BBC Slams Matrix:Revolutions...

S

sad_mung

BBC Slams Matrix:Revolutions...Now featuring Plot Spoilers!

*****LOADS OF PLOT SPOLIERS IN THIS THREAD.******

The BBC Review gives it a poor write up.

Has anyone seen the film yet.....legitimately or otherwise....?

*****LOADS OF PLOT SPOLIERS IN THIS THREAD.******

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by sad_mung
The BBC Review gives it a poor write up.

Has anyone seen the film yet.....legitimately or otherwise....?

going to see it tonight.

W

whipped

Me too, let you know what's it's like at about 11:30 :)

L

leggy

BBC on form with the shit reviews again I see.

T

Testin da Cable

Re: Re: BBC Slams Matrix:Revolutions...

Originally posted by DaGaffer
going to see it tonight.

as am I. I'm reserving all judgements till I've slept on it.

I

Insane

i'll tell you what its like after 4pm today ;)

S

(Shovel)

No matter how many times I tell myself "Don't read reviews" I still do - and typically read one with a fucking plot spoiler in it, fucking BBC.

I think, on the strength of that, and the absense of spoiler tags from these forums (and the BBC), I shall have to avoid all mentions of the Matrix word until I've seen it...

*Goes to dig a head-shaped hole in the sand*

I

Insane

*spoiler*

THEY ALL DIE!

*spoiler*

now use that for ANY film and your sorted, ruin every plot in existance ;)

right, im off
*disappears*

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Insane
*spoiler*

THEY ALL DIE!

*spoiler*

You do realise that you HAVE spoiled it, 'cos that's what happens.

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by sad_mung
You do realise that you HAVE spoiled it, 'cos that's what happens.

Now you've spoiled it! :(

L

leggy

I saw that shovel and averted my eyes just in the nick of time. I can't honestly believe they have included a plot spoiler. Wankers.

And mung fo.

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by leggy
I saw that shovel and averted my eyes just in the nick of time. I can't honestly believe they have included a plot spoiler. Wankers.

And mung fo.
TEE HEE!

J

Jonaldo

It turns out that Neo was asleep all the time and it was a dream he wakes up and theres a Dalek waiting for him saying exterminate Mr Anderson and theyre just about to shoot that funny steam ray at him when he gets beamed up to a starship run by Clangers and he runs from them when they make their weird noises but he cant get away so has to disguise himself as a Wookie so he does that and steals a shuttle and flies off to a planet that he thinks is Earth but its not and it has all these mutant Wookie eating Llama birds and he has to run away which is silly as hes not a mutant Wookie so is safe but he takes off the suit and now he looks like a mutant Wookie so needs to run from the Llama birds but then finds a big Alien that turns invisible and nearly gets killed but some monkeys save him then make him a slave then he escapes and sees a smashed up Statue of Liberty and he realises that in fact hes not even on another planet or travelled through time but just got confused by a really long and stupid sentence without any punctuation and has a bad headache and stuff but hes ok cos it was all just another matrix.

That's what I heard.

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Jonaldo
It turns out that Neo was asleep all the time and it was a dream he wakes up and theres a Dalek waiting for him saying exterminate Mr Anderson and theyre just about to shoot that funny steam ray at him when he gets beamed up to a starship run by Clangers and he runs from them when they make their weird noises but he cant get away so has to disguise himself as a Wookie so he does that and steals a shuttle and flies off to a planet that he thinks is Earth but its not and it has all these mutant Wookie eating Llama birds and he has to run away which is silly as hes not a mutant Wookie so is safe but he takes off the suit and now he looks like a mutant Wookie so needs to run from the Llama birds but then finds a big Alien that turns invisible and nearly gets killed but some monkeys save him then make him a slave then he escapes and sees a smashed up Statue of Liberty and he realises that in fact hes not even on another planet or travelled through time but just got confused by a really long and stupid sentence without any punctuation and has a bad headache and stuff but hes ok cos it was all just another matrix.

That's what I heard.
Britney Spears stars as the Llama bird queen. And they all die.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Jonaldo

That's what I heard.

You ripped me off, I claim trial by Nop'Tarr or something for infringement of imaginary copyright law!

P

PR.

Just got back from it, I really liked it, then again I enjoyed the first and 2nd ones to

I think this guy on the BBC website put it best:

So many people, after watching the original Matrix, wanted the second and third films looking to findanswers to spiritual and religious questions that they felt the first film offered up. They forget that the primary function of the films are as entertainment, not as an answer to the hollow feelings they have inside, answers that neither their own religion or materialistic lifestyles are not providing them- as the two latest films are suggesting - there are no answers to the big questions.

We should celebrate the fact that the filmakers are trying to create a world and the films do have ideas and great action - some other films insult your intelligence. Just enjoy the ride, stop worrying about desired effects on your soul.
Michael,UK

S

(Shovel)

I tried to force myself not to read the thread again, but failed.

However, thank you PR - you've not spoiled anything, and you've put to rest that bit of me that was immensely agitated at the BBC art. Hopefully I can sit peacefully until I get to see it.

Thanks very much :)

E

ECA

The Matrix series is a tribute to anime, namely Ghost In The shell amongst others.

All you mainstream muppets fk off.

www.kthxbye.com

T

Tenko

I loved the 1st film, saw it twice at the pictures and countless times on DVD.

Well I watched the 2nd film on DVD as I couldnt be arsed seeing it at the pictures after the poor reviews and thought it was "ok" but no more and no less.

On Rotten Tomatoes it got 73% which is quite respectable.

So far Revolutions has 38%.

This is not exactly reassuring.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheMatrixRevolutions-1127201/

R

Rederovski

Saw it at 3 today straight after college, in my opinion it was shite compared to the other 2.

The first matrix was top.
2nd = okay.
3rd = disappointing.

T

Tom

Just come back from seeing it. My opinion:

OUTSTANDING

The battle scene is an amazing rush. When it ended, I could feel my heart beating quite fast, which doesn't normally happen (the last time was when watching Breakdown).

The conclusion isn't that bad, and yes, it does leave it open for another film :D

B

Big G

I've just got back from seeing it.

There was good bits and bad bits. The acting was dreadful, and I think the Wachowski brothers need to go to script writing school.

The script. Pick from one of the following lines, then pick a different line. Repeat:

"why?"

"why am i here?"

"why do i have a choice?"

"what happens if i dont make a choice?"

"why is Trinity a horse?"

etc.

Having said that, I was cramped up in pain; tears rolling down my cheeks laughing at parts of it. **SPOILER** The bit where he goes blind, man I was creasing myself - he looked like the Karate Kid but his headband had slipped down. The battle bits were pretty good though.

the first was one of the best films of all time, the second was poop and the third was midly better but just to cheesy at parts.

Kiss me one more time!!!

:puke:

G

D

doh_boy

I thought it was top myself :D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Just came back, I loved the guy in the 'mech-suit'.

I don't see why the end is open, the matrix goes on to version 3(?) and zion survives. This iteration, though, feeds off the idea that whoever wants to live in the matrix (the 'judas' character from the first) can and who doesn't, doesn't have to. I'm of the opinion that all the 'robots' are linked someway to the matrix and such is how neo can affect them and the golden light is the part of the 'robots' that neo can see.

I also assume that the archietect is high up in the robot society.

Anyway imho It's 1, 3, 2 in that order (of goodness :p)

Also when smith asks 'Why keep fighting mr anderson..etc' I so wanted him to say 'Just to piss you off'

:D

I liked the fact that, that moment was obvious enough for me to get it :D

I'm not sure I get how he does in smith after 'assimilation. :/

L

leggy

I agree with tom

Awsome film. It all made perfect sense. The second one makes a lot more sense now. I cba to give my thoughts here as they will undoubtably be shat on.

Anyway my final comment on it:

Loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom