BD's Strafing

Cyen

Fledgling Freddie
when a class strafes so a melee class cant hit them and they cast and instant spell is that not an exploit? if not is there a way round it to stop them doing it?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Cyen said:
when a class strafes so a melee class cant hit them and they cast and instant spell is that not an exploit? if not is there a way round it to stop them doing it?

Not much you can do about it really, just try and avoid them or bring friends! :D

Septina

Part of the furniture
Cyen said:
who fucking asked you prick. it was a simple question.

A simple question that's been asked a million times before, even tho its a cheesy tactic its not against any rules as far as i know.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
yoda am right alot of anger in this post have becomed.... it takes about 2 -3 ranjur shots to kill the healers and they dont always notices :p

Cyen

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the reply's guys well most of u

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the people that play boneys are incredibly lame. they dont have any concept of running this toon for a good fight or a challenge. The BD is just a pointless toon in scirmish RVR.

you get people like denarious that just sit on top of bridges to add on fights below, with crytal titans on one climp point and like traps on the other pet gets auto aggro'd and ml9'd BD is already sprinting back to bleed keep.

Or you attack one and they instantly run for the water so they can bob up and down continually while the pet picks away at you. you cant hit them very often when they do this so the healer pet easily outheal the little damage you do.

The majority just go into spiral mode spinning around you.

I nearly put a bit of footage in my 4th vid of a BD that ran past me I attacked his healer pets. he just carried on running and didnt notice. I killed both his healer pets and then the commander, about 30 seconds later he comes running back looking for them (but found me)

Good thing is theres not actually too many BD's about I honestly think most just get totally bored with the toon in days not even weeks. theres no skill to it, its just a toon for the newbs.

As an assasin though if you PA it one its prolly toast. which is the saving grave nowadays with casters, assasins really insta pwn them which is how it should be.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I could write a huge post about it, but Censi, annoying little scamp that he is lately, has pretty much said it all.

As a tank facing one, theres not a great deal you can do unless your capable of extremely heavy damage out put and get lucky with the crit's. You can try popping battler to break through their PD but thats no garuntee either, and if they ML9 and run your fucked anyway unless you have cowering bellow AND its not resisted.

I usually try and alternate between snare styles and heavy damage styles to try and slow down their strafing whilst backing up, but as said already, most will just run straight for the water so they can abuse that instead.

pip

Banned
85% of the server use straf so why not a bd?

ps wish warlocks could straf

Ging

Part of the furniture
pip said:
85% of the server use straf so why not a bd?

ps wish warlocks could straf

and avoid run-through eh pip? :)

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
Yet another attack censi, mind it was fun when u + pm zerg tryed kill meh farm bott, ran into my titan and got wtf pooned, i got mcl 1 that day!, cheers ! xxxx

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
think im gonna roll a bd just to strafe like a sycho, maybe its gonna be borring quick but the whine it generates makes it worth the time :p

Himse

FH is my second home
censi said:
the people that play boneys are incredibly lame. they dont have any concept of running this toon for a good fight or a challenge. The BD is just a pointless toon in scirmish RVR.

you get people like denarious that just sit on top of bridges to add on fights below, with crytal titans on one climp point and like traps on the other pet gets auto aggro'd and ml9'd BD is already sprinting back to bleed keep.

Or you attack one and they instantly run for the water so they can bob up and down continually while the pet picks away at you. you cant hit them very often when they do this so the healer pet easily outheal the little damage you do.

The majority just go into spiral mode spinning around you.

I nearly put a bit of footage in my 4th vid of a BD that ran past me I attacked his healer pets. he just carried on running and didnt notice. I killed both his healer pets and then the commander, about 30 seconds later he comes running back looking for them (but found me)

Good thing is theres not actually too many BD's about I honestly think most just get totally bored with the toon in days not even weeks. theres no skill to it, its just a toon for the newbs.

As an assasin though if you PA it one its prolly toast. which is the saving grave nowadays with casters, assasins really insta pwn them which is how it should be.

This was fucking fantastic. thanks for making me laugh a hell of a lot. Its actually the player, not the class thats lame, if a BD chooses to strafe, thats it he strafes.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Cyen said:
who fucking asked you prick. it was a simple question.
o lolz, put your dummy back in your mouth and go back to pve baby :)
/edit omg such a personal attack im gonna cry :m00:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Yet another attack censi, mind it was fun when u + pm zerg tryed kill meh farm bott, ran into my titan and got wtf pooned, i got mcl 1 that day!, cheers ! xxxx

what you fail to comprehend is that any time I attack you, its actually just describing an in game event :) nice to hear your take on it though.

seriously whats funny about rvr'ing at brynja tower next to bleed with the plan to ml9 and run back to the tower as soon as anything attacks you. And that PM zerg as you describe it was me. You even apolagised for setting an ml9 pet on me from the roof when I was fighting a SB (which I accepted) and the next time I came back you did it again. But ofc your selective amnesia has already forgotten about that.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
This was fucking fantastic. thanks for making me laugh a hell of a lot. Its actually the player, not the class thats lame, if a BD chooses to strafe, thats it he strafes.

yw bro. yes its the player. its like the same mentality as someone who plays a necro or summin. Theres nothing fun about the class but you just get to exploit some of mythics more prolific crack pipe ideas. I mean does it float your boat to beat an opponent by holding down like a button and just moving around?

(disclaimer mythic is not a person I am allowed to insinuate they were on drugs when they developed certain things in daoc without it being directed at any person or player!)

Denarius

Loyal Freddie
censi said:
what you fail to comprehend is that any time I attack you, its actually just describing an in game event :) nice to hear your take on it though.

seriously whats funny about rvr'ing at brynja tower next to bleed with the plan to ml9 and run back to the tower as soon as anything attacks you. And that PM zerg as you describe it was me. You even apolagised for setting an ml9 pet on me from the roof when I was fighting a SB (which I accepted) and the next time I came back you did it again. But ofc your selective amnesia has already forgotten about that.
Lol, my bd was bonearmy spec then, totally untemplated, just wearing some crap rogs for spell dur, im hardly going to not kite high RR stealths, just sitting there would be a bad move, you will be happy to hear verm is full time pve bott so less whineing. as for attacking you, F8 ftw, shit happens, /rel

censi

Can't get enough of FH
running to realm guards is not kiting.

and dont gimme that F8 miss target crap, there is something called passive mode you know. I mean if the pet hits me once fair play but if it hits me 6 times till im dead then err.... no mate.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
forget it lol, keep on rocking it up with the other nice guys irls out there.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
censi said:
yw bro. yes its the player. its like the same mentality as someone who plays a necro or summin. Theres nothing fun about the class but you just get to exploit some of mythics more prolific crack pipe ideas. I mean does it float your boat to beat an opponent by holding down like a button and just moving around?

(disclaimer mythic is not a person I am allowed to insinuate they were on drugs when they developed certain things in daoc without it being directed at any person or player!)
newsflash, almost every caster strafes, almost every class with a side stun strafes, almost every person runs through to avoid qcast...
i could go on but i think you get the idea, all "bugs" or working as intended whichever line you take but the fact of the matter is its just as lame as a rr10 stealther raping a rr1 who doesnt have a chance in hell of coming out alive, or running in a fg and stamping on a soloer.
Get over it

censi

Can't get enough of FH
yer how dare that rr10 whos been playing for like 2 years, knows his class inside out and has invested like a massive amount of time and effort to get where he is, pwn some roglord rr1 with 4 days played!

maybe we should start off as rr11 and everytime u kill summin you loose realm points!

your other points are bollacks. The BD gets like a very high heal rate back from those pets when they are buffed to the point where the BD's primary tactic is purly to avoid getting hit. Its the only class that wins by complete triyng to lamer his opponent

Thats just wrong pretty much every other class in the game has to do SOMETHING to win other than not get hit. The sheer unlimited auto heal nature of those pets is totally overpowered in 1v1 scenarios. Hey I know though, just in case the nice guy runs out of lame ways of avoid getting hit lets give them an insta lifetap too! and just in case they are still struggling.... banelord or convoker take your pick... and in case they were afk for a minute at start of fight TWF to (should called is WTF!)

in fact a BD could win a fight totally AFK in theory. Cant say that about too many classes really.

Konstantin

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
in fact a BD could win a fight totally AFK in theory. Cant say that about too many classes really.
SM whit ml9 pet up and afk ? could work :p

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
rom pom pom pom!!!

What I dont understand is why, as pip says, 85% is using it as it seams that so many of us dislike it, me included.
All enemies I encounter nowdays strafe, and everytime I finnished the fight I wonder.... did he/she actualy enjoy that?
Wish there where no rps and I actually think the game would get back to a point where its playeable again.
Yes I know Im litle off topic here abit :touch: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom