in.
levi is great damage, but it's not always so easy to land a rear style on a decent player (or a cheating straffer) and the proc does get resisted, so it's not like you do 500 every single time you land levi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom