BD's Strafing

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well u cant blaim a BD for strafing i guess but other casters cant just strafe because their only attack needed to win is an insta. they have to target and cast fast (aka react) or die.

thats where this goes wrong. A caster should still need to react and have to use like multiple spells to win fights. not stick a button down.

its why they are correctly branded as easy mode. this one wont get addressed so we just have to be thankfull its a boring as fuck class to play and many dont.

Also peeps tend not to give a shit about steamrollering them which is good.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
How about collision detection, body blocking, no face command and so on (like in all modern games)?

Oh wait, NFL mode on DAoC might be incoming soon, then we get collision dection and body blocking.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Manisch Depressiv said:
How about collision detection, body blocking, no face command and so on (like in all modern games)?

Oh wait, NFL mode on DAoC might be incoming soon, then we get collision dection and body blocking.
i actually think adding collision detection for enemy realms is a good thing,
it would actually give tanks a role in the game again, a side effect however would be that the possiblility for abuse is also significant such as tanks blocking the way so casters can nuke, but then equally this could be regarded as a tactic.
It also will add a new dimension to support tanks roles, as you could block the way of tanks trying to kill a caster for example (meaning you can actually body guard rather than hitting a ability).
But thats a different discussion entirely.

Dorimor1

Banned
Hey its how I got Bane of Alb (lolz I rox) on my thid bonedancer because pwning /level 20 rogstar noobs wasn't easy enough.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Well its not as bad as a cabby i fought other day who window dragged after id's PA'd him, at which point he appeared 1000 range in opposite direction...... such a waste of vanish.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Cyen said:
who fucking asked you prick. it was a simple question.

Let me guess...a reroll of someone recently banned...let's see...

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Well Censi i completly agree with you, but you must learn this..when you see a BD just call all the ppl you can and zerg it and farm it if he comes back just for the fun of it, BDs are lame.

Ill zerg/add on any BD that i see tbh bloody lame kids playing them anyways

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Theres 1-2 classes in the game that can reliably kill a BD without doing a mass-ability dump...Theres a few good ones who use the class to its full, rather frightening potential. Most are fairly clueless - for example i kited one + his DI bot into the GGiant in odins the other week...and what does he do? tries to thornweed me as i get near it.

One aggro'ed L75+ mob and one dead BD later. /Laughspam :)

I agree, strafing on a class that can usually win most fights by holding down one button is pretty clueless.

Edit: Strafing would be easy to fix in the code - just count strafing at any time as halfing spell damage/melee damage and reduce movement speed to 1/4 of normal while strafing. Or make it use end so it's only doable with at least 10% endurance.Problem solved. Think we'd see a massive decrease in the number of strafing fools overnight.

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Why whine on BDs strafing when the majority of all meleers keeps running through so the casters gets not visible? Call BDs lame, but so are the strafing tanks.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Namefake said:
Why whine on BDs strafing when the majority of all meleers keeps running through so the casters gets not visible? Call BDs lame, but so are the strafing tanks.

everyone is lame at some point, but I agreen if u try to avoid takeing dmg by moving around useing a "bug" that can't be fixxed so it's working as intented is lame :)

Nate

FH is my second home
TheBinarySurfer said:
Edit: Strafing would be easy to fix in the code - just count strafing at any time as halfing spell damage/melee damage and reduce movement speed to 1/4 of normal while strafing. Or make it use end so it's only doable with at least 10% endurance.Problem solved. Think we'd see a massive decrease in the number of strafing fools overnight.

but then whenever a caster is getting hit he would just kite take a lot less dmg and wait for them to give up? ;s in fg v fg that is..its a nice idea, needs a bit more thought though imo

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer but fights with other casters kind of work. U have to tie them down, if they get away from you or crack like moc or something its like anyones game because at the end of the day they are fragile (with a few silly "I win" exceptions") fighting all bonebancers is just silly (for me anyway).

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Nate said:
but then whenever a caster is getting hit he would just kite take a lot less dmg and wait for them to give up? ;s in fg v fg that is..its a nice idea, needs a bit more thought though imo

Not really - perhaps add a section of code that means the longer you stay still the better the damage you deliver with any nuke as a caster (so still for 5 seconds = full damage, still for 1 second = 20% damage of normal etc. Modify the interrupt code to mean that only a DAMAGING effect interrupts a caster/archery and voila you suddenly have casters balanced a bit better.

Also no caster could kite a tank train by strafing? ;) Not unless that have a mach 20 hack!

It would make groups run arms/paladin/warden/warrior/(can't remember if thanes get bg too?) as something other than bg monkeys more too - having a Slam tank on your /assist train suddenly becomes really useful.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
It would make groups run arms/paladin/warden/warrior/(can't remember if thanes get bg too?) as something other than bg monkeys more too - having a Slam tank on your /assist train suddenly becomes really useful.

If only

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
strafing + counterstrafing is fun

Yeah but not so fun when the BDs spells are instant and you got his pet hitting you anyways ;<

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
after reading this thread and many others like it over the years, you really gotta wonder what exactly people are expecting of their enemies... to sit down, take off their armor and stick their fingers up their #@$#@$ so you can easier kill them?

God forbid people try to fight back using the perfectly legit controls and abilities this game provides.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Gondath said:
after reading this thread and many others like it over the years, you really gotta wonder what exactly people are expecting of their enemies... to sit down, take off their armor and stick their fingers up their #@$#@$ so you can easier kill them?

God forbid people try to fight back using the perfectly legit controls and abilities this game provides.

Ever tried quickcasting a spell only to see the message "target not in view" because he legitly used his controls to run through at the exact moment the spell was about to be cast?

Its the abuse of the server lag thats the problem - dont think they would strafe around if it didnt cause the message "target not in view" - then they would just do the good old normal kiting ^_^

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

I can't even imagine how annoying this would be if it was really zergy, or on ML's or things like that...gaah!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:
Yeah but not so fun when the BDs spells are instant and you got his pet hitting you anyways ;<

pa+cd+ss+garrote+dotmine = dead bd, straaafe or not :p

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:
Ever tried quickcasting a spell only to see the message "target not in view" because he legitly used his controls to run through at the exact moment the spell was about to be cast?

Its the abuse of the server lag thats the problem - dont think they would strafe around if it didnt cause the message "target not in view" - then they would just do the good old normal kiting ^_^

if you let the tanks get close enough to do that to you ur playing wrong tbh, u should be kiting before that happens imo.

Not like anything is better in RvR for tanks though.

if you go solo, then it aint to fun really though, killing a solo mage as an assassin is about as noskill as it gets really, depends some on what kind of mage it is I suppose, but most mages more or less insta die.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
if you go solo, then it aint to fun really though, killing a solo mage as an assassin is about as noskill as it gets really, depends some on what kind of mage it is I suppose, but most mages more or less insta die.

Moc lollertap? Or even the more fun - ML9 pet and run away! Or, RR5 and then ML9 pet, stand still and do a /rofl.

The only one insta dying will be the assassin :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
pip said:
85% of the server use straf so why not a bd?

ps wish warlocks could straf

Wouldn't straffing just get in the way of you uninterruptable pbaoe? No point really.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Moc lollertap? Or even the more fun - ML9 pet and run away! Or, RR5 and then ML9 pet, stand still and do a /rofl.

The only one insta dying will be the assassin :)

Ofcourse the mage can also kill the assassin depending on what class and what Abils, and yeah run off meight after you are at almost no HP and snared/dis, I would like to see that, and a whole bunch of other thing the asassin can do.

It can go both way ofcourse, but mostly the mage dosent stand a chance tbh.

Easiest RP's are mages without pets though.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Easiest RP's are mages without pets though.

Well, yeah. But not many solo wizzies or runies around tho :p And running away as a mage when being diseased doesn't seem to hard since they're all capable of doing it. I would find following the mage when constantly being stunned by a pet more of a trouble :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
pa+cd+ss+garrote+dotmine = dead bd, straaafe or not :p

Yeah then he purges the CD-stun, hits snaring tendrils and bye bye :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Well, yeah. But not many solo wizzies or runies around tho :p And running away as a mage when being diseased doesn't seem to hard since they're all capable of doing it. I would find following the mage when constantly being stunned by a pet more of a trouble :p

Im not only thinking from the hib view now though, there are many Eld's and Bainshee's about, and killing them as an Assassin dosent seem all to hard tbh ;D

ohwell, nevermind, I have only myself played an NS in thid so aint an expert, prolly only class I havent played in Front tbh, but it dosent seem hard atall to kill of mages with them, from how I have seen it.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Im not only thinking from the hib view now though, there are many Eld's and Bainshee's about, and killing them as an Assassin dosent seem all to hard tbh ;D

ohwell, nevermind, I have only myself played an NS in thid so aint an expert, prolly only class I havent played in Front tbh, but it dosent seem hard atall to kill of mages with them, from how I have seen it.

If you manage to get a PA + followup in, they're all easy. (Except if some blasted pet keeps intercepting the blow :D) But most mages are just a pain without Purge. Even bainshee (near interruptable root) and Eldritch (stun :D). But it's all a matter of POV I guess, I'm not laughing when I get jumped by an assassin when I'm solo'ing on RM, certainly not when they need to strafe trough to avoid the rox root. But ah well, runemaster isn't one of those casters with alot of defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom